Chasis Bar Installed!!!

which chassis bar is this? are you talking about the NSX-R chassis brace?

I did the front...one at the radiator and the other under the battery tray. i guess some people called it nsx-r bar. I love it much better. the car is more solid around corners....i tested it on Palomar Mtn.

PoohBEAR,

Did the chassis bar installation really make that much difference? Under what driving conditions?

Thanks

I did the front...one at the radiator and the other under the battery tray. i guess some people called it nsx-r bar. I love it much better. the car is more solid around corners....i tested it on Palomar Mtn.
Welcome to the party. It makes huge difference in the front end handling~~~!!!! Add the Type R Front Sway bar, you'll be driving a different car.

i put mine in a couple weeks ago. HUGE difference (even on my coupe). if you can spare a couple hundred bucks, you have absolutely no reason not to have these on your car :biggrin:

looks like i got a new "TO DO" mod list :tongue:

Oh man.... I can't wait to get these things on my car!!!
Good review
icon14.gif

Did the install two days ago but will be able to drive it next spring. Hurry up with these Type-R-parts as I don't think they'll be available that long.

I had these bars on my previous NSX, they made a big difference to me, made things much more direct.
//Kye

I agree, these added to the sway bars makes the car feel like it's on rails.

Are these the bars in question:

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produ...Honda/NSX-R_chassis_reinforcement/default.asp

Is SOS the best place to get or is there a better deal somewhere else? Is it a good idea to also do the rear chassis bar or does just doing the front make a huge difference?

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produ...Honda/NSX-R_chassis_reinforcement/default.asp

Note that we have developed custom side brackets for the NSX-R bars. With these, you no longer need to cut the tie-down hooks or remove one to install the bar. The material and design is OEM quality. The difference is that they actually fit a US car correctly.

Please note that there are only two NSX-R chassis bars. Both are located at the front of the car. There is the front top bar which is located in front of the radiator and a "front lower" bar which is right on top of the battery tray.

Cheers,
-- Chris

front top bar:
newfrontkit_450.jpg

front lower bar:
lowerside_450.jpg

I installed the SOS bars this past weekend. It took 4 hours taking my time, using the usual tools and a 10" ratchet extension bar. No problems except several broken fender pushpins and rather dirty hands. Any differences when I drive? Yeah, I guess. It feels less squishy. But it really didn't feel all that squishy to begin with. I'd feel less satisfied if I had had to pay someone $80/hr to do the install. Since I didn't...I'd say that it's a couple of hundred bucks well-spent.

This looks like a pretty serious installation, though;
front.jpg

Is all that necesary to be taken off, or is it just for the benefit of the photo?

Ramon did it less than 30mins from the moment we put it on his rack..............so it is not hard. just come up from the bottom in such away to install it infront of the radiator.

This looks like a pretty serious installation, though;
front.jpg

Is all that necesary to be taken off, or is it just for the benefit of the photo?

Is all that necesary to be taken off, or is it just for the benefit of the photo?[/QUOTE]

Yeah. That's pretty much it. I left the bottom portion of the shroud in place and trimmed it by eye-balling where the bar would lie. Used a pair of trauma shears. When I got to that point, mind you, things weren't nearly as tidy as in the photo. And yes, it's a little unnerving. Take your time. Look at the diagrams which are included when you buy the bars. Once all of the nuts and bolts are removed (and there's a bunch) the bumper literally lifts off. It's slick as can be.
Uecker

PoohBear ... Ramon did not need to take the bumper off?
Is he here on Prime?
I'd like to be sure they can be installed from up underneath that easily ... Science of Speed doesn't think so.

10Blade ... you DID remove the bumper?
And why did you cut something ... I thought the new kits did not require any cutting?

PoohBear ... Ramon did not need to take the bumper off?
Is he here on Prime?
I'd like to be sure they can be installed from up underneath that easily ... Science of Speed doesn't think so.

10Blade ... you DID remove the bumper?
And why did you cut something ... I thought the new kits did not require any cutting?
It does go in from the bottom without bumper removal. Ramon's member name is RQNSX.

Damn it, I never had them installed under the impression of needing front bumper removed... (Which i did once, and swear not to touch that bumper in my life again ;) )

ok, guess it's time for me to send money to SOS again.

Back