Car and Driver is looking for an early NSX

Looks like the NSX won as it had five stars in both curb appeal and fun to drive while only one dollar sign in operating costs.

Go Honda:biggrin:

only one dollar sign in operating costs.

I don't think 1 star is a good thing. It indicates it is expensive to operate which is true but a replacement engine? That's extremely rare. The article says that the group would have picked the M3 so I wouldn't call it an NSX victory either. I think the NSX represented well but the article is going to hurt NSX prices because now the whole world is going to think they can get one for $25k.

I'm glad they didn't pick me. I'd be seriously pissed if they used my car and used that title.

:frown:

The most fun you can have for $25K. I think they were a little loose as far as what is available for that price REAL WORLD.
They may have looked for data to back up that price point so they could include the NSX (bent the rules a little).

BTW, what month was this article in print? I'd like to pick up a copy.

Last edited:
I think the NSX represented well but the article is going to hurt NSX prices because now the whole world is going to think they can get one for $25k.

:frown:

Don't they already:biggrin:

Don't they already:biggrin:

Indeed. Whenever used NSXs are brought up in the GDD section on Honda-Tech, the 25k quotes come out of everyone's posterior. And no amount of reasonable advice seems to stem their 25k resolve. :rolleyes:

Meh, Car & Driver. I like Road & Track better anyway. :wink:

Car and Driver, Meh.

Meh, Car & Driver. I like Road & Track better anyway. :wink:

iagree.gif

Could have been worse.
The "write a review" section is very comical though.

The age and number of track miles are a real testament to the NSX in this comparison.
For a real comparison we should re-visit the BMW & Corvette in 15 years with the same amount of track miles.
LOL LOL

Maybe they should call themselves
"Car and Truck Driver"?

Many of the cars tested sell for well under $25k, and others over. At the 20 year mark Kelly blue book goes up on "certain" cars as they use actual selling price rather than a standard depreciation schedule.. Were almost there.
Was pondering selling my 94 to help fund an investment, but if I ever had to go below 35k, I would just keep it. Its just worth that much or more to me when compared to other cars in that price range. It stands alone IMO.
Also of all the cars listed the NSX is the only one poised to become truly collectable. Again, just my opinion.

I do feel bad for owners trying to sell right after the article comes out.

NSX buyer: "But Car and Driver said" bla bla bla so your the one out of touch, not me. Good luck selling your car!

NSX seller: "maybe you should buy a 2001 Vette, or a Dodge Truck" instead?

Good day.........

Could have been worse.
The "write a review" section is very comical though.

The age and number of track miles are a real testament to the NSX in this comparison.
For a real comparison we should re-visit the BMW & Corvette in 15 years with the same amount of track miles.
LOL LOL

Maybe they should call themselves
"Car and Truck Driver"?

Many of the cars tested sell for well under $25k, and others over. At the 20 year mark Kelly blue book goes up on "certain" cars as they use actual selling price rather than a standard depreciation schedule.. Were almost there.
Was pondering selling my 94 to help fund an investment, but if I ever had to go below 35k, I would just keep it. Its just worth that much or more to me when compared to other cars in that price range. It stands alone IMO.
Also of all the cars listed the NSX is the only one poised to become truly collectable. Again, just my opinion.

I do feel bad for owners trying to sell right after the article comes out.

NSX buyer: "But Car and Driver said" bla bla bla so your the one out of touch, not me. Good luck selling your car!

NSX seller: "maybe you should buy a 2001 Vette, or a Dodge Truck" instead?

Good day.........

LOL No offense to my S2K brethren but I'm pretty sure they'll be the first wave to attack Sans article ..

I can see it now

S2K Owner " Dude I'll trade you flat out my 2005 S2K for your 91-93 and you won't even have to give me any cash difference!

NSX "Say what"

S2K Owner " Dude I'm trying to help you out! Help me help you to help you

ROFLMAO

Last edited:
Back