Brake pads/brake line recommendations

Are you sure it is'nt belching out of the larger resevior in the front compartment.Check for leakage as a stuck abs solenoid can cause this.

hmm ok - my ABS pump has been going on and off more often lately... when it rains I'm sure to excersice it pretty well...

the only reservoir I know of for the Brakes is the Large one next to the clutch reservoir right? I'll check it but i have not seen any leaks anywhere...

I'm a one trick pony...and thats all I've got for you:redface: The fluid has to be leaving the system somewhere......

I'm a one trick pony...and thats all I've got for you:redface: The fluid has to be leaving the system somewhere......

Haha I'll get a flash light and check everywhere today.....

unless its leaking inside the master cylinder? Isn't that like a $1200 job to replace the master brake cylinder? :eek:

I'm gonna need new pads soon anyways... might as well flush it while I'm at it. and check it out then.

Ok So I checked the big reservoir (is full w/ the blue stuff) and then I just saw the large cap on top of the ABS pump... with what looked like pee... but it seemed full... should I have this fluid changed out? No idea if it has been done...

Last edited:
I don't want to mess up the thread. But if I have to go with new brake pads I'd like to go with something different than my current HAWK HP+.

What about Project Mu B-Specs. Can anyone report a feedback of them how they compare to the Type NS (street)? Dusting, noise, rotor wear and brake bite. I'm looking for a pads which bites sharply for street (no track).

Thanks! :)

I went with:
  • Carbotech Panther Plus front and rear pads
  • SS Lines
  • Speedbleeders

I have only drove the car to bed the brakes and rotors so far but was very impessed!!

After driving 600 miles on my new brake set up...

I love the new feel! night and day difference, granted with oem set up vs my new set up both brand new a better comparison could be made but in all fairness my oem pads and rotors were pretty worn down so would not be fair to compare from yesterday to today. Trying to look back when old set up was still new I would have to new set up stops significantly quicker and with a lot less pedal pressure. Brakes do squeak and dust more, as was expected but I love the new set up.

Back