• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Carbon fiber air box cover groupbuy

FEDEX says I should receive the cover tomorrow - woohoo! :)

rick

LUCKY .. since I am in FL ... mine is arriving in the end of this week ... Rick you lucky H^%&&^** hahha

Still havent gotten payment info, not all items done yet?

I think he is going by order on deposit + payment .. no worries, I am sure yours it's almost done etc

Oscar

thanks bud, got my CF cover, looks AWESOME! :)

Guess I'm going to sign off this thread now unless you guys want to see a final installed picture. Time to get rid of my HKS filter...haha

rick

Rick!!! Pics fucker pics!!! How u just gonna tell us you got it and bounce!!!!!!!!???? lol

Dammit i cant wait for mine...

Got today, installation was easy with no dramas -THANK GOD- tomorrow pics with the real sunlight .... but I know some of you want to see how it looks .... so here are some pics

DSC03627.jpg

DSC03628.jpg

DSC03629.jpg

Oscar

Looks great, but please cover that milk jug with some cf too! :biggrin::wink:

HAHAHA so true .... I think i'll buy that Dali Black cover, LOVE THE MILK JAR name hahaha now I am RUINED ... i can NEVER look @ that atrocity again ... arghhh hahaaha thanks for adding me a headache ....

Oscar

Guys, I have a fitment issue so wanted to ask:

My car is a 2004 NSX and after installing the CF cover, it seems the OEM engine cover is hitting the CF cover top!!! :mad: My engine cover is about 1/4" from the rubber stopper so thus it won't allow the glass engine cover to close???

Is this CF intake cover meant only for pre 2001 NSX? Or NSX's that do not use the OEM engine cover? I triple checked my install and it's really a no brainer replacement. Yes the CF intake cover seats perfectly but no matter what I do the oem engine cover will hit the intake. This can't be right!

Also what size screws are used to hold the intake cover in place? I want to get some nice SS hardware once I take care of this fitment issue......

rick

Rick, toss that engine cover, that unit weights like 35lb's .... if you have tinted Hatch you're fine, I have my hatch tinted with the darkest of the colors and in SUNNY Florida, never had any issues as far as sun damage, and that is me, and I believe I take my NSX out @ least 3 times a week ... ... but keep that engine cover b/c is useful for ling trips so you can put the TTop there instead the trunk (like I do)

Oscar

My car is a 2004 NSX and after installing the CF cover, it seems the OEM engine cover is hitting the CF cover top!!! :mad: My engine cover is about 1/4" from the rubber stopper so thus it won't allow the glass engine cover to close??? rick

Rick, toss that engine cover, that unit weights like 35lb's .... if you have tinted Hatch you're fine, I have my hatch tinted with the darkest of the colors and in SUNNY Florida, never had any issues as far as sun damage, and that is me, and I believe I take my NSX out @ least 3 times a week ... ... but keep that engine cover b/c is useful for ling trips so you can put the TTop there instead the trunk (like I do)

Oscar

Oscar, I like my oem engine cover and the ability to store my t-top anytime! Anyways that's beside the point, isn't this CF intake piece same size as OEM??? :eek:

Rick, hit me up and you can try mine to see if it works.

My car is a 2004 NSX and after installing the CF cover, it seems the OEM engine cover is hitting the CF cover top!!! :mad: My engine cover is about 1/4" from the rubber stopper so thus it won't allow the glass engine cover to close???

Is this CF intake cover meant only for pre 2001 NSX? Or NSX's that do not use the OEM engine cover? I triple checked my install and it's really a no brainer replacement. Yes the CF intake cover seats perfectly but no matter what I do the oem engine cover will hit the intake. This can't be right!

Also what size screws are used to hold the intake cover in place? I want to get some nice SS hardware once I take care of this fitment issue......

rick

hope this helps:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118565

I'll let you know how mine fits... but I'm running the comptech cover with the SC, so it may not matter.

I believe there is a slight profile difference however, so we may be SOL.

Back