Chicago Area Pre-Holiday Meet, Dec. 9 or 10?

ROC CHGONSX said:
Forecast call for near 40° with sun. :smile:
I have not seen the sun in over a week! It will have been nearly two weeks by Sunday; it will be nice to catch some rays. I just hope the plows can have the roads cleared out of here by then, right now, there is over 12" on my immediate side-road, with glare ice on the main highway. Winter rocks :rolleyes:

Tinker219 said:
I have not seen the sun in over a week! It will have been nearly two weeks by Sunday; it will be nice to catch some rays. I just hope the plows can have the roads cleared out of here by then, right now, there is over 12" on my immediate side-road, with glare ice on the main highway. Winter rocks :rolleyes:

Point that exhaust at the road; back out and you will either blow all the snow and ice off or melt it in place. Just don't stop in the wet spots for too long or or your tires may achieve ultimate traction. :rolleyes: :biggrin:

Looking forward to meeting you in person; the "stories" Woody has told me about you can't be TRUE. Just think of the stories the 2 of you can tell about Devin. :wink: :biggrin:

Last edited:
Bob Kenney said:
Point that exhaust at the road; back out and you will either blow all the snow and ice off or melt it in place. Just don't stop in the wet spots for too long or or your ties may achieve ultimate traction. :rolleyes: :biggrin:

Looking forward to meeting you in person; the "stories" Woody has told me about you can't be TRUE. Just think of the stories the 2 of you can tell about Devin. :wink: :biggrin:

LOL, I have been starting my car everyday this week trying to get the snow to melt in the driveway, I am iced in right now, but the city roads have been cleared. I'm going to salt the driveway AGAIN today and hopefully the 4 inches will melt away:frown:

Brandon

Frank- I'm in. Thanks for the invite. I think ALSWEL will be making it, too. 40 degrees and sunny. Let's hope that holds:smile:

I will be there. As stated in the new & prospective owner section, I am picking my '91 Blk/Ivory up tonight at 8 PM. I think I have seen 2 NSXs on the road in the past 4 years. Now I am going to own one and I get to see what looks like 15 or so on Sunday. I look forward to meeting all of you.

Jeremy

btcog82 said:
LOL, I have been starting my car everyday this week trying to get the snow to melt in the driveway, I am iced in right now, but the city roads have been cleared. I'm going to salt the driveway AGAIN today and hopefully the 4 inches will melt away:frown:

Brandon

Brandon, can you start a fire to melt the snow off your driveway? :wink:
According to your avatar you look like your dressed for it.:rolleyes:

Bob Kenney said:
Brandon, can you start a fire to melt the snow off your driveway? :wink:
According to your avatar you look like your dressed for it.:rolleyes:

You kiddin' brother, I got the suit on and I bought 4 lil' propane torches at wal-mart.:biggrin:

2 for me to hold in each hand, and 2 for my girl to hold in each hand...we got a late night:biggrin:

btcog82 said:
You kiddin' brother, I got the suit on and I bought 4 lil' propane torches at wal-mart.:biggrin:

2 for me to hold in each hand, and 2 for my girl to hold in each hand...we got a late night:biggrin:[/QUOT

We will try to make sure this trip is worth your while; if get into town early Pam & I will treat you and your lady to brunch. :eek:

Calling all NSXs; Come one and all.:cool:

Some of our group has requested the street address for Del Rhea's Chicken Basket, so here it is:

Del Rhea's Chicken Basket
645 Joliet Road
Willowbrook IL 60527
Phone: 630-325-0780
www.chickenbasket.com

My phone # is: 773-559-8084 if any additional info is needed.:biggrin:

Bob Kenney said:
Calling all NSXs; Come one and all.:cool:

Some of our group has requested the street address for Del Rhea's Chicken Basket, so here it is:

Del Rhea's Chicken Basket
645 Joliet Road
Willowbrook IL 60527
Phone: 630-325-0780
www.chickenbasket.com

My phone # is: 773-559-8084 if any additional info is needed.:biggrin:

Danke

Philip

I will be there-- the wife and kid will be making gingerbread houses.

Please have my fried chicken hot and ready to eat...:biggrin:

ice cleared but...

Well I took the day off work:cool:(sick), AND its official the driveway has been cleared :eek::biggrin::eek::biggrin::eek: through almost 8 hours of sweat an tears (I think mainly from the salt...LOL:tongue::biggrin:), 5 1/2" of ice, 18" of snow...BUT its clear.

Now, one more problem...:frown: I ordered tires from tirerack.com yesterday(TUESDAY) for 2 day delivery and they said they won't be here til' FRIDAY evening:frown: I can't roll on my current wheels because my body shop ruined them when they last detailed the car. Somehow 80 EXTRA miles mysteriously appeared on my car and my tires returned with 20 to 25 LESS PSI:confused: :frown: :frown: :frown: :confused:

Needless to say whoever took my car joyriding, drove on practically flat tires ruining them:frown: So, I have to work late friday and saturday to take SUNDAY off.

BUT DON'T COUNT ME OUT YET:tongue: :biggrin: :tongue: :biggrin: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: I've got a plan...

I am taking the rims off the car FRIDAY NIGHT and leaving her (the X) on blocks in the garage:eek:, and loading her wheels in the back of my truck FRIDAY NIGHT, with the new tires and having the Misses take them to a shop to MOUNT/BALANCE them on Saturday, and when I return home Saturday evening, put them on the NSX ans drive early sunday morning:cool:

WISH ME LUCK!

Re: ice cleared but...

btcog82 said:
Well I took the day off work:cool:(sick), AND its official the driveway has been cleared :eek::biggrin::eek::biggrin::eek: through almost 8 hours of sweat an tears (I think mainly from the salt...LOL:tongue::biggrin:), 5 1/2" of ice, 18" of snow...BUT its clear.

Now, one more problem...:frown: I ordered tires from tirerack.com yesterday(TUESDAY) for 2 day delivery and they said they won't be here til' FRIDAY evening:frown: I can't roll on my current wheels because my body shop ruined them when they last detailed the car. Somehow 80 EXTRA miles mysteriously appeared on my car and my tires returned with 20 to 25 LESS PSI:confused: :frown: :frown: :frown: :confused:

Needless to say whoever took my car joyriding, drove on practically flat tires ruining them:frown: So, I have to work late friday and saturday to take SUNDAY off.

BUT DON'T COUNT ME OUT YET:tongue: :biggrin: :tongue: :biggrin: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: I've got a plan...

I am taking the rims off the car FRIDAY NIGHT and leaving her (the X) on blocks in the garage:eek:, and loading her wheels in the back of my truck FRIDAY NIGHT, with the new tires and having the Misses take them to a shop to MOUNT/BALANCE them on Saturday, and when I return home Saturday evening, put them on the NSX ans drive early sunday morning:cool:

WISH ME LUCK!

We'll get you here even if I have to drive out and lend you the wheels and tires hanging in my garage!

Guys,
Dave & I will be cruising in the Caribbean. Sorry to miss it.

btcog82 said:

WISH ME LUCK!

Brandon,

One additional option; you don't need to bring your NSX. We will still be glad to meet you and none of us doubt's that you own one.:wink: :biggrin:

We don't want you to miss this get together.
All the LUCK in the WORLD to You bro!!

Brandon,
You are making me feel like a real wimp for thinking of not bringing the NSX.
Obstacles to be overcome:
1. Remove car cover.
2. Open garage door. Note this has to be done without an automatic opener.
3. Call insurance agent to reinstate collision coverage.
4. Re-wash car.

Paul

You think you have it rough...

1st I'd have to fly to Houston, then I would have to convince my Dad to let me get the car out of it's "room" to use up the tires and drive the car 4000 miles round trip into an area with road salt- undoubtably causing the pristine polishing job on the undercarriage to be ruined..

Yeah, that impossible! ;)

Besides, I think Dad just recieved the Type S suspension from SOS today, so the car should be hitting the rack pretty soon, possibly even this weekend...

Y'all get to meet my 99 Accord coupe "Cricket" instead... :biggrin:

Here is what you are missing...
3738IMG_0975_2_.JPG

Philip

H-carWizKid said:
You think you have it rough...

1st I'd have to fly to Houston, then I would have to convince my Dad to let me get the car out of it's "room" to use up the tires and drive the car 4000 miles round trip into an area with road salt- undoubtably causing the pristine polishing job on the undercarriage to be ruined..

Yeah, that impossible! ;)

Besides, I think Dad just recieved the Type S suspension from SOS today, so the car should be hitting the rack pretty soon, possibly even this weekend...

Y'all get to meet my 99 Accord coupe "Cricket" instead... :biggrin:

Here is what you are missing...
3738IMG_0975_2_.JPG

Philip

Now that is way I wish my garage looked, instead of like a small fabrication/storage locker.:eek: :biggrin: I am impressed.:cool:

psnsx1 said:
Brandon,
You are making me feel like a real wimp for thinking of not bringing the NSX.
Obstacles to be overcome:
1. Remove car cover.
2. Open garage door. Note this has to be done without an automatic opener.
3. Call insurance agent to reinstate collision coverage.
4. Re-wash car.

Paul

Then you better show, if you know whats good for ya':wink:

(Goodfella Voice)"Hey Vinnie....Vinnie, we got another one for the underwater locker if he don't show:cool:"

Bob Kenney said:
Brandon,

One additional option; you don't need to bring your NSX. We will still be glad to meet you and none of us doubt's that you own one.:wink: :biggrin:

We don't want you to miss this get together.
All the LUCK in the WORLD to You bro!!

Boob,

She's comin whether on her own or not, plane, train, or drive her damn self on autopilot. I am calling FEDEX today to see if I can meet their truck for my delivery LOL, JK...but either way Boob and company, she's comin'! I spent those gruleing hours on the driveway just to get her out...but thanks for the luck Bob.

Did i menchin im en addvansst spewing calledge clases Boob?

plumcraezy said:
Guys,
Dave & I will be cruising in the Caribbean. Sorry to miss it.
Sounds like Rae and Dave will be just as sorry as I will. In other words - not really sorry, because we'll be enjoying ourselves, just sorry that the timing prevented us from being there as well as those other things we do. If you know what I mean. :D

btcog82 said:
Boob,

She's comin whether on her own or not, plane, train, or drive her damn self on autopilot. I am calling FEDEX today to see if I can meet their truck for my delivery LOL, JK...but either way Boob and company, she's comin'! I spent those gruleing hours on the driveway just to get her out...but thanks for the luck Bob.

Did i menchin im en addvansst spewing calledge clases Boob?

You said, "boob" heh heh (In Beavis voice)!!!

Back