Chrome not popular anymore?

Haha, have you actually had polished wheels? I've had both, the polished ones were a PITA.. spent an hour a week with metal polish just polishing the oxidation away (and it comes right back after 2 days :rolleyes:).

Chrome just needed to be washed and dried.

I can substantiate this. Maintenance wise, chrome is a lot better than polished wheels. My polished wheels show water spots, light scratches, and dust a lot more than chrome.

I have both. I don't find the polished ones nearly that bad, perhaps you're doing something wrong... In any event, the big issue is refinishing - you can get polished refinished pretty easily, chrome not so much.

Cheers,
Ian

Haha, have you actually had polished wheels? I've had both, the polished ones were a PITA.. spent an hour a week with metal polish just polishing the oxidation away (and it comes right back after 2 days :rolleyes:).

Chrome just needed to be washed and dried.

Their is a big difference between polished and chromed. They both give off a different vibe. You can see this from the pictures PHOEN$X posted.

Polished wheels aren't hard to take care of if they are clearcoated.

You know what looks REALLY good? A bare machined finished (diamond cut?) thats been clearcoated. Its the same finish on the 97-00' 7 spoke and S2000 wheels.

Last edited:
Their is a big difference between polished and chromed. They both give off a different vibe. You can see this from the pictures PHOEN$X posted.

Here's a side by side difference:
wheels_budnik_compare.jpg

I feel chrome is more fitting for the older generation. That's all you see on cars from the 60's and 70's. I think the older gents that have NSXs like chrome. Me being in the younger gen personally can't stand chrome. I feel it's almost cheap looking. It almost takes away from the beauty of a car. IMO.

I feel chrome is more fitting for the older generation. That's all you see on cars from the 60's and 70's. I think the older gents that have NSXs like chrome. Me being in the younger gen personally can't stand chrome. I feel it's almost cheap looking. It almost takes away from the beauty of a car. IMO.

:biggrin:

Now wait a minute there, son. I resemble that. I can be on the 632 am Delta flight into Moncton to adjust some kneecaps. :wink:

Personally I do not care for chrome, however I have seen some vehicles that look good with chrome wheels. The NSX to me is one of the cars I don't care for with chrome.

:biggrin:

Now wait a minute there, son. I resemble that. I can be on the 632 am Delta flight into Moncton to adjust some kneecaps. :wink:

hahaha, I didnt mean to offend. Once you land in Moncton, head north for an hour and 20. See ya when you get here, hahahaha.

Do you not agree though? lol

Back