Best lease deal so far?

I found a exposure car that’s at 139840. Its msrp was 199800. They told me being titled makes being able to lease it more costly. A new one off the showroom is less payment but more money. The demo has the lease vale of the base msrp while the new one is based off of fully loaded sticker. This make sense?

I paid the deposit down today and waiting on approval. It was $5500 down $1261 plus tax $1337 drive off on $199,300 car. Not an exposure car.

I am not intimately familiar with leases, so let me know if I am missing something. Seems to me like the math is $1261 x 36 months = $45,396. + $5500 = $50k. Does that mean you are betting the car will be worth less than $125-150k in 3 years?

^Typically there is a residual pre-determined by dealership that is the expected value at end of the 3 years.

Example: 36 month lease with 5000 miles Acura is doing 56% residual so they are saying the car is worth $107k roughly when you turn the car back in. However even this number is quite optimistic since we remember reading a guy tried to trade in his 3000 mile NSX back to Acura and dealer would only give him $105k!

So in a the above example a 36 month lease assuming you don't go over miles, a car with 15k miles Acura is saying is worth $107k is highly optimistic if they are only willing to give $105k for a car with 3k miles RIGHT NOW.

^Typically there is a residual pre-determined by dealership that is the expected value at end of the 3 years.

Example: 36 month lease with 5000 miles Acura is doing 56% residual so they are saying the car is worth $107k roughly when you turn the car back in. However even this number is quite optimistic since we remember reading a guy tried to trade in his 3000 mile NSX back to Acura and dealer would only give him $105k!

So in a the above example a 36 month lease assuming you don't go over miles, a car with 15k miles Acura is saying is worth $107k is highly optimistic if they are only willing to give $105k for a car with 3k miles RIGHT NOW.

on a demo i was told the residual was 87k, and a new one was 112k
I'm getting a good deal on a demo, but they won't drop the money factor. I suppose they want to recoup that way.

I'm getting a good deal on a demo, but they won't drop the money factor. I suppose they want to recoup that way.

$87,000 is the residual of 56% off the base MSRP of $156,000. If the dealer is quoting you that they are entering the lease numbers into the desking software incorrectly.

For example with using $156,000 MSRP and $87,360 as your 56% residual with the selling price of $139,840 and 0.0018 money factor you will come up with a lease payment of $1,866.74 plus tax and license.

When done correctly using the true $199,300 as the MSRP and $111,608 as your 56% residual with the selling price of $139,840 and a 0.0018 money factor your lease payment drops to $1,236.83 plus tax a license.

The dealer telling you that being titled makes the lease more expensive is complete BS and is just an uninformed salesperson talking out his butt. Make sure they correct that mistake and then jump on that deal as it's a great one!

That dealer is calculating numbers incorrectly. They need to be using the sticker price as MSRP and $111,608 as your 56% residual. That talk about the demo having the lease vale of the base msrp while the new one is based off of sticker is complete BS. Also you should be getting a 0.0018 money factor or something very close to that. If calculated using these numbers, as it should be you will get a lease payment of $1,236.83 + tax and license. Make sure they use those numbers and then get a deposit on that car because it's a smoking deal!

different residuals? *facepalm*

money factor is unable to be changed. acura doesn't use multiple security deposits to reduce the MF like some manufacturers.

Last edited:
*facepalm* money factor is unable to be changed

Beg to differ on the "money factor"/ interest rate, my dealer started with .0022 and we eventually signed at .0019 (wife has 840 FICO)...JM2C...I could be wrong...:tongue:

Sorry for confusion, we are well aware of sales tax being paid ~ that is not the issue.

Typically sales tax of $4400 is divided into each monthly payment, it's not paid up front as as lump sum.

IL and CA are the same in that sales tax is only calculated on the portion of the vehicle being leased. Not the entire amount.

I can help. I bought a car from IL and I live in cali. And im also in the car business.

they started you at .0022? ROFL. bunch of clowns.

why not .00180?

Speaking as someone who is a dealer, yes we can mark up money factor to help make some back end money. Same way they bump APR rates on a finance to make some extra money. That’s why I was cautioning him to make sure they are giving him the .0018 so he gets the best deal possible.

The dealer making a little profit isnt the worst thing on the planet either. I am in the car business and I still paid .00205 money factor. Allowing the finance guy to make a little money is ok lol

The dealer making a little profit isnt the worst thing on the planet either. I am in the car business and I still paid .00205 money factor. Allowing the finance guy to make a little money is ok lol

I’m in the car business, but not in a network in a Acura. MF can be marked up .100 on a Nissan lease. I’d buy that car if I could just get that deal.

My friend has a curva red with 3k miles and his Acura dealer would only give $105k for it. He then tried at the Porsche dealer and they would do $110k. Interesting how Acura has lost faith on resale value. Anyone who does a lease for more than $1300 a month with zero down is paying too much (my opinion only).
Acura dealerships are getting tons of calls now on people looking for deals and they are no longer doing killer discounts.

Wait a year and get used for under $100k. Trust me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based on my many visits to many different Acura dealerships, it seems like each Acura dealership is completely different in philosophy and operation than the next. So I wouldn't take anything as gospel based on a single Acura dealership doing something. His Acura dealer may suck, financially strapped, etc., who knows.

There is no way these are going for under $100k in a year, or even in 2-3 years unless they are abused or had a hard life. The very limited supply of these means they are not going to depreciate that much. However, other market factors could cause them to drop, such as a dip in the economy, Acura coming out with a cheaper / stripped model, or Acura flooding the market with NSXs if they do not stick to "custom order only for 2018's and later" model.

Life is short, these are amazing deals. You can always wait a year for prices to go down. At what point do you stop waiting and bite? It might be too late at that point.

PS - is your friend serious about selling his NSX? If so PM me, seriously interested, I'll beat all dealer offers. :)

Last edited:
186400 msrp with total discount was down to 145000. With 25000 down the payment on a 36 month lease was 983. No money Down was 1800 a month. They offered 3.99 on 72 thru a local credit union. I figured I’ve got 2k more to drop. It was Valencia did not have outside cf and engine. Thoughts???

186400 msrp with total discount was down to 145000. With 25000 down the payment on a 36 month lease was 983. No money Down was 1800 a month. They offered 3.99 on 72 thru a local credit union. I figured I’ve got 2k more to drop. It was Valencia did not have outside cf and engine. Thoughts???

Not a bad deal, if the car has the options and colors you want. I was told the cars will have to stay as is from the factory, ie if you want a spoiler but if your car didn't come with one, too bad. Basically most if not all of the options on the car are specific for that car. So if you wanted different wheels for your NSX from Acura, they won't sell it to you, only what specific wheels came on your car. So Acura is keeping the cars and equipment very exclusive as is from the factory.

Based on my many visits to many different Acura dealerships, it seems like each Acura dealership is completely different in philosophy and operation than the next. So I wouldn't take anything as gospel based on a single Acura dealership doing something. His Acura dealer may suck, financially strapped, etc., who knows.

There is no way these are going for under $100k in a year, or even in 2-3 years unless they are abused or had a hard life. The very limited supply of these means they are not going to depreciate that much. However, other market factors could cause them to drop, such as a dip in the economy, Acura coming out with a cheaper / stripped model, or Acura flooding the market with NSXs if they do not stick to "custom order only for 2018's and later" model.

Life is short, these are amazing deals. You can always wait a year for prices to go down. At what point do you stop waiting and bite? It might be too late at that point.

PS - is your friend serious about selling his NSX? If so PM me, seriously interested, I'll beat all dealer offers. :)

JMO:
There are still 150 plus 2017's out on the market either new or with low miles. I think you may be setting yourself up for disappointment if you don't think resale will be soft for the next 2-3 years. Hi line/dealers resellers aren't offering much over 115K for even 200k msrp cars at the moment. The market is very uncertain due to many factors. Time will tell with these and it's sad because it truly is an AMAZING car. However, i think the market has spoken these should have been 120-145k cars from the start.
I fully expect the discounts of 40-65k off msrp to continue in the coming months to move the remaining 17' inventory.

Last edited:
JMO:
There are still 150 plus 2017's out on the market either new or with low miles. I think you may be setting yourself up for disappointment if you don't think resale will be soft for the next 2-3 years. Hi line/dealers resellers aren't offering much over 115K for even 200k msrp cars at the moment. The market is very uncertain due to many factors. Time will tell with these and it's sad because it truly is an AMAZING car. However, i think the market has spoken these should have been 120-145k cars from the start.

I agree it is uncertain, but I disagree with the other guy who thinks these cars will be under $100k in a year...just not possible. While these will depreciate like supercars, it is a Honda / Acura after all, and having owned the first gen NSX for nearly 15 years, they have held up their value because it is an Acura, not a McLaren or Lamborghini or Ferrari. The Acura / Honda reliability really helps long term value, imo.

In addition, the number of cars being built is far less than the gen 1 NSXs, which helps even more with car value. So while yes it sucks Honda didn't sell boatloads of these, it will help resale value if production continues to be low, far lower than the 1st gen.

As a side anecdote, I took my NSX to the tire shop to get tires inflated (it was 33 - 34, I had it filled up to 38 PSI). The tire guys all came out running out of the shop to marvel at the NSX. And several of them said "this is far better looking than the R8", and "I prefer this over a Lamborghini or Ferrari" which they see a lot of. I think the in-person positive impressions will help with the value of this car a lot. This is not a car that photographs very well due to the subtle angles and such, but it is gorgeous in person. I expect those soft factors to help with the resale value over time. :)

Last edited:
I agree it is uncertain, but I disagree with the other guy who thinks these cars will be under $100k in a year...just not possible. While these will depreciate like supercars, it is a Honda / Acura after all, and having owned the first gen NSX for nearly 15 years, they have held up their value because it is an Acura, not a McLaren or Lamborghini or Ferrari. The Acura / Honda reliability really helps long term value, imo.

In addition, the number of cars being built is far less than the gen 1 NSXs, which helps even more with car value. So while yes it sucks Honda didn't sell boatloads of these, it will help resale value if production continues to be low, far lower than the 1st gen.

As a side anecdote, I took my NSX to the tire shop to get tires inflated (it was 33 - 34, I had it filled up to 38 PSI). The tire guys all came out running out of the shop to marvel at the NSX. And several of them said "this is far better looking than the R8", and "I prefer this over a Lamborghini or Ferrari" which they see a lot of. I think the in-person positive impressions will help with the value of this car a lot. This is not a car that photographs very well due to the subtle angles and such, but it is gorgeous in person. I expect those soft factors to help with the resale value over time. :)

Always helps the self-ego when people say things like that! We agree the NSX is a show stopper and at our shop, we commonly have a few exotics from the big name Italians and parked next to the NSX - people always draw to the NSX. Whether it's just new or has intrinsic value only time will tell but it's definitely a show stopper in person.

Park a 1st gen and 2nd gen side by side and you will get even more remarks, almost a guaranteed thing! :)

Happy Holidays!

I don't think many current owners are going to dump their cars if the cars end up being as reliable as the 1st gen cars. What would you replace it with? The reason I jumped on the car wasn't just the discounted price but being worried I wouldn't save much when buying used in a few years. I made a simple observation that 1st gen cars in 1991 accounted for basically 1/3 of all cars sold in the USA over the lifetime of production. I don't think sales for the 2nd gen will increase over the 1st year of production for 2017 so I think it will be an exclusive car and desirable/appreciated more at some point. I'm assuming there will be more 1st gen owners looking to add one as well at some point in the future to what they currently own

I don't think many current owners are going to dump their cars if the cars end up being as reliable as the 1st gen cars. What would you replace it with? The reason I jumped on the car wasn't just the discounted price but being worried I wouldn't save much when buying used in a few years. I made a simple observation that 1st gen cars in 1991 accounted for basically 1/3 of all cars sold in the USA over the lifetime of production. I don't think sales for the 2nd gen will increase over the 1st year of production for 2017 so I think it will be an exclusive car and desirable/appreciated more at some point. I'm assuming there will be more 1st gen owners looking to add one as well at some point in the future to what they currently own

The car's value will go up if production stays limited AND it proves to be reliable. That is Honda's ace in the hole. The car isn't faster than the competition, it isn't more practical, and it doesn't have badge appeal. But if over time people start piling miles on without any major issues then people will realize how good they are and values will rise. Just like Gen 1

MC

2017 Berlina Black Acura NSX
2105 GMC Yukon Denali
2003 Mazda Miata
1995 Mazda Miata #02
2008 Chevy Corvette Z06 (sold)
1996 Acura NSX-T (sold)
2015 Jaguar F-type R (gone)
2011 Cadillac CTS-V (sold)

IMHO 2017 year end was the best time to buy a NSX. And especially if you chose to buy vs leasing. With the tax laws changing, I'm 100% glad I purchased my NSX and paid the full sales tax this year. I'll be able to deduct the full sales tax with my purchase, whereas it will be limited in the future.

Good luck to those still hunting... if it helps, remember to close by 12/31 to help save some tax monies. I'm glad I bought my NSX for keeps... Merry NsXmas!!

Back