Chicago Area Pre-Holiday Meet, Dec. 9 or 10?

Bob Kenney said:
It would seem by your recent activities, Expo and beyond, your engine swap is working out very well. :biggrin:
Yes, with almost 4000 miles on it on the Florida trip, including almost 600 track miles, it got a good shake-out.

Bob Kenney said:
Have you felt any difference in the car?
Has the performance changed in anyway?
It's tough to say. It felt perhaps a bit stronger than my original engine but it could just be my imagination. In any case, I'm very happy with it.

I had one minor problem with it in Florida. The idle was erratic. Nabil and Oster, of First Class Automotive, a shop in Orlando that works on a lot of NSXs, looked at it, tried spraying the idle control valve with carb cleaner, which didn't work, then replaced the valve, which cured it.

nsxtasy said:
Yes, with almost 4000 miles on it on the Florida trip, including almost 600 track miles, it got a good shake-out.

It's tough to say. It felt perhaps a bit stronger than my original engine but it could just be my imagination. In any case, I'm very happy with it.

Ken,

I am glad the engine change went well and continues serve you well; my best wishes for continued great motoring. I would like to thank you for sharing the whole episode concerning the vibration damper, it has had an impact on my engine build.

Is there any room for a REALLY LOUD NSX? I would like to get out of the shop for a day or two next weekend. Hopefully I can figure out some sort of four inch-inlet muffling system by then, as it's just TOO LOUD right now for street use. If you don't believe me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGz7yP7DsTU

It is weather dependant though because I do not have snow tires for the NSX. But if there is no snow, I'd like to come :)

Perhaps WOODY and I will have a little show-down? I predict that I will be having traction problems above 100mph though :biggrin:

Tinker219 said:
Is there any room for a REALLY LOUD NSX? I would like to get out of the shop for a day or two next weekend. Hopefully I can figure out some sort of four inch-inlet muffling system by then, as it's just TOO LOUD right now for street use. If you don't believe me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGz7yP7DsTU

It is weather dependant though because I do not have snow tires for the NSX. But if there is no snow, I'd like to come :)

Perhaps WOODY and I will have a little show-down? I predict that I will be having traction problems above 100mph though :biggrin:

All are Welcome; bringing your NSX is not required but would be appreciated depending on weather. This group has developed this habit of getting together and we don't intend ot stop because the weather has gone BAD. I would love to hear your NSX and hear about rear wheel spin problems above 100MPH first hand. :eek: :biggrin:

All right, final tuning occurs tomorrow; assuming everything goes well, count me in!

I am not so sure I want to drive for 6 hours straight in a 4" straight-piped NSX either, so I'll have to think about it........ok, it's a go :wink:

codynsx42r%20020.jpg

*note, picture was taken before the install was 100% complete.

I have some chains you can borrow! Also, does the exhaust propulsion through the 4" pipe out the back provide an added level of acceleration? If it is just a highway cruise can't you stuff steel wool in the pipe to quiet her down for a few hours before it burns off ? (worked for repair tickets in high school!) I intend to be in GR next Sunday, Maybe we can hook up for the drive down. Do we have a time nailed down yet?

WOODY,

Meeting you in GR for the cruise down is exactly what I had in mind!

For meeting times, hopefully we don't start too early. Although I won't really mind either way, it'll just be nice to be behind the wheel again, even if the Star Wars "warp speed" snow-flake effect is going on.

As far as chains go; after I rip them loose at XXXMPH, I think they would end up being very complementary to my white-hot turbo manifolds :biggrin:

For the exhaust, I have been studying several different possibilities. The most appealing setup for noise control would be a twin-canister, twin-loop setup; but I am not quite sure I can fit everything under there. Once we finish tuning and everything settles down a bit (for example, my excitement), I will figure this out. Hopefully I find a solution by the end of we week, otherwise, riders, please bring earplugs :redface:

This is starting to get me excited; 2 of the fastest turbo NSXs in the mid west out for a winters drive.:eek:

Cody has a long drive down from Michigan; I suggest we meet in the 2-3 range to allow him adequate driving time each way.

Brandon would this time work for you also?

It appears from the responses that Sunday the 10th would be the better day.

Who has any objections to the suggested starting time, 2 to 3 PM or the date, Dec 10th?

The chance that 2 turbos will be there is giving me heart palpitations! This is going to be way cool!

I vote for 2:00PM the 10th.

Randy, I'll just try to make sure I'm ahead of you at Gingerman!:tongue: Can't wait to get a ride.

You dont know where the chicken basket is? The only topless chicken joint in the burbs?

It sound like 2pm, Sunday December 10th is a lock.

Where: Del Ray's Chicken Basket in Willowbrook, IL.

Directions:

Del Ray's is located along the frontage road north of RT 55.

Exit RT 55 to 83 north [Kingery] to the 1st light, turn right onto the frontage road [almost a 180], you will pass in front of a Denny's and a Holiday Inn. Follow the road as it curves back to the east until you come to a Stop Sign [Irish Pub will be on your right]. Make a left turn and Del Ray's will be on your right approximately 1/2 a block from the turn.

Hopefully, Mother Nature plays along. Hey, if it can be 60 degrees one weekend, 20 degrees the next... who knows what it will be next weekend!

I can't wait to see the turbos again. Coolness!

It's Dell Rhea's Chicken Basket Cocktail Lounge, and I'm doing everything I can to make it. I'm a network engineer and unfortunately the circuits have to remain up/up 24/7 and I work Sundays. :frown: I'll see if I can switch with another guy and work Saturday. What an opportunity, meet the Chicago crew and see Two of the strongest cars around. I dont want to miss this. We'll see.

another new guy here....

i might show if its before 5pm, i work at a bar downtown and to be there by 7 :(

looking forward to meet you guys :cool:

nsxtasy said:
Never heard of it...

I must have missed something last time I was there; although Woody's car is sooo fast, maybe he jumping back in time to a by gone era.:eek: :wink:

Del Rea's Chicken Basket is a throw back to the late 50's early 60's when it was located on the then Route 66. A family place with a fireplace, a bar, great fried chicken and more.

Bob Kenney said:
This is starting to get me excited; 2 of the fastest turbo NSXs in the mid west out for a winters drive.:eek:

Cody has a long drive down from Michigan; I suggest we meet in the 2-3 range to allow him adequate driving time each way.

Brandon would this time work for you also?

It appears from the responses that Sunday the 10th would be the better day.

Who has any objections to the suggested starting time, 2 to 3 PM or the date, Dec 10th?

weather permitting I'm in and yes the time sounds good. Now where the hell is this meeting place?

btcog82 said:
weather permitting I'm in and yes the time sounds good. Now where the hell is this meeting place?

Brandon, glad that you are on-board. I will PM you with exact location and directions. My cell if you need to talk it through is: 773-559-8094.

Chiming in!! Thanks for the PM Frank, haven't logged on in awhile. I can make it on Sunday as well. NSX hasn't been out in awhile since I don't drive to work anymore as of last weekend. Sounds like a good turnout! Forecast call for near 40° with sun. :smile:

Back