Cars and Coffee controversy ?

I had long long reply to submit over at the C&C thread. There's one guy who's very vocal on that; really just gets under your skin with all the negativity. Didn't want to get into a pissing match for an event I don't regularly go to so I just ignore them. That C&C website has no real affiliation to the people who allow us to have the show anyway. Overall, I agree with a lot of the rebuttals against the new rules and agree with the "gee.. it's too bad it's come to this.." sentiment.

At least Ramon and Matt can come with their Chevelles. Rep it up for us guys!!!
And me! Ramon and I had a lot to talk about.

The main issue here is the divide between new car enthusiasts, and crusty old (pre-1978) enthusiasts.
Last I checked, I wasn't crusty or old... not yet at least. :wink:

all we have to do is organize a vato meet for the homies and things should go back to normal quick.. Their cars are "pre-78" hehe.

64impala.jpg

odelay! I know some guys that got released early for good behavior.

At least Ramon and Matt can come with their Chevelles. Rep it up for us guys!!!

Here is a couple of shots of Ramon's ride from the Cars and Coffee meet. I suggested a practical joke for those around him to do something to this car. Nothing harmful, but we shall see if things get remembered hehe. :tongue:

NSX-CarsCoffee013109096.jpg

NSX-CarsCoffee013109099.jpg

Ramon always takes good care of his cars. He also takes care of ours. Special thanks go out to him and Tom.

Well, I hope that this controversy can be resolved somehow.....The Irvine C & C has appeal for me because it's freeway close, not only has coffee and snacks, but also a full breakfast and restrooms availible if you're willing to do some extra walking....I will state that I was disapointed to be waiting to pull into the main lot at 6:20 A.M., only to be directed to park in the "NSX side lot" ---A place I could have parked had I slept in and arrived at 9:00 A.M. :mad: I feel that C and C should always have the sportscar/exotic theme to it..Threre's tons of American muscle meets at different places every weekend. This last time I saw a 60's Mustang fastback park uncomfortably close to the Lambo Murci Versace edition.....So close that the Lambo owner was checking for door dings.....

Maybe there can be a transition of newer cars going in at 9 am til 11 or 12 pm.
Cuz its a ghost town by 9:30 or so.
I for one will be going more often if its 9 am or later.

I don't think anyone should blame the S2000 community for anything. They are actually very supportive of the NSX community and share the same enthusiasm. I think of them like my lil bros and sisters. They wanted to come out because we were having a get together and wanted to see NSX's and other cars.

It's pretty lame for Cars and Coffee to hate on this or anyone to talk trash about it. What if it was a bunch of dodge neons, mustangs, corvettes, evos, 350z's there? Would they have the same reaction?

Now if you see the same group of cars in big groups taking up most of the space every weekend then yes, the amount of the same cars should be limited, but not completely restricted. Its not like you will see that many NSX's or S2000's at CC every weekend. It was just for that one weekend, so freaking whoopee. :rolleyes:

I had a good time at the meet and I didn't see a problem with the S2000 crowd being there. Hopefully the meet won't turn out to be messed up. I don't go it to at all really, but at the same time I don't want it ruined for other people who just want to share cars with eachother.

E

We use to have this same problem at our Amish Buggies & Coffee meets. Jedidiah and all his friends brought their daily driven buggies. Then they had the nerve to crank up Tupac on their fancy modern music machines. We asked them repeatedly to leave and they refused. So we shunned them. :tongue:

1215513802039037642S600x600Q85.jpg

1209763230039037642S600x600Q85.jpg

Last edited:
We use to have this same problem at our Amish Buggies & Coffee meets. Jedidiah and all his friends brought their daily driven buggies. Then they had the nerve to crank up Tupac on their fancy modern music machines. We asked them repeatedly to leave and they refused. So we shunned them. :tongue:

1215513802039037642S600x600Q85.jpg

1209763230039037642S600x600Q85.jpg

You Too!!

All we have to do is organize a vato meet for the homies and things should go back to normal quick.. Their cars are "pre-78" hehe.

64impala.jpg

I have talk to some of the guys with cars like this and they are just like every other car guy. Why would they be a problem? Cause they are Vato's?

I have talk to some of the guys with cars like this and they are just like every other car guy. Why would they be a problem? Cause they are Vato's?

I think that his point was that if they're complaining that too many of one kind of car is bad, then if a big group of pre-'78 low riders showed up, it would get as old almost as quickly as a big group of any other car. I say almost because there's probably more variety available. Now, a big group of '64 Chevy low riders wouldn't take as long to become old. :D

Just so no one thinks that I have anything against low riders, my '59 Chevy isn't a "lowrider", but rides low. :D

59extsmall.jpg

The issue is really less about the type of car, but really the size of the groups that attend. Unfortunately, their knee-jerk reaction was to limit the types of cars in order to limit the size of the group. Fortunately, the pre-'78 rule no longer stands.

Last edited:
Graeme,
Last year at the Dub Show i saw a 59-60 impalas. I like the older Impalas 59-60 than the late 60's-early 70's.
They was super cherry and restored really well.
I would say your car is also looking cherry.
I never new you had one of those!
Great car!

Thanks, Garrie.

Yeah, I haven't really taken it out in a long while. You don't see too many 4-door '59 Chevys at shows as most of the '59s you see at shows would be 2-door versions as they're more desirable. That being so, it probably makes the 4-door version (at least one that's been restored) pretty rare. :D

One of these days I might bring it down to C&C or something.
ramone_060906.gif

Graeme,
Last year at the Dub Show i saw a 59-60 impalas. I like the older Impalas 59-60 than the late 60's-early 70's.
They was super cherry and restored really well.
I would say your car is also looking cherry.
I never new you had one of those!
Great car!

I guess you're not getting the joke. If they're getting their panties in a bunch over too many S2000's, think of how they would react to 3 wheel motions and pancakes through the parking lot. And I do know people with cars like this too..

I don't think anyone should blame the S2000 community for anything. They are actually very supportive of the NSX community and share the same enthusiasm. I think of them like my lil bros and sisters. They wanted to come out because we were having a get together and wanted to see NSX's and other cars.

It's pretty lame for Cars and Coffee to hate on this or anyone to talk trash about it. What if it was a bunch of dodge neons, mustangs, corvettes, evos, 350z's there? Would they have the same reaction?

Now if you see the same group of cars in big groups taking up most of the space every weekend then yes, the amount of the same cars should be limited, but not completely restricted. Its not like you will see that many NSX's or S2000's at CC every weekend. It was just for that one weekend, so freaking whoopee. :rolleyes:

I had a good time at the meet and I didn't see a problem with the S2000 crowd being there. Hopefully the meet won't turn out to be messed up. I don't go it to at all really, but at the same time I don't want it ruined for other people who just want to share cars with eachother.

E

Hey Ed !!! What's up ? Anyway, I wanted to post my final thoughts on what happened.....First off, I consider S2k's to be NSX cousins, so there's no animosity towards the cars or the drivers. The fact is is that this was an invitation for NSXers to attend because special permission had been obtained to use the "Corral" as an NSX only showing area, and that once that area was filled up, there would still be "reserved" NSX parking in the main show lot. Well, I was in line shortly after 6 A.M. because I wanted a Corral spot....As I got closer, I could see that the Corral was already filled, so I thought that I would just park in the main show lot. Instead, I was directed to park in a side,spectator lot w/ other NSXs. Whatever. But as I was walking around that morning, I noticed all the S2K's parked all over the main show lot. My question is why were the S2Ks allowed to park in the main lot, but the NSXs were singled out to be parked in another spot ? After all, at least it was known that there would be a large NSX showing, and I was there in line before 6:30. In other words, I didn't wake up at 5:30 just to park in a side lot (For what it's worth, I have no idea when all the S2K's arrived).

My question is why were the S2Ks allowed to park in the main lot, but the NSXs were singled out to be parked in another spot ?

we were expected to exceed the corral so their answer to that was for us to park in the side lot. The S2K's were unexpected, so they were allowed to park wherever they wanted. Granted, there may have been too many S2K's, but I'm sure they weren't keeping track because things just got too hectic.

I think the S2Ks parked at the back of the lot showed up at C&C before 5:30 in order to all get spots. I suppose at that early hour, there are no C&C "representatives" to direct where people park.

Last edited:
All we have to do is organize a vato meet for the homies and things should go back to normal quick.. Their cars are "pre-78" hehe.

64impala.jpg

Very True. Lets organize and get the entire lowrider organization down there with hot honnies in thongs and tons of hommies and lets see what the "cars and Coffee" committee will bitch about than? I'm sure they will voice what they really want through the gates.

I wonder if we can get an NSX to do some 3-Wheel motions? :wink::tongue::biggrin:

So if one particular group decides to "show up " before the worm wakes up:rolleyes: and said group knows the realestate is limited,whos fault is that:confused: whenever you have a all inclusive car meet at a regular venue it should be up to the indidviduals and the same make car owners to play nice in the sandbox.If one group decides to bum rush in great numbers I would not lay blame on the organizers.

I don't think blame was put on the organizers. It's more of their poor knee-jerk reaction to a situation which happens once every blue moon. By saying that they will limit the cars to 1978 and older, I'd expect a small turnout compared to past C&C. On their threads, it's happened in the past with other cars "barging in" i.e. Boss Mustang Crew, and the BMW crew. Why can't the organizers just say, "Man, this weekend was terrible. Better luck next week." This issue only came up because there was a marque event coming out and our cousins didn't want to be left out. It's a public event. My suggestion would be to limit marque events to no more than 20-30 cars. I think that if we only had 30 cars out, then less s2k's would have been there. But since there were 70+ signed up, it was hyped up over at s2ki which resulted in 40+ attending... But enough with this controversy talk, anyone down for thai food/korean bbq and hookah??? DON'T HATE!!!

Hey Ed !!! What's up ? Anyway, I wanted to post my final thoughts on what happened.....First off, I consider S2k's to be NSX cousins, so there's no animosity towards the cars or the drivers. The fact is is that this was an invitation for NSXers to attend because special permission had been obtained to use the "Corral" as an NSX only showing area, and that once that area was filled up, there would still be "reserved" NSX parking in the main show lot. Well, I was in line shortly after 6 A.M. because I wanted a Corral spot....As I got closer, I could see that the Corral was already filled, so I thought that I would just park in the main show lot. Instead, I was directed to park in a side,spectator lot w/ other NSXs. Whatever. But as I was walking around that morning, I noticed all the S2K's parked all over the main show lot. My question is why were the S2Ks allowed to park in the main lot, but the NSXs were singled out to be parked in another spot ? After all, at least it was known that there would be a large NSX showing, and I was there in line before 6:30. In other words, I didn't wake up at 5:30 just to park in a side lot (For what it's worth, I have no idea when all the S2K's arrived).

wassup mike man!, i was not directing anything at you bud.....my statement was at the people who run the show that were complaining.......i do agree there were a bunch of s2000's there and maybe some of the stock ones should have parked in the spectator lot or the side lot.

To me the cars and coffee gathering should be of cars that you do not get to see every day......exotics, classic and rare collectible cars, but at the same time I am not hating on fixed up imports or domestics. For me I go there to see the exotics personally.......I think the side lot would be good for the non-exotics/classics, so there is a place for everyone.
Thats just how I would do it, but hey its not my show. :smile:

I miss the crystal cove days....now that was awesome!

Back