Clad modeling an nsx????

My buddy just bought a 1992 nsx that was completely vandalize by some one ex lover. All the panels needs to be replaced from bumper to bumper.

So my question here is, how expensive would it cost to completely redesign an Nsx? Would it be in the ten of thousands? Cost to fiber glass all the parts needed? Cost to make a mugen rr????

His other choice is to buy some knock off veilside body kit for about 5k and another 7k for paint and installations vs getting all the oem parts that would cost a leg.

List of parts that he currently needs:

hood, fenders, front bumper, both doors, both 1/4 panels, trunk lids, tail lights, head lights, both bumper, spoiler, all glass. Pretty much the whole exterior.

Any advice or experiences on clad modeling???

i wonder if we can find some student intern that would redesign it for cheap or maybe do it ourselves (not)

this has to be one of the more bizarre posts of the day.Is the car insured?

Contact Prime member shawn110975 for assistance. I've heard he does magnificent one-off reproductions of NSX's with AMAZING results!! You'll thank me!!

Contact Prime member shawn110975 for assistance. I've heard he does magnificent one-off reproductions of NSX's with AMAZING results!! You'll thank me!!

I put it together I didn't design it or create it from hand I did TB/WP most of the wiring headers exhaust suspension etc. I am an NSX lover and only like the original design that's why I have owned so many different years. the WTF thread was a terrible feeling for me LOL
all my builds are OEM standards LOL

carry on.

- - - Updated - - -

to the OP pics or its an april fools joke

and if all those parts needs to be replaced then that is one mean women and must be a beast in the bedroom LOL

I suggest if you go thru the insurance company they may salvage the car if its past the 75% mark of it value
have the guy contact me but Im in Florida so

and if he decides to go all CF, fiberglass, cheapo parts don't contact me because even the best builder can only work so much magic

goodluck

^Shawn, you know that was all said in good fun brother… You know we all appreciate you being one of the resident NSX saviors here on the forum..

Sorry no pic of the nsx at this time. Nsx is current strip down of all exterior parts. I will see if I can get a pix of it.

Car was vandalize by the guy current girlfriend's ex boyfriend.

This was purchased thru a private party. With a salvage title now. 1992 with 143k miles (under $11k great deal I think)

No one has comment on clad modeling, as in cost???

I was thinking how much would it cost to fiber glass all the needed oem parts. I think this route would be the cheapest.

I'd cut your losses and move on if I were you. Even cheap fiberglass wide bodies cost tens of thousands to complete.

Sorry no pic of the nsx at this time. Nsx is current strip down of all exterior parts. I will see if I can get a pix of it.
Car was vandalize by the guy current girlfriend's ex boyfriend.
This was purchased thru a private party. With a salvage title now. 1992 with 143k miles (under $11k great deal I think)
No one has comment on clad modeling, as in cost???
I was thinking how much would it cost to fiber glass all the needed oem parts. I think this route would be the cheapest.

I still don't know what clad modeling is so would appreciate your explanation.

Otherwise you will be better off to part out this NSX
You have a salvage title so the car will never be worth top dollar.
You'll be spending upwards of $20K for parts to make it respectable plus an unknown amount on maintenance.
You could easily spend close to $35K for the car, the parts, and the maintenance which is more than it will be worth.

An NSX is not a car that you do "on the cheap". If it's insured as it should be, it's likely to be totaled with the list of parts you have given. Use the money to get another one or buy it back and part it out and use the money to get another. And, what the hell is clad modeling? I'm starting to smell troll here. But I could be wrong. So good luck with this project. BTW, those that do it on the cheap usually end up with this......

Attachments

• 00t0t_5sTNTUR4Ed1_600x450.jpg
    00t0t_5sTNTUR4Ed1_600x450.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 389
Maybe he means scantily clad modeling.

Something like this...?

th

spoonerism ?

An NSX is not a car that you do "on the cheap". If it's insured as it should be, it's likely to be totaled with the list of parts you have given. Use the money to get another one or buy it back and part it out and use the money to get another. And, what the hell is clad modeling? I'm starting to smell troll here. But I could be wrong. So good luck with this project. BTW, those that do it on the cheap usually end up with this......

Damn! That just made my day and put a smile on my face. I'd rather ride a bicycle though then that.

I needed this thread. It's been a long week already today. Leave it to Prime to brighten the day! The cheapo car pic got me good but then the bait well comment got me again. But looks like there's more than one bait well pic on the page! Thanks!

As I stated before, my friend recently purchased the nsx the way it is for under $11k.

My question was pretty clear and simple and I don't know how you people manage to get off topic.

clad modeling for the people that don't understand, just simply google it, lots of great videos of it on YouTube.

as for trolling, I only troll on Facebook.......

...I don't know how you people manage to get off topic.

We have talent. Hey, how 'bout that new Ford GT?

- - - Updated - - -

clad modeling for the people that don't understand, just simply google it, lots of great videos of it on YouTube.

So I did as you suggested and googled "clad modeling". Half the first page consisted of links to sites related to water chemistry in light water nuclear reactors and half to sites with "scantily clad models". Youtube was mostly just the models. So what's up with this "clad modeling". I'm sure it's a thing in Anaheim Hills but here among the great unwashed in the darkest wilds of Mississippi, we've never heard of it. But we have heard of Heidi Klum.

clad modeling for the people that don't understand, just simply google it

So I Googled clad modeling and got this:

The present paper deals with the theoretical modeling of a nonlinear asymmetrical metal-clad planar waveguide for sensor application to achieve high sensitivity. We take the appropriate field distributions for the proposed structure and impose the boundary conditions to derive the mode equation and other necessary formulae for the proposed sensor. The effect of nonlinearity on the sensitivity of the waveguide is studied. Also, we have compared our computed results with the results given for a similar sensor having five layers structure. It is observed that the sensitivity of the sensor is improved by introducing a nonlinear material in the cover medium.

Then I went to YouTube, typed the words in and got a bunch of videos about scantly clad women modeling.

And the reason people go off topic is because apparently no one knows what clad modeling is.
Why don't you post a link to a clear definition?

Last edited:
So I Googled clad modeling and got this:

The present paper deals with the theoretical modeling of a nonlinear asymmetrical metal-clad planar waveguide for sensor application to achieve high sensitivity. We take the appropriate field distributions for the proposed structure and impose the boundary conditions to derive the mode equation and other necessary formulae for the proposed sensor. The effect of nonlinearity on the sensitivity of the waveguide is studied. Also, we have compared our computed results with the results given for a similar sensor having five layers structure. It is observed that the sensitivity of the sensor is improved by introducing a nonlinear material in the cover medium.

Then I went to YouTube, typed the words in and got a bunch of videos about scantly clad women modeling.

And the reason people go off topic is because apparently no one knows what clad modeling is.
Why don't you post a link to a clear definition?

Are you referring to inner clad or outer clad?

Think of this thread a small bridge over a river. The OP lives under said bridge but does manage to pop up to collect money from all that have taken time to respond / request passage. Ah to be 15 again...

Back