Car and Driver is looking for an early NSX

Perry, your tailor called, said your new track outfit is ready:

rm-1.jpg

When company is over the kids always act up. It's not this bad all the time. Seriously.

Turbo2go at the CENTRUM Silverrock dance off.

leisure_seniors.jpg

He came in second becuase he had a "senior" moment. Thank God for depends:biggrin:

Hi, Mine is Sebring silver with only 79,000 miles. Only mods are 97+ header, flowmaster exhaust, Gruppe M air intake with carbon fiber intake horn. Modified engine cover, SSR wheels and Momo steering wheel with custom billet quick release. Koni struts and HR suspension and VIS CF type R hood. let me know if interested. No prospeed ECU yet.

Gar123:cool:

PICT0007.jpg

Yeah Ken what happened????

Oh wait he probably can't say anything until after the article posts:frown:

Yeah Ken what happened????

Oh wait he probably can't say anything until after the article posts:frown:
Oh, I'm sure they won't mind if I mention a few things, without giving away the gist of the article. They compared seven cars. They had half a dozen editors/writers/staff try each one out, with a road test on public roads outside the track, and 3-5 laps on the track itself. I rode along on them, and found that some of the drivers were accomplished racers with impressive track driving skills, while others drove decently but not at the professional level. Towards the end of the afternoon, we were able to drive around the track. We - the staff as well as the other owners - had a fun time. Everyone was very nice, and also very knowledgeable about cars - yes, you would expect that, but it was nice to hang out and chat with car experts.

Also note that there will be two venues for the article. They will have an article in print - possibly in the December issue - and they will also have an article on caranddriver.com including video clips. One of the clips will be an amusing way to show how much stuff fits in an NSX. :wink:

Oh, I'm sure they won't mind if I mention a few things, without giving away the gist of the article. They compared seven cars. They had half a dozen editors/writers/staff try each one out, with a road test on public roads outside the track, and 3-5 laps on the track itself. I rode along on them, and found that some of the drivers were accomplished racers with impressive track driving skills, while others drove decently but not at the professional level. Towards the end of the afternoon, we were able to drive around the track. We - the staff as well as the other owners - had a fun time. Everyone was very nice, and also very knowledgeable about cars - yes, you would expect that, but it was nice to hang out and chat with car experts.

Also note that there will be two venues for the article. They will have an article in print - possibly in the December issue - and they will also have an article on caranddriver.com including video clips. One of the clips will be an amusing way to show how much stuff fits in an NSX. :wink:

December awww man:frown: Oh well something to look forward to.

So you brought an extra set of rims/tires?
Yes. I drove the 150 miles from Chicago to GingerMan by way of Mid-Ohio, New Jersey, and VIR, so I had my track tires with me. Good thing, too, because I had some issues with the street tires (we think it may be due to alignment, it's going to Acura of Brookfield next week).

Yes. I drove the 150 miles from Chicago to GingerMan by way of Mid-Ohio, New Jersey, and VIR, so I had my track tires with me. Good thing, too, because I had some issues with the street tires (we think it may be due to alignment, it's going to Acura of Brookfield next week).

You did four back to back events..AWESOME!

New Jerzy!:eek: per chance did you drive the new road course at Englishtown?If so what's the verdict.

Been there, done that, 'cept now instead of large g-bags I use Tire Rack tire condoms. I also use a slew of car wash towels between the tires and anything in the interior (like seat surfaces, the glove box door, passenger door panel, rear bulkhead, etc.)

Great vid! :biggrin:

Way to Represent!
worship.gif

I wish I could afford to take time off and drive my NSX around the countryside...That would be Excellent! I am still saving up time and money for NSXPO and ALMS Laguna Seca. I guess I'll see ya there!

Last edited:
Car and Driver will have an interesting dilemma when they write this article.
On the one hand, they are known to be fond of the NSX and probably would like to write favorably about it.
Unfortunately the NSX they used had a catastrophic engine failure and now has a replacement engine. Even though such a mechanical failure is rare as we all know, if the editors/authors are fair-minded they will need to mention the engine failure in their article. If so, this could reflect negatively on our car, and would surely have to be a strong factor that might yield a poor showing/ranking against the other cars evaluated in their article.

Thanks to everyone for the help. Ken (nsxtasy) is going to come out for our event.

Dave; You couldn't have picked a better person, glad Ken has time and can shift his Acura resonsibities this week. He knows the car better then anyone on this forum and his ability to drive on a road course is unquestioned, you've got your guy. Hope you all have a good time, enjjoy! We'll look forward to DETAILED reports please, hey Ken throw us a bone!

So you brought an extra set of rims/tires?

This video is what I pictured when I asked about the tires...totally appropriate and fitting. Over the years many of us (myself included) learned from you (Ken) how to get a full set of spares in the NSX. Great video. Thanks C&D for documenting this bit of the NSX-community.

Car and Driver will have an interesting dilemma when they write this article.
On the one hand, they are known to be fond of the NSX and probably would like to write favorably about it.
Unfortunately the NSX they used had a catastrophic engine failure and now has a replacement engine. Even though such a mechanical failure is rare as we all know, if the editors/authors are fair-minded they will need to mention the engine failure in their article. If so, this could reflect negatively on our car, and would surely have to be a strong factor that might yield a poor showing/ranking against the other cars evaluated in their article.
They know about the replacement engine, which had almost identical mileage to the original at the time of replacement, and I'm sure they will put it into proper perspective in developing their evaluation. Just as they will all the other characteristics on all the vehicles used in the comparison (such as the one with mismatched, not-great tires). These are car guys, every one of them, and they will give all the cars a fair shake. No need to get your panties in a twist.

Last edited:
Back