BMW 335i

woah..when is the 135 supposed to come stateside?

Dunno but what an exciting car.. 0-100km/h 5,3

img01sc8.jpg

img02popkp4.jpg

img03popxg1.jpg

img04fw5.jpg

Explain to me how this is wishful thinking? Those hp figures are real. Erick has his own brain and he was pointing out how k-series technology is superior to the older style vtec engines. Tell me how much hp you need to experience before you are a man? I've personally driven a 500hp h22a turbo racecar down a race track. Does that count? You say there are more cars that come with more hp then that in NA form? Yea, there are but they have more cylinders then 4. If you have any proof to back up anything you have wrote i would love to see it! lol You don't have to listen to me... just look at the facts. Everyone can click on those links and see the truth!

Brian, I think Jason is aggrivated becaues during our regular conversation with Erick, he claimed that some body has that kind of HP figures in a street car. So yeah, I think it was a totally unfair to compare with a well built race car than some thing we can having in a street car, don't you agree?

And KIDS, STOP ARGUING ABOUT STUFF THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE 335!

God damn...GO JASON! haha. Interesting arguments but why don't you guys take your debates to PM.

Anyway, 335 is sick. Some guys just created some new downpipes for them, even more hp than before (reflash etc).

Wow..
Ravi

Please, as posted above as well as for the sake of this forum, keep the profane arguments limited to PM only. This is a public place that is not interested in your attacks to one another, let's not turn this (what has been a very mature) forum into something lower in the food chain.

Now to try and continue on topic:

What is the expected price points of those new 1 series? If only a couple thousand bucks less than the 3 series, I don't see a place for it on the market. I'd hope to see it at a base price of around 22k.

What is the expected price points of those new 1 series? If only a couple thousand bucks less than the 3 series, I don't see a place for it on the market. I'd hope to see it at a base price of around 22k.

The base price for a 135 is expected in the low 30's, about $10k below a 335. You will be able to get a 130 in the 20's.

bmwusa says it will start at $35k for the 135. if it's anything like the other bimmers this means a decent one will cost about $40k and change. i'd buy the 335 before that.

Dunno but what an exciting car.. 0-100km/h 5,3

img01sc8.jpg

img02popkp4.jpg

img03popxg1.jpg

img04fw5.jpg

I have posted numerous times about how ugly I think just about every new BMW after the uber-beautiful Z8 has been. But honestly... I like this new 1 series. If BMW can be smart about the pricing (in other words keep a well optioned 135 in the $30's then I might see to it to replace old Bessie.

u guys should really let it go. both of you have made some sort of valid points and there may have been a misunderstanding. lets get back to these twin turbo bimmers! :biggrin:

BMW will be putting that twin-turbo 3.0 liter inline-six motor in the new 1 series coupe that will be available in the US in 2008. With 300hp and 300 lb-ft of torque and a much lighter car than the 335... the 135i will be a real screamer!!! A liitle after-market add-ons and it will likely give the new M3 a run for it's money. I love the size and look of this 1-series coupe... it may be the re-incarnation of the e30 M3 in some respects!!:smile:

-Wick

Does anyone know how the 535i is faring, now that they've put the same twin turbo in the 5 series? How are the performance specs for the much bigger sedan--curious to know how the motor does compared to the 4.8 V8 in the 550i.

I recently purchased a 335i, after driving its competitors.

This is a car I like more and more as I own it. I did a 2000 km break in and was always impressed with the power even below 5000rpm. Running the car out actually makes me laugh, and I keep thinking "I'm in a 4 door sedan, and this is totally crazy!"

The interior is very purposeful and comfortable. My only criticism is that the shift feel is a little rubbery and the throws are long. I have to reach for 5 & 6 in my correct driving position. I guess it could use some more interior storage to.

I get comments on the car regularly. Not as often as my NSX, but teenagers and 20 year old guys really love this thing. (I guess it must be cool then).

The handling (I have the sport and luxury package) is exceptional. This is a car that encourages spirited driving, and gives me a lot of confidence. I may just have to take it to the track and see how it does. The thing about it that makes me smile most is the power for exitting corners in 2nd. This is the biggest shortfall of my NSX at the track.

My brother is a BMW master tech, and he informed me that these engines are factory restricted. They will run to 400hp with certain electronic restrictions removed. It is surprisingly easy to do this, but would void your warranty, and he did mention some durability issues if I did this.

Overall, this is an exceptional car. The 135i will be a sweet little unit. The new M3, I can only imagine. I like my 335i more than by brother's E46 M3 for a daily driver.

The NSX regardless of it's deficiencies is far more rewarding to drive. If I didn't own the NSX, I would have waited for an M3, but the 335i is the best daily driver you can get in its class for the enthusiast buyer. IMO. :)

IMy brother is a BMW master tech, and he informed me that these engines are factory restricted. They will run to 400hp with certain electronic restrictions removed. It is surprisingly easy to do this, but would void your warranty, and he did mention some durability issues if I did this.

This what I keep telling these guys that want to buy it for hp potential and they think I'm just trying to "hate" on the 335:wink:

Does anyone know how the 535i is faring, now that they've put the same twin turbo in the 5 series? How are the performance specs for the much bigger sedan--curious to know how the motor does compared to the 4.8 V8 in the 550i.

Today's 530 is less than 100lb heavier than 330 so I imagine the performance will be similar if not identical. The 4.8 V8 puts out 360 hp vs the TT's 300hp so it should have better stock levels of performance than all the 3.0L TT engines. But the TT's will be easier to modify.

The interior is very purposeful and comfortable. My only criticism is that the shift feel is a little rubbery and the throws are long.

You should get a short shift kit from UUC, it does wonders for the E46 M3's shifter. They also have cool racing pedals if I do say so myself... :wink:

Back