• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Carbon Fiber triangle brace?

Has anyone thought of making a triangle brace for both coupe and NSX-T?

Something similar to this to give the engine bay a little more show.

28850_800.jpg

Beef up version of this in carbon fiber:

IMG_5896.JPG

Dude that CF air intake is friggin huge! Sweet, but huge:eek:

Dude that CF air intake is friggin huge! Sweet, but huge:eek:

That's Carbon Kevlar man! get your Carbons straight.... you are embarassing the forum with your lack of knowledge. :biggrin:

Jason whats' wrong with the Comptech bar? I think its awesome. Problem with CF is that from a distance it just looks like black paint.

i carbon targa brace, LIKE the murcielago roadster versions would be sweet... i'd be so down for one :eek:

with the strut bar going upward and around like that near the firewall, it looks like it woulnd't serve and structural purpose... except the BLING as you said :biggrin:

haha funny i asked the same thing last week but no reply
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84261
i guess i should have posted it here at the vendors forum instead :tongue:

yeah it would be sweet if they have them avail also at reasonable price.
I hope Procar wont be the only one who will produce it. :biggrin:

does someone make or sell a CF "A" frame for the NSX-T engine bay?:smile:

something similar to the lambo.
attachment.php

Jason whats' wrong with the Comptech bar? I think its awesome. Problem with CF is that from a distance it just looks like black paint.
Dave,
There is nothing wrong with Comptech triangle brace other than that I don't have one:frown: and it is not available for coupes.

152-003.jpg

My engine bay is just looks too boring. Although I am retired from modding. I still dream of Mugen intake and triangle brace in carbon fiber. These two items alone will completely elevate the look of the engine bay. If someone make one I am going to buy it. Sadly doesn't seen like that will happen. I just checked my engine bay, there is really no where to mount even the oem NSX-T triangle brace without custom work.

That's Carbon Kevlar man! get your Carbons straight.... you are embarassing the forum with your lack of knowledge. :biggrin:

I've been chastised and must be purged..LOL I will now consult you before I buy anything else:wink:

Me too:biggrin: Im enrolled for MA:biggrin:

Yeah that was the funniest part of Jason's post. "I am retired from modding"... haaaaaaaa hahahahaha

Listen up boy... you don't retire until we tell you to retire. Capiche?!!

Can you stand this upright and have a girl twirl around it if you are in a pinch? :biggrin:

You see a brace and think of pole dancers?
Issues brother.....you've got issues

just a brother trying to make his chedda to fund his NEW carbon pole strut bar upgrade~!!!!:tongue:

I just made a straight brace out of carbon fiber.But after looking at some of these pics. I think I might start working on a triangular design.I should be getting some more materials soon I will keep you posted.

Has anyone thought of making a triangle brace for both coupe and NSX-T?

Something similar to this to give the engine bay a little more show.

28850_800.jpg

I would be interested in this in the material / color combo as shown in this Lambo photo.

Last edited:
I spoke to Procar about this but was advised theres not enough interest to warrant the investment in producing one ... I guess there is one way of changing this position ... :smile:

1. Senninha
2. ?
3. ?

regards, Paul

I actually have this brace on my list of parts to make. I was experimenting with carbon sleeves and unidirectional materials combined with nomex honeycomb or thermoplastic core. The strength is incredible. Now just need to make the mould :rolleyes: I also have a mould to replace the factory front underbody support (battery sits on). Only knocked of a couple pounds from the factory one but it can be made with a skid pan together as one piece.

DSCF1110sm.jpg

Thats great !!! this is one of the projects we are working on right now @ DOWN FORCE I am just trying to figure out what the minimum cost for us would be
I am having my friends at @ http://swiftengineering.com and http://hitco.com
do some engineering design for structural stress. if we make this it has to be as strong or stronger than the stock brace. Looks are always second to structure ..
But, this is a project that will take a while once we get closer to some end results I will post possible cost to see if the price is reasonable for nsx customers.. thanks guys :biggrin:

Thats great !!! this is one of the projects we are working on right now @ DOWN FORCE I am just trying to figure out what the minimum cost for us would be
do some engineering design for structural stress. if we make this it has to be as strong or stronger than the stock brace. Looks are always second to structure .. But, this is a project that will take a while once we get closer to some end results I will post possible cost to see if the price is reasonable for nsx customers.. thanks guys :biggrin:

Hi Sam,

Good to see this hasn't been forgotten. I appreciate the comments highlighted regarding the products integrity and concur, but would suggest that as most decerning NSX owners are also interested in the look of additional/replacement components, that the nearer you can get to the photo's above for the Lambo piece, for both colour and style, the more interest you will recieve IMO. As a personal preference I would wish to see the CF with a clear coat rather than the usual DF tinted finish.

Keep us posted!

regards, Paul

do some engineering design for structural stress. if we make this it has to be as strong or stronger than the stock brace. Looks are always second to structure ..
But, this is a project that will take a while once we get closer to some end results I will post possible cost to see if the price is reasonable for nsx customers.. thanks guys :biggrin:

awesome, that's why i didn't say anything to begin with..... i wasn't sure if people were thinking about just putting some random "structural" parts on their car without any strength analysis.
i would definitely be interested. theoretically, it should be way stronger/stiffer. do it up!! :cool: (it might be a good idea to look at the bicycle companies that use CF tubing in their frames?)

Back