Big thanks to the forum

A big thank you to everyone that posts on here. My father (78 yo) has a very low mileage 97 that had three issues. As the mechanical son with a lift, I get the job. Blinkers, A/C climate control, and rear trunk lid struts. With some searching I was able to fix all three.

1. Had to buy a new blinker control switch. That kind of hurt.
2. BrianK fixed the A/C board, and said he found the problem and repaired the broken blinker control switch (so now I have a spare)
3. Strutwise recharged the struts.

Why didn't I get BrianK to fix the blinker prior to buying a new one? Because, I didn't know the A/C didn't work until I drove the car, AFTER fixing the blinker.

Me: I fixed the blinkers but the A/c fan doesn't work right.
Dad: Oh yeah, but it still gets cold. You think it is a problem to fix?
Me: I am on it.
Dad: Thanks, you know the trunk won't stay open either. Theres a prop in the trunk to hold it.

He needs new tires (over ten years old) and could probably use a new timing belt (age). But, it never gets driven and for some reason the blinker not working was just killing him. He can sleep now, and throw away the stick in the trunk. I get a "damn, your good" :)

I am certain I will be back soon to search for timing belt stuff. I couldn't have done it without you guys. Thanks.

Car is back into his hands. I should have taken a few pictures.

Tof, lifts have really become reasonably priced. I laid on my back for many years, and about 15 years ago put a lift in my garage that I was building. I picked it up used from a dealer. It is a Rotary 2 post asymmetrical lift. Paid about 2500.00 installed. Best money I have ever spent. For a DIY, it is a game changer.

Back