Chicago Area Pre-Holiday Meet, Dec. 9 or 10?

H-carWizKid said:
By the time I went outside it was so dark that barely any of my shots came out. :frown:

There were a lot of cameras there, so I am sure some pictures will surface pretty soon. There was a great NSX turn out for a winter event.

Thanks again to those who organized.

It was very nice to meet everyone.

See you all next time!

Philip

THANKS Philip,

It was nice of you and very considerate to donate the 3 posters that we awarded as prizes.

Farthest traveled to attend the event: Brandon and Jessica from Missouri :eek: [Brandon was not wearing his flame suite:rolleyes:]

Demo Ride Award: 2 winners
Cody & Jen for taking the time to give rides to all who wanted or dared to experience their LoveFab Turbo NSX. Additionally, 2nd longest distance traveled; from Traverses City MI.:eek:

Demo Ride Award: Woody in recognition of the demo rides he has given in his LoveFab Turbo NSX to other owners at 2 of our get together.

The spirit of NSX ownership you 3 demonstrated in sharing your time with us is very much appreciated. :biggrin: :cool:
As Sean stated: you guys all ROCK; as does everyone who attended.

Wow! What a meet.

Again, thanks to everyone who made the effort to make the long drive out, braving ice and salt. You demonstrated the true spirit of NSX ownership.

A few call outs...

Brandon and Jessica - congrats on the new addition to your family. And the ICE mods on your car were off the hook - 2 screens!

Woody and Cody - Again, an impressive show from the turbo crew. Not only are you guys blowing the lid off the horsepower "race," but you also have two of the rarest colored NSXs out there - Yellow and Midnight Pearl.

The new members - Paul, Paul and Jeremy. Welcome to the group. Although it is late in the season, you can see we're a pretty dedicated group. In the warmer months, between weekly meets, track days and special events, you can always find something going on NSX related. It is kind of weird though - you can go months without ever seeing another NSX on the road, and then you go to these meets and you're surrounded by a dozen of them!

The OG Chicago crew - Great seeing everyone again. Sean and Stacey, Randy, Brain, Robert, Dave, Rocco - you guys are the backbone of the crew.

Steve - Yes, you have the fastest LBBP NSX out there. We will miss having you around next year.

Jin - Thanks for coming out. Hope to see you at even more meets.

Philip - We didn't get to talk much, but thanks for bringing the posters.

Bob - We need to do this more often! Thanks for coordinating all of this, figuring out the bill, and being the ambassador for the Chicago crew. Without you enthusiasm, we wouldn't have events like this.

To anyone I may have missed, guests, etc. thanks again for coming out to the event.

I'm hoping we can get together again during the cold months, maybe in February (or sooner), to help the winter pass by sooner. When is that NSXCA dinner again?

- Frank

Fantastic Event! The weather was nice, though a bit chilly. At least the roads were dry.

I had a nice long response typed up, then my computer fritzed and I lost it all. I will be back over lunch time when the sleepiness is long gone.

In the mean time, get some pictures up!

Great meet. Yes, the time flew by quickly.
I knew I was in the company of fanatics when 1/2 my dinner table got up and walked out to look at and take pics of the cars before dark/food was served. Good stuff.
Thanks for not flaming my friend who brought his Cayman S. He was happy to be there. Next time I will bring my fiancee.

Thanks for organizing!

Paul91 said:
Thanks for not flaming my friend who brought his Cayman S. He was happy to be there.

I wanted to talk to your friend about the Porsche, because I think Caymans are pretty interesting cars. Maybe next time.

The Cayman S is an amazing car. I've driven it to it's limit, and it truly is a "driver's car". The recent 911's have been criticized for not having enough driver involvement. The Cayman is exactly the opposite. There are many similarities to the NSX. It's really buttoned down and feels fantastic. It's also brand new, which helps!:smile:

Thanks to all who made it in!

Cody (& Jen), nice to meet you in person. Dude, that is one MASSIVE :eek: :biggrin: turbo, thanks for the ride! Thanks for all the info on your incredible Lovefab systems!

Thanks to Woody for (another) ride in the yellow beast!

Is Brandon (& Jessica) OK? I haven't seen any posts yet. Awesome ride!

Thanks to Bob and Frank for the setup!

Thanks to all the regulars as well as new members!

Great event overall..... My speed "addiction" has been (temporarily) re-dosed!:biggrin: :smile: :biggrin:

Good to see some new owners and the OG.

Attachments

• DSC09943 (Medium).JPG
    DSC09943 (Medium).JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 92
  • DSC09957 (Medium).JPG
    DSC09957 (Medium).JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 77
  • DSC09956 (Medium).JPG
    DSC09956 (Medium).JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 87
MORE PICTURES!!!

I'm going to start calling my car Plain-Jane. After seeing the line-up, I am very impressed with what some of you are able to do with your cars.

The list of thanks has been covered quite well, but that won't prevent me from doing it again. Big thanks to Bob and Frank for being the heart and soul respectively of our gatherings (and Steve can be the mouth:tongue: -- we WILL miss you for sure:frown: ). Thanks to the brave folks from out-of-town whose NSX enthusiasm was infectious. Thanks to the new owners-- hope to see you all again at events next year.

Special nod to Jin for the bizarre moment of realization that we both played basketball at the same college. Hope to see you at more events next year. And let's talk about a francise deal in the western suburbs for NSD.:biggrin:

Happy Holidays
Randy

Ok, sorry for such a late response, but after having to get up the next morning at 0' dark thirty and go into a full day of work after the drive back was exhausting.

...which amazingly enough the drive back was only 5 1/2 at night rather then 6 1/2 by day...hmm:wink::biggrin::cool:, let's just say Jess' was snoozing while I was CRUIZIN' with the Beltronics RX-75 in full effect! Bugs don't splatter in triple digit speeds amazingly with rain-x on the window, just blood an guts for a millisecond and roll right off:biggrin::wink:

(Jess' jus' walked by and said; "let me guess, primetime?!"):rolleyes::redface:Busted!

So...

To everyone I met, AWESOME CROWD! AWESOME CARS! ...but seriously I only came for the chicken.:biggrin::tongue:

But really thank you guys soo much for treating me like family, I really didn't feel like an outsider or a loaner. Jess was actually happy for once to be at a car meet:eek:

It was also pretty dark when I made it out, but I will try an post pics as soon as I get some sleep.:redface:

A SPECIAL THANKS TO; Bob and Pam, you guys made Jessica's entire day by taking us on that beautiful cruise through Chicago. It may not have seemed like soo much, BUT I knew Jess' wasn't gonna' be too enthused about going to an "X" meet, but that really put a smile on her face:wink: Thank you both soo, much and know that you've got friends down the road in MO.

Frank congrats on your lil' one as well! Ashamed I didn't get to see the "X," but that's all the more reason to make the next meet

Cody, I pray our girls didn't exchange numbers or we're both about to be broke bastards. Next time I'm gonna' have to get a ride in that wild animal you call an NSX.

Brian, awesome Imola orange, one of my favorite cars there out of all of them last night:smile:

Steve? great sound system, and loved the blue interior with it, VERY CLEAN. I'm trying to convince Jess' now to let me get a set up like yours:wink:

Wow, I feel like a "double dork" for not being able to make it out on sunday!!!:frown: I had a bunch of stuff to do and with only one day off a week its tough to cram in all my crap! I wish I could have made it but, i'm in next time!!! Nice to see everyone had a great time!:smile:

Some more pics.

Attachments

• left.JPG
    left.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 88
  • right.JPG
    right.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 81
  • center.JPG
    center.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 95
I'm returning to finish my short post a day late, as it gets rather busy around here.

Great event and I cannot wait until the next one! Hopefully the weather cooperates enough to bring the NSX again, but I fear those nice days are rather numbered until early April.

Bob and Pam - It was great to finally meet both of you! Not many people would have welcomed a near-complete stranger to their home to - of all things - wash his salt spattered car. Thank you so much! Hopefully I can convince Bob to try the snail path on one of his NSXs' to begin having some REAL fun ;)

Frank - It was also great to meet you. I am rather surprised that even NSX purists were "in the dark"(pun intended because it was dark outside) about Midnight Pearl. Wait until you see the paint in bright sunlight, it truely is a striking color!

DRZZZ - No question is a dumb question! I am glad to have shared plenty of information about our turbo systems with you. Now I just have to work on convincing you to slap one of them on. Check my signature for even more persuasive information ;)

Sean and Stacey - Can't wait to see you at Gingerman next year! I plan on attending every G-man NSX meet and many more - if I can figure out a braking solution.

Philip - Thanks for the poster! I've now decided to transform the office into a similar theme as your garage :)

Brandon and Jessica - I am glad to see that we were not the only crazy people to drive 300+ miles for a "local" NSX meet. It was very nice to meet both of you.

Everyone else - It was nice to meet all of you. The time FLEW and I did not get a chance to chat with everyone; though I did want to. We can catch up at the next meet, which I would like to see start at an earlier time to allow for more "hanging out".

I am planning on organizing a meet next summer in the Elk Rapids area. The weather is always great from May-August and the drives are phenominal. I am thinking sometime in June we could cooridinate the event to optionally include the Elk Rapids car show.

It was my pleasure to give rides. I wanted to give more, but the local authorities saw to it that the rides ceased.

Finally, Jen had a WONDERFUL time! This is the first "meet", of any sort that she felt completely included in. It was great, and she is as excited about the next meet as I am.

Anymore pics?

btcog82 said:
....Is it just me or is there an NSX missing in those pics:cool:

Man you guys they are talking about it being in the high 60's this weekend. I may have to make another run up there this weekend:wink: :biggrin:

Brandon,

You and Jessica are welcome anytime. If you can give me a little advanced notice so we can be sure we are available; if it is a spur of the moment thing come ahead anyway we will make something work.

Brandon:

"Man you guys they are talking about it being in the high 60's this weekend. I may have to make another run up there this weekend."

Bring Jess, this weekend in the Motor City looks favorable. Keep your tour alive! Sunday 17th is open, get up here we'll see if Detroit NSXers drive 'em in December... but I know several are already nighty-night. :confused:

I enjoyed every posting on this thread, even the pictures. You Windy City owners have a good thing going.

alum04org said:
I enjoyed every posting on this thread, even the pictures. You Windy City owners have a good thing going.

Thanks for the complement; any and all NSXs are always welcome at our get together's. If you have some free time come join in; Detroit doesn't seem too far when compared to Missouri. The Michigan NSXs; Cody and part time Michigan NSX Woody, added a lot to the gathering so a precedent has been set:
Michigan NSXs and their owners "ROCK". :cool:
Hope to see you and your car in the not too distant future. :biggrin:

I plan on making some of the Windy city events next year. I am there often, as my two brothers both live there. So that should mean even more turbo madness going on. Should be fun.:smile:

Elite said:
I plan on making some of the Windy city events next year. I am there often, as my two brothers both live there. So that should mean even more turbo madness going on. Should be fun.:smile:

We look forward to you being in town; if you would inform us of the approximate dates you are planning on coming in; I will let you know what we have planned.

Given NSXPO will be in Ohio in 07, I advise putting that one on your calender. That event dwarfs all other NSX events; I would urge you not to miss it. Driving to Ohio through Chicago could lead to some caravaning to NSXPO.

One of our own, needspeed [Steve], has been transfered to MN. :frown: You will soon have some additional NSX company. :cool:
Please look after him, I am not sure he has been that far north before and he has come to mean a lot to us.:biggrin:

All new NSX'rs to MN are welcome. We'll do our best to make him feel at home.

I am already planning on NSXPO next year, so we'll definatly have to coordinate the caravan.

And I'm normally there for basic visiting with family, so dates are flexible. I'll keep my eyes in this area for some events and try to plan accordingly. My car has been down for a while, but am eager to finish it this winter and put as many miles on next year as possible.:)

Elite said:
All new NSX'rs to MN are welcome. We'll do our best to make him feel at home.

I am already planning on NSXPO next year, so we'll definatly have to coordinate the caravan.

And I'm normally there for basic visiting with family, so dates are flexible. I'll keep my eyes in this area for some events and try to plan accordingly. My car has been down for a while, but am eager to finish it this winter and put as many miles on next year as possible.:)

Thanks for the offer of looking after Steve; he is "very shy"and may need some encouragement to open-up and talk.:wink: :rolleyes: :biggrin:

If you care to make an entire weekend out of it; the "Spring Fling" that Ken Sax organizes is a great event and season opener. It offten centers in South Haven, Michigan near Gingerman Raceway with a drivers school on Monday.

Keep an eye on the Mid-West Forum and I will add you to my list of owners I try to keep informed.

Well it's been a week but I just wanted to say thanks to Frank and Bob for another enjoyable event. Thanks to Steve for his entertainment during dinner and for making me his manager when he takes his shtick on the road! Although my buddy Erik doesn't own an NSX, he's a big car guy (rebuilt his 944 Turbo on his own) and enjoys getting together with car guys to talk engine stuff. Hats off to those who made the long haul and welcome to the group! I too, Randy, feel like the "Plain Jane" of the bunch. My mods are Sirius and tint!! Oh, and a few LEDs under the dash. After seeing turbos, exhausts, wheels, body kits and Steve's sound system, I think my claim to individuality will be to stay stock! lol. I took her for a hand wash earlier today and after the Bears game I'll put the new OEM cover on her figuring our luck with the weather is going to run out soon. Have a great Christmas all!

Back