Bride Stradia Seat Test Fitment in NA2 NSX, Good News w/ Pics!

UPDATE: 6/23/08

Ordered a Bride Stradia SPORT seat (same as the one pictured) but in RED with Carbon Kevlar backing....

Just awaitng UPS to bring it and I can do the full install since I already have the rails ready to go :)

QUESTION: For those of you with Bride seats, do you TINT your large rear window or leave it clear?

I'm thinking it would be cool to see the red BRIDE seats peeking out from the rear window but that would mean I would need to remove the tint out back. I'm thinking not much light comes in through the back anyways? Comments??

thanks
rick

You'd hardly see them Rick...tint all around in a light shade and not the inner window as this is the perfect look especially on your white NSX. Did this with my former NSX and it worked out nicely.

+1 RED Brides (on a white NSX)...already drooling! Hurry up and post those pics.

QUESTION: For those of you with Bride seats, do you TINT your large rear window or leave it clear?

I'm thinking it would be cool to see the red BRIDE seats peeking out from the rear window but that would mean I would need to remove the tint out back. I'm thinking not much light comes in through the back anyways? Comments??

I have the windows all tinted, except the partition glass of course, and I can still see the BRIDE lettering on my Low Max Gias. It is even cooler when the hatch is up and you see those letters and carbon kevlar staring back at you. These seats are so amazing on the track, and are the only seats I have owned that let me wear a helmet and still sit straight up while driving. Perfect, and beautiful. :) :cool:

I have the windows all tinted, except the partition glass of course, and I can still see the BRIDE lettering on my Low Max Gias. It is even cooler when the hatch is up and you see those letters and carbon kevlar staring back at you. These seats are so amazing on the track, and are the only seats I have owned that let me wear a helmet and still sit straight up while driving. Perfect, and beautiful. :) :cool:

Thanks for this post! I wasn't really thinking but you're right, whenever I'm at a car show, I will have my hatch popped open to show the engine and this should give a clear view of the seat backs.

I'm going to keep the hatch tinted as I can only imagine a NSX with no tint on the side windows. Actually I've been thinking about getting the front window tinted as well in a light shade (to keep the sun off the dash) A lot of lambo Gallardo owners do this for the same effect.

Having a minor "hiccup" with the seller for shipping me the Bride Kevlar Stradia sport seat so stay tuned, I'm getting a bit upset myself at this guy for wasting my time.

thanks
rick

What is the weight they look heavier then the OEM seats there replacing?

UPS just delivered a huge brown box to my office...hehehe unpacked and found a beautiful Red Bride Stradia staring at me! :biggrin::biggrin:

I'll have it weighed (just weight of the seat) and then with the rails attached so we can get a final "Install" weight.

Just holding the seat I can easily curl it in one hand so it's definitely light! The OEM seats takes both hands and quite a bit of cursing to lift carefully out of the car. My guess right now is maybe 15 lbs per seat....

Stay tuned for pics and impressions! :wink:

rick

UPDATE: 7/3/08

Boy was I wrong on the weight - I put the Bride Stradia Sport seat on a UPS approved weight scale at my office last night and it showed 26.6 lbs! :eek:

Just to be safe, I weighed it 2 more times on different scales (yes we have quite a few) and all the digital read outs confirmed 26.6 lbs. Keep in mind this is without the RAIL attached nor the seat belt buckles, etc.

Going with what slownsxt posted, the stock seats weigh 37-38 lbs so I'm guessing I'll save perhaps 6-8 lbs all said and done. It's not a drastic weight savings but not bad.

I can't say it's x2 because I'm going to be using a Bride EURO II which is a much lighter seat for the passenger side. Anyone know the weight of this model seat?

I snapped a few pics as I finished attaching the rail last night and will do the install this weekend. The Carbon Kevlar looks stunning in person and I can't wait to get this into the car. Since the inner cushions are removable, I'm considering having them redone in red suede with black stitching or maybe black suede with red stitching?

here are some shots:

IMG_2127.jpg

IMG_2128.jpg

IMG_2129.jpg

I forgot to post the pics in this thread since I know a few of you were waiting to see:

Update: July 5th, took the car for it's first spin with the new seats last night....this is the perfect driving position if you are 6'2, 175 lbs! I gained 2" of headroom but sacrificed nothing else :)

I snapped these in my garage but you can see the difference in seat height. The Bride RO rails are direct bolt in and literally keep the seat flat on the floorboards with no compromise. I did not have to cut or modify anything and everything is just bolt on.

Check out the seat height difference in this pic:
IMG_2161.jpg

Aerial shot with the t-top removed shows perfect position adjusted for me:
IMG_2164.jpg

I love the carbon kevlar poking out when the door is open or visible when hatch is open through small rear window
IMG_2163.jpg

here you can see the oem bolt holes using factory bolts
IMG_2162.jpg

Just have to decide which red seat to do for the passenger side now to complete the interior
IMG_2160.jpg

enjoy
rick

Rik, I'm a UK owner struggling to get any info on these RO rails. I have a pair of Recaros I want to use. They are like Pole Positions and I already have the side mount brackets that I want to attatch to rails like these RO ones.

Do you have the dimensions available that I've highlighted in your picture?

Many Thanks,

Haga

Attachments

• RO Rail Measurements.jpg
    RO Rail Measurements.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 872
Rik, I'm a UK owner struggling to get any info on these RO rails. I have a pair of Recaros I want to use. They are like Pole Positions and I already have the side mount brackets that I want to attatch to rails like these RO ones.

Do you have the dimensions available that I've highlighted in your picture?

Many Thanks,

Haga

Haga, PM sent....I have the passenger rail sitting in my garage so I can take those measurements for you no problem but from what I heard even in the US they are VERY HARD to obtain.

Well last night I finally got around to "borrowing" my Bride EURO II (black) from my s2000 just so I can do some test fitments. I already have my passenger Bride RO rail so I should have done this a long time ago but everything turned out nicely.

I installed the "RO" rail, added the "MO" adapter places and bolted the EURO II seat right into the car. Fitment was near perfect and the seat sat flush to the floorboard. I quickly got into the car and noted headroom. This setup is DEFINITELY lower than the OEM seat setup but not as low as my driver side Stradia Sport seat.

I jogged some notes so here's what I found with the EURO II seat vs. the Stradia Sport.

1) EURO II is so much EASIER to get in/out of the car so definitely a good choice over the Stradia Sport if you don't like to lower yourself into the car.

2) Seat sits virtually flush to floorboard so it's a big gain in headroom over stock seat!

3) Width of EURO II is wider than Stradia Sport so it fills the seat area better. (Stradia has about 1" gap between center console and seat, see pics)

4) EURO II is lighter than the Stradia Sport but of course does not have the metal / carbon kevlar construction so not as high tech looking

5) Price of EURO II is about half of the Stradia Sport roughly....

6) You gain about 1" of headroom with EURO II while the Stradia Sport gives you about 2" of headroom extra :)

However both seats allowed me 6'2, 175 lbs to sit comfortably in the car while the OEM seats did NOT.

So now it just makes waiting for my red EURO II even harder...grrrrr

hope this helps you guys,
rick

Someone needs to sell me their stock seats :biggrin:

God I want a targa so bad :frown:

That's a killer look. I have to go into work in a suit so I might have to set this mod aside until i'm independently wealthy :)

How's the thigh support? One thing I especially like about the OEM seats is great thigh support.

OEM is "ok", these the Bride Stadia is definitely better in everyway but not uncomfortable or intrudes in any way. I wear a suit 10% of the time (thank god) and I'm quite comfy if I leave my jacket off.

The best part of the Stradia sport is not just the comfort but the improved driving position giving me an extra 2" of headroom. Now I feel the car fits me instead of the other way around.

The EURO II in comparison does not give about the same as OEM in terms of support but you can just slide into the seat like a normal car. For the Stradia sport if you attempt this, you will get a serious wedgy....haha!

rk

OEM is "ok", these the Bride Stadia is definitely better in everyway but not uncomfortable or intrudes in any way. I wear a suit 10% of the time (thank god) and I'm quite comfy if I leave my jacket off.

The best part of the Stradia sport is not just the comfort but the improved driving position giving me an extra 2" of headroom. Now I feel the car fits me instead of the other way around.

The EURO II in comparison does not give about the same as OEM in terms of support but you can just slide into the seat like a normal car. For the Stradia sport if you attempt this, you will get a serious wedgy....haha!

rk

Hey Rick. Nice work. it looks great.

How is the seat-back width on the stradia? I was thinking of getting one, but when I sat in it I felt that it was narrower than stock and a little too narrow for my back.

Can you confirm it is narrower than stock?

And how is the comfort for you personally?

Hey Rick. Nice work. it looks great.

How is the seat-back width on the stradia? I was thinking of getting one, but when I sat in it I felt that it was narrower than stock and a little too narrow for my back.

Can you confirm it is narrower than stock?

And how is the comfort for you personally?

Well, I’m a size 33/34 waist and it fits me pretty well. My best way to compare the Stradia Sport is that it’s similar to the OEM seat but you sink further into it (deeper) so it has much better lateral grip. This may in some ways give you the feeling it’s more narrow.

However it’s 110% comfortable for me and I can drive across country in this seat, no kidding! I love this seat so much it’s also the same seat I have in the driver’s position on my s2000 (see picture) If you notice I also love the EURO II that I have this exact setup in both my cars. I would not have gone through the trouble / money to get these seats in both cars if it wasn’t exactly what I wanted.

Of course we all come in various sizes and each person has a different degree in their comfort zone. The only thing I can tell you is to find another NSX owner with the same setup and try it.

I could never own an NSX with the stock seats as an FYI (this is why I changed them out and I think also why the previous owner did the same thing). The cockpit is otherwise near perfect for me.

IMO: 3 things that need changing in the cockpit = Seats, Shifter Assembly, Steering Wheel (in that order of importance)

Regards
Rick

All pics should work now, upgraded to a PRO account :)

I'm going to weigh the Bride EURO II seat this weekend since with all the excitment I forgot to weight it before installation! *slaps head:tongue:

rk

6) You gain about 1" of headroom with EURO II while the Stradia Sport gives you about 2" of headroom extra :)

OP's own correction UPDATE to above #6

(sorry if I mis-informed some of you but actually I made a mistake in my original post thread for item #6 after some real world testing and ownership of the car.

The EURO II does NOT gain any headroom - it was more of an illusion when looking at the seat. After my brother and a few buddies rode in the car, (all over 6' tall) they all confirmed the EURO II feels like they are a bird perched up higher than stock. Basically when both seats are occupied by guys my height, I'm almost looking "up" at them.

The correct statement would be, "Using the Bride EURO II with the RO rails, you will sit roughly 1" higher so you will LOSE roughly an inch if not more of headroom"

apologies if I caused confusion as that was not my intent.
rick

Back