Best wax for silver?

On a silver I would go with Zaino as the deep carnauba shine doesn't count on silver.

I recommend Zymol. It is outstanding, and provides the most gloss and depth of any product I've seen, thanks to its high carnauba content. You can use the Zymol NSX wax, which was designed specifically for the finish on the NSX, or Zymol Japon wax. Prepping the surface of the finish before applying the wax is extremely important. Zymol HD-Cleanse is a great product for this purpose. For more information, see this previous topic.

Four Star UPP

Prep with Four Star UPC (paint cleanser) or Klasse AIO if you need to remove carnauba for a clean surface for the UPP to bond. 4* also makes a new spray sealant that works with UPP.

Paul, you sold the NSX?? why?

Try our DyNA Ultimate Cleaner followed by our DyNA Brilliance paint sealant and the Liquid Gloss instant detailerfor maintenance and touch ups. I think you'll be pretty happy with the results.

asian_60.jpg

Here is a full description of our DyNA Paint Reconditioning System.

That's cool Paul, I am looking to get another myself by fall of this year probably. What are you driving now? Me, yes a boring but nice 99 Infiniti Q45t. Slow as Xmas but it gets me there if you know what I mean? Oh yeah, and it's Black, I will NEVER do that again I promise....

IMO the gains with a carnuba on a silver car are minimal, and the durability of a synthetic like Zaino etc. would be more beneficial. Zymol is fantastic, and no question provides a deeper shine on darker colors than synthetics. The synthetics are gaining ground on that, but aren't quite there yet. On silver though (mine's a Silverstone) I chose the durability of the synthetics, since there's not much gain in depth with carnuba on that color. Everyone on here will tell you something different, and most all will be correct. All products in these posts in this thread are good quality. Just what works and looks best to you. Good luck.

I'm a detailer, and my vote would be UPP for silver.. ease of use, ease of removal, overall easy process

and of course zaino comes in second.. looks great but it can be labour intensive for some..

Wax is wax. Just buy whatever is on sale at Wal-Mart. Don't get sucked into all the hype surrounding some of those ridiculously priced products on the market.
Take for instance the Zymol "NSX" wax which is hyped as being specially made for the finish on the NSX. The NSX is finished with the same paint from the same OEM paint suppliers as any other Honda. It's amazing the crap people will say to market a product and even more amazing that otherwise intelligent people believe the claims.

Vodka is Vodka

XRacerX said:
Wax is wax.

Sounds just like my dad who pours Popov into the Ketel One bottle. Vodka is Vodka. No one will know the difference. You can't tell the difference unless you drink it straight. Sure Dad!!!!

Only ZYMOL for me.

Flame suit slipped on........

XRacerX said:
Wax is wax. Just buy whatever is on sale at Wal-Mart. Don't get sucked into all the hype surrounding some of those ridiculously priced products on the market.
Take for instance the Zymol "NSX" wax which is hyped as being specially made for the finish on the NSX. The NSX is finished with the same paint from the same OEM paint suppliers as any other Honda. It's amazing the crap people will say to market a product and even more amazing that otherwise intelligent people believe the claims.

A good wax or sealant does not a car look great unless the prep work is good. The most expensive wax over a gritty, marred finish is still going to look like crap. And yes, Zymol has as more hyperbole in their marketing than most.

Now if you take two cars that have been clayed and polished then test turtle wax against pinnacle souveran, then yes you can SEE the difference. Durability and slickness are also two other factors to consider.

If you want good OTC products, try the Mother's Reflection collection. If you want it to last an extended amount of time, try Zaino or Klasse SG. If you want silver to pop, try UPP.

XRacerX said:
Wax is wax.
Wax is NOT just wax. Don't believe it? Try the different products, instead of attacking a product that you've never used. You'll find that there are real differences from one product to another. Furthermore, pt91 is correct in noting that prep work is key to maximizing the quality of your shine. Every major brand has products for claying and polishing prior to applying the final protective coat, and using these is needed for the best results. Prepping will also make those differences between products crystal clear.

Zymol uses a much higher percentage of carnauba than most other detailing products (37-51 percent, versus 3-5 percent for those cheap products you'll find at Wal-Mart). The carnauba gives the finish more depth and gloss than any other product I've tried. I don't care about "hype"; I care about results, and that's what Zymol delivers. That's why year after year, the top winners at Pebble Beach, the biggest concours event in the country, use Zymol.

Back