Car on lift, please help fast

Dave, I hate to see you damage the fenders (in addition to the liners). Just raise your NSX by at least 1" for your first track trial with this set-up and also stiffen your dampers otherwise on compression you will be crying .......

Dave, I hate to see you damage the fenders (in addition to the liners). Just raise your NSX by at least 1" for your first track trial with this set-up and also stiffen your dampers otherwise on compression you will be crying .......
There goes his alignment :(

...but I totally agree with you.

That.. or just get a rental car and leave the NSX at home :)

Damn if I raise the car the alignment goes out? Crap.

Say bye bye to those liners and maybe fenders :(

Was your alignment guy experienced with the NSX? I mentioned before it requires some fiddling and if not done in a particular order you won't get the 3degs. With the bushings you should have gotten more I think.

Move to Cali. More guys know how to work on the NSX here :) :) :) or just buy that Ford GT!

You know how to get a hold of me if you want to discuss the DF fenders. DF is always sensitive about what's posted online.

btw.. you have very nice nails Dave.

You can raise it about 1/2" and it has minimal effect on alignment. I know because after raising it, I took it in for an alignment and it changed minimally. Unfortunately, the idiot didn't tell me and realigned it to the specs I gave him and charged me. :( The before and after specs were on the sheet and it was so minimal that I felt I got hosed. Had he come out and told me, I would have told him to just leave it - close enough.

Last edited:
can you take a pick of those front tires at more of an angle so we can see how far the edge sticks out?

When is your track day?

I have this same set-up with -3.2 deg. same wheels, same tires, w/KWV3 and similar ride height.

There is no question that if you don't remove or trim your liners and roll your fenders you are going to destroy those tires, liners and fenders - full stop.

.......he may not....he has triple adjustable comps with 1000lb front springs.

You can raise it about 1/2" and it has minimal effect on alignment. I know because after raising it, I took it in for an alignment and it changed minimally. Unfortunately, the idiot didn't tell me and realigned it to the specs I gave him and charged me. :( The before and after specs were on the sheet and it was so minimal that I felt I got hosed. Had he come out and told me, I would have told him to just leave it - close enough.

Yep. The change will be marginal. Still better safe even with 1" raise. Lower if there is no rub than damage first then ask why ......

same as me then, those alignment settings i sent you were mint at the track yes more neg up front would be nice but you still got more than me and you have stickier tyres
What is your height to the front jack point under the car? in mm's not that stoneage inch stuff

Last edited:
.......he may not....he has triple adjustable comps with 1000lb front springs.
^^ This.. but I realized he's not running a bigger sway bar IIRC so I don't know...

He could always go to the 1/4 track. He won't have any rubbing issues there :)

Man, I hope Dave has a way to salvage his track day. I say raise the car. Screw the alignment. Have FUN.

I agree.....

Dave,

If you don't show us a video like this come Monday we will all be very disappointed

This guy rocks!
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/UvaKFV43iY8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

- - - Updated - - -

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/V4AZc9C8oAM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I raised the car a little. 2 fingers. Removed the fender linkers except the ones in front of the condenser fan. Haven't had any rubbing so far.

RYU I have a type R front bar Zanardi (OEM 04-05) rear. Car still seems to be setup well. I can feel it. If the alignment is off its not by much. It feels extremely tight and stable. Better than ever.

Sounds good Dave,

Remember to hit the inner fenders with undercoating and pay close attention to the lip on the leading edge of your fenders. If that lip is rubbing on your tires it could slice them up like a knife and may even catch on them and ruin your day.

Sounds good Dave,

Remember to hit the inner fenders with undercoating and pay close attention to the lip on the leading edge of your fenders. If that lip is rubbing on your tires it could slice them up like a knife and may even catch on them and ruin your day.

Oh Jesus!! LOL you just now throw this out there? :eek:

So Rob where exactly are you talking about I bent some of the tabs back a little with my thumb.

We have been advising/warning you to roll your fenders from the beginning.

Bend the fender lip inward especially towards the top of the fender.

Then hit the inner fender well with 3M undercoating spray.

Then go kick some Maranello Ass! :cool:

Dave - you will know when the very top of the fender arc rubs the tire as you will hear it and feel it in the steering. The moment that happens - most likely on off camber compression, ease up, return to the paddock and raise your suspension a bit more.

If you don't have time to roll the inside edge of the fender, I recommend you put at least an 8" heavy duty duct tape at the arc and turn half of the tape inward to cover the inside edge. Gorilla tape in black is my recommendation for pimping on the track LOL!

Ok I am not rubbing at all so far, but will pickup some black gorilla duct tape and take with me. Thanks guys.

So I still couldn't get more than -2.6 front. He said it was maxed. Even with my bushing kit. $440 for the part, $75 to press in, $435 for install, that was a quick GRAND for one more degree of negative camber up front. Car feels great though. I am at 2.6 front, 2.3 rear. 0.4 degree toe out front each side (.8 total) and 1.35 or so toe in each side, 2.7 total. Caster is 9.4 and 9.6. They ran out of time, I can't go back before my track event, I will have to run like this. This is what I have for clearance:

That is strange.. I have the same set and how we put in the bushings we can't even get less than 3.0 and if we lower the car more camber will even increase. Are you sure they installed the bushings the right way? The hole on the upper ones need to be on the inside and the hole on the lower ones need to be on the outside.

That is strange.. I have the same set and how we put in the bushings we can't even get less than 3.0 and if we lower the car more camber will even increase. Are you sure they installed the bushings the right way? The hole on the upper ones need to be on the inside and the hole on the lower ones need to be on the outside.
I was thinking the same thing Dimer. The concentric bushings must be offset the wrong way (or at least one of them...)

Back