Bonkers pricing: JH4NA1156MT000638

I'm looking for an NSX, and would even strongly consider a project, but I can't get over the pricing on these things as of late! The fact that this thing is on here at the listed price of $69997 US American dollars is wild to me.

Would love to hear members thoughts on what they would pay for this, given the disaster that it is/could be when popped up on a couple of jack stands and pulled apart.

Whose racecar was this? 😅

Price seems about right if it is truly a no accident car.

From just looking at your title I thought you were referring to this 98 coupe that sold for 175K today.
Nah, there's just no way I could bring myself to spend that kind of money on an example in that condition. I mean, if that's what people are willing to pay then I guess I'll have to accept the fact that I won't own one anytime soon- and that's "okay." That same kind of money could be well spent on an alternative.

As for the BAT sale, yeah, that's bananas too.

Not a bad price with 38k miles if there's nothing major. It comes with most of the original parts to put it back to stock. What disaster are you referring to and race car?

Not a bad price with 38k miles if there's nothing major. It comes with most of the original parts to put it back to stock. What disaster are you referring to and race car?
I'm not sure how you would put it back together with a few springs, an aftermarket steering wheel and a ripped seat.

It's got a hole in the dash covered by a faux carbon plate that's literally screwed to the console. Tow hook exposed with a missing cover on the front potentially tells a story. Aftermarket body panel(s). What's up with the red wiring zip-tied throughout the body? There's a lot going on here, not to mention it's filthy and looks pretty beat from a basic standpoint for 70k.

(Opinions may vary).

I'm with @BlueFalcon_FK8. Just quickly scrolling through those pictures and I saw at least five things that screamed "basket case" to me. From what I saw, it's going to take over $20k to make that NSX right again.

It can be sent to a very good detailer and most would happy to buy it. 70k seems normal for a NSX. Things are expensive now, you can spend more than $50,000 on top of that on a new pickup truck and it will tank year after year very fast, the NSX will continue to go up over time and comes with a great community as well. not a bad buy.

The seat can be redone. Center console and tow hook cover can be replaced. The steering wheel is original. Is there after market panel?

Not to say this is a great deal until it is inspected, but I am sure any potential buyers would and go from there.

I think a nice 91 with 38k miles would be way north of $70k, but then again, price is subjective for a 30+ years old car. One can get 2 brand new Civic for that price....

Last edited:
If the dealer had any brains, they would have:

1) tossed the red seat in the nearest dumpster
2) reinstalled the original seat (which is included with the car)
3) added a cheapo radio (maybe a double din would cover whatever sins are under the blank plate)
4) dry iced the underside

I think that would have made the low-mile car a very quick and easy sale.

Back