• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Colorado Cerebral Palasy Exotic Sprots Car Show

Sunday, June 4, 2006 9:00 AM to 3:00PM will see the 23rd annual Cerebral Palsy of Colorado Exotic Sports Car Show and Concours D'Ellegance. For the past few years mmmikemo has rallied us to attend and to set up a special area for our NSXs. Last year, if memory serves, there were about a dozen of us surrounding the NSX banner that he managed to get somewhere.

Mike is now in Southern California, so someone else has to organize this. I'll give it a try. The best part of this 300+ car show is the partially shaded GRASS field it is held upon -- no stinking hot asphalt parking lot this! The event is at 5900 South Sante Fe Drive, Littleton, CO -- about 4 miles south of the I-25/Sante Fe interchange and perhaps a little less distance north of the C470/Sante Fe interchange. It is a snap to get to.

Further information is available at www.cpco.org/concours, which is well worth a visit to see their header made up of 4 -- count them, 4 -- NSXs.

Please respond to this thread so we can all follow who will show up. The entry fee is $30, and you get an additional pair of $10 entry passes. It is a good cause, it is a fun day, so make your plans now.

Hope to beat least year's numbers

Mark

This show is one of the major fundraisers for Cerebal Palsy of Colorado, and it's a great cause. I've been trying to fill Mike's shoes on the Concours committee to make sure our cars continue to be represented in this great event. This year, we will be joined by our cousin VTECs, the S2000s - lets see if we can get more cars then they do :smile:

Entry forms should already have been sent out to last year's participants, but you can sign up at their web site, which Mark has posted. Feel free to IM me for more information.

I saw a some new faces at the detailing seminar we did, and it would be great if everyone who was there could be there in June - especially the Enzo :biggrin:

Last year, there was a dinner the night before at a local eatery, and I'd like to do one this year as well. Any suggestions for a place?

I look forward to seeing everyone in June, if not before,

Steve

LrdVader said:
I saw a some new faces at the detailing seminar we did, and it would be great if everyone who was there could be there in June - especially the Enzo :biggrin:
I think I also heard someone at the detailing seminar mention they've ridden in and know the owner of a McLaren F1. Would be REALLY great to get that car to this show (flanked by NSXs, of course :wink:).

latzke said:
I think I also heard someone at the detailing seminar mention they've ridden in and know the owner of a McLaren F1. Would be REALLY great to get that car to this show (flanked by NSXs, of course :wink:).

Hey Craig,

At the Denver Auto show they said that the owner of the new Bugatti they were showing lived in Denver and I am wondering if he/she will take it to the show. It was beautiful and cost 1.4mil :eek:

I can't wait for the show, would ya'll like to stage our cars next to each other, so we can overwhelm them will all S2k's and NSX's. Just a thought. That actually reminds me that I need to post a registration thread on the s2kca site.

Take care and definitely looking forward to this show.

Denver

Just a friendly reminder that the early registration for the show ends on May 15. Also, the company I work for will be generously matching any money I raise for this event, which includes contributions from anyone here that signs up for the show.

The show is also in need of volunteers, especially in the morning to help stage the cars. Anyone interested in helping out, please shoot me a PM.

I would love to have the Pikes Peak race car at the show. Who here thinks they have the best relationship with them?

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone there, this is shaping up to be the largest show they've had yet!

Steve

There is a guy in Denver who bought the first and the last veyron..I forget his name..I willl check.I am also going to come to the show.

hoops7k said:
There is a guy in Denver who bought the first and the last veyron..I forget his name..I willl check.I am also going to come to the show.

This was the Veyron at the auto show in Denver. The owner is local in Colorado and I understand is a very nice guy.

veyron.JPG

veyron-2.JPG

veyron-3.JPG

HitMan

I am coming...so you can count me in. Will send in my registration this week.

LrdVader said:
I would love to have the Pikes Peak race car at the show.

I was in the Springs yesterday and stopped by Pikes Peak Acura, chatted with Paul about this car show. He's going to talk to Jeff (co-owner of Pikes Peak Acura ... supporter of the motorsports activities there) about this and get back to me in the next couple days.

BTW, does anyone know specifics about the judging activities (what is it all about, classes/categories of cars, criteria, etc, etc)? I'm not really interested in participated...mostly just curious. I don't see info on their site...which is odd to me if they're interested in having people participate or at least understand what's going on there.

We have only one category in the NSX class, and if they judge the same as in years past, cars are basically judged on how clean they are. I've been penalized in before for having grass in the pedal area. They find water spots in the gas cap area, dirt in the engine, etc. Perhaps we should have another detailing day before the show :smile:

I look forward to seeing everyone there, and for those who don't know the date (it's been pointed out to me that I never posted the date in previous posts), it's on June 4.

Steve

latzke said:
BTW, does anyone know specifics about the judging activities (what is it all about, classes/categories of cars, criteria, etc, etc)? I'm not really interested in participated...mostly just curious. I don't see info on their site...which is odd to me if they're interested in having people participate or at least understand what's going on there.

OOhhhh.....I see how this works!! He gets us to detail his car at the detail seminar, and then goes to the car show and kicks all our asses!!! :biggrin: Steve's car was looking SWEET at the end of the Detailer's Paradise seminar. Can't wait to see it at the show. Take care.

You weren't supposed to discover my nafarious plan! :biggrin: I guess I'm gonna have to cancel the June 3 car wash clinic I was planning at my house.

I'm sorry to hear about your recent misfortune - did they ever catch the bastards?

Steve

Doc C said:
OOhhhh.....I see how this works!! He gets us to detail his car at the detail seminar, and then goes to the car show and kicks all our asses!!! :biggrin: Steve's car was looking SWEET at the end of the Detailer's Paradise seminar. Can't wait to see it at the show. Take care.

LrdVader said:
I'm sorry to hear about your recent misfortune - did they ever catch the bastards?

Steve

Not yet, but police are very optimistic. Thanks for your concern. Take care.

FYI,

WASH AND WAX CLINIC JUNE 3rd (day before car show)

At Centennial Collision, S2000 registered for the car show will have first dibs, then registered NSX's, if your not registered you can still check out the clinic and get alot of great info from the best shop I have ever done business with.
Here is a link with more information.
http://www.s2kca.com/forums/showthread.php?p=84410#post84410

Feel free to make a new free User login at s2kca to reply or you can reply to this board, Obviously I check s2kca must more often.

Take care,

Denver

The show is coming soon, and I can't wait to see everyone. Currently, it looks like there are 8 NSXes signed up.

I know some people wait to decide if they can make it, but I would like to make sure there is enough space reserved so that we can all park together.

Can you please send me a quick message if you plan on being there?

Also, if anyone wants to help out on the day of the show, we could use help directing cars to their parking areas before the show.

All in all, it looks like it is going to be a great event.

See everyone there,

Steve

I have received 3 NSX banners for the show. Two are NSXCA -- one white and one black, and the other is the SouthWest US Region NSX Club.

I have fabricated some self standing poles to hang them about 6 feet high (and will collapse to transport them in the NSX.) I don't know if we are allowed to plant banners at the show, but I figure I'll stick them in the ground and wait to see what happens. I've always worked on the theory that it is easier to get forgiveness than permission.

Looking forward to seeing you all there

Mark

Back