Bluetooth headsets?

Now that Verizon Wireless have finally gotten around (!) to releasing a cellphone with (crippled) Bluetooth capabilities I am in the market for a headset to go with it. Anyone have any experience with either the Motorola or Jabra Bluetooth headsets? Any others worth considering? Thanks.

had the jabra bluetooth and hated it. but that was just me imho and all that. problems were it wasnt all that comfortable, and then the curl around earpiece got bent out of shape. just really uncomfortable poor design. but it did work otherwise.

Bought my Motorola V710 last week along w/ the Motorola Wireless Headset HS820... They work great together... better than I expected, the only thing... the headset picks up everything as far as noise, It's hard to use it in busy areas...

JaySpec7 said:
Bought my Motorola V710 last week along w/ the Motorola Wireless Headset HS820... They work great together... better than I expected, the only thing... the headset picks up everything as far as noise, It's hard to use it in busy areas...

Thanks. Can't get my 710 until 8/29 because of my anniversary and the $100 credit - hey, a hundred bucks is a hundred bucks, right?
I'm planning on the HS810 instead of the 820 - partly because of the neckstrap, partly because of the folding boom but, mostly, because of the way the 820 is turned on with a 3 second button push. Too slow in answering calls that way. :D

i have the jabra bluetooth head set. I like it cuz dats the only one i have experience with. The only thing i don't like is some times my head set will get disconnected to the phone by itself after i dial a number and bout to talk into it. Some times it also disconnects all of sudden even though the phone is next to me. I am not sure if it is the phone NOKIA (3920?) or the ear piece.
good luck on your search.

Hi lemansnsx,
I have the Jabra BT250, bluetooth headset with 8 hrs of talktime. It works great, especially with the enhanced features provided in the handsfree profile (Nokia 3650), such as voice-activated calling, call waiting switching, etc.
I purchased it around two months ago from Fry's, but since I just recently purchased a Smartphone (Palm OS phone), it does not have Bluetooth capability. I paid over $100, but am interested in selling it for $80 OBO. It has everything, and I've used it for a very short amount of time. Here is a pic of it. Please let me know if you are interested in purchasing it.

Take Care,
J.

Attachments

• dsc02985small.jpg
    dsc02985small.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 187
Yawwn said:
I paid over $100, but am interested in selling it for $80 OBO.
Take Care,
J.

Thanks for the offer but I think I'm settled on the Motorola HS810. One less charger to worry about carrying on trips. ;)

I have a V600 by motorola.. I had the jabra headset at first, but it wasn't working properly. When trying to dial using the voice feature, through the headset, it would only scroll to that number in the phone book, and not dial it. Traded it for the motorola and it works like a champ. I've had the jabra for over a year now, but I just switched from Sony-Erriccson to motorola. You wont find a better tool for driving a car. That thing is fantastic.

NSXnBRLA said:
You wont find a better tool for driving a car. That thing is fantastic.

Yeh - I can't stand messing with the various wired ear buds when in the car!

As for the best tool for driving - I just got an Ique 3600 PDA/GPS and this thing rocks! Needed the nearest branch of two of my banks today in an unfamiliar area and boom! drove right to 'em. Awesome!:D

lemansnsx said:
Yeh - I can't stand messing with the various wired ear buds when in the car!

As for the best tool for driving - I just got an Ique 3600 PDA/GPS and this thing rocks! Needed the nearest branch of two of my banks today in an unfamiliar area and boom! drove right to 'em. Awesome!:D
Im just about to put my iQue 3600 on ebay. I got the bluetooth GPS antenna, and loaded all the software onto my tungsten T. Its much smaller :)

lemansnsx said:
Thanks. Can't get my 710 until 8/29 because of my anniversary and the $100 credit - hey, a hundred bucks is a hundred bucks, right?
I'm planning on the HS810 instead of the 820 - partly because of the neckstrap, partly because of the folding boom but, mostly, because of the way the 820 is turned on with a 3 second button push. Too slow in answering calls that way. :D

I'm actually thinking of that one too... I saw it after I bought the 820... I like the case and neck strap...

It's funny, I walk around w/ the head set and people are just staring.. thinking that's the phone.. LMAO

JaySpec7 said:
It's funny, I walk around w/ the head set and people are just staring.. thinking that's the phone.. LMAO

My wife took one look at the 810 and then looked at me like I'd taken leave of my senses...:D
I think she thinks that it looks too much like something out of iRobot or something.:rolleyes:

I agree with NSXnBrla, I too have the Motorola V600 with accompanying bluetooth Motorola headset, HS810-98665 which retails for about $100. You can see it on their web-site at Motorola.com. It is the smallest, lightest, best fitting, simplest to operate I have ever seen. I have has it for one month and just love it. I spend some considerable time in my car and make a lot of business calls and it is terrific. No more wires getting wrapped around my shifter, brake handle, caught on my shirt buttons, etc. I will tell you that I feel like Captain Kirk on Star Trek everytime I use it. The BEST. For those that can't brin themselves to spend $100 on a headset, they have a less expensive one too, it is about $50, but I have no experience with that.

headset

I 'm with nextel. Bought the jabra freespeak wireless thing too. I sucked because nextel phones don't have bluetooth and it comes with a goofy adapter that plugs into the phone. Never worked right.

Re: headset

Ko-nsx said:
I 'm with nextel. Bought the jabra freespeak wireless thing too. I sucked because nextel phones don't have bluetooth and it comes with a goofy adapter that plugs into the phone. Never worked right.

I kept looking at that one over the last year or so for my current phone (non-bluetooth, thanks Verizon...) but I didn't like the idea of something else clipped on the belt.

headset

its like wearing two phones. The adapter has to sync with the headset. I wish i could have a wireless headset, but i'd have to switch cell phone providers. Wish nextel would step it up on their phones. They have nothing compared to the competition equipment wise.

Re: headset

Ko-nsx said:
Wish nextel would step it up on their phones. They have nothing compared to the competition equipment wise.

I feel the same way about Verizon. The competition have much cooler phones and some nice plan features. Too bad they don't have the coverage that Verizon has.

I don't know - I have had AT&T forever and never had a problem in the SF Bay Area of California. Just went to GSM and still have no problems, and they are adding new equipment to increase coverage all the time. But, I gotta tell you, once you go blue tooth, you will never go back.

Back