Best Fenway seats?

Going to Boston to watch bro run the marathon. Want to go to Sunday's (4/19/09) game. He wants to sit "in the green monster". I've checked stubhub and I think it's too $$. I thought sitting on the right field bleachers or box seats would be cool so you could see the green monster. Thoughts? Any other places to buy the tickets cheaper? I've checked fleabay. As an aside, we want to visit the Cheers inspired bar and maybe Harvard. Any other thoughts appreciated (3 adults..no kids).
Thx

Jeff

Going to Boston to watch bro run the marathon. Want to go to Sunday's (4/19/09) game. He wants to sit "in the green monster". I've checked stubhub and I think it's too $$. I thought sitting on the right field bleachers or box seats would be cool so you could see the green monster. Thoughts? Any other places to buy the tickets cheaper? I've checked fleabay. As an aside, we want to visit the Cheers inspired bar and maybe Harvard. Any other thoughts appreciated (3 adults..no kids).
Thx

Jeff

Its Fenway Park...and you will be in Red Sox Nation. ALL Seats are expensive, Green Monster Seats are outrageously expensive. Too many fans and not enough seats. Sitting in the "Monsta" seats is a unique experience however. My favorite seats are right-field box (lower). The experience of Fenway Park itself is unique, you'll have a great time!

Don't go to Cheers....seriously. Its a great disappointment. If you are looking for a tourist trap go down to Fanueil Hall, grab some Italian Food right around the corner in the North End. Bill Clinton always grabs a few cannoli's when he is in town in the North End.

John Kerry watched the election results at the Ye Olde Union Oyster House (strongly recommend you go and sit at the Oyster Bar...great experience!)

Definitely check out Harvard Square, but remember Harvard is in Cambridge....not Boston.

For the love of Pete make sure you get some Seafood while you are in town!

Its Fenway Park...and you will be in Red Sox Nation. ALL Seats are expensive, Green Monster Seats are outrageously expensive. Too many fans and not enough seats. Sitting in the "Monsta" seats is a unique experience however. My favorite seats are right-field box (lower). The experience of Fenway Park itself is unique, you'll have a great time!

Don't go to Cheers....seriously. Its a great disappointment. If you are looking for a tourist trap go down to Fanueil Hall, grab some Italian Food right around the corner in the North End. Bill Clinton always grabs a few cannoli's when he is in town in the North End.

John Kerry watched the election results at the Ye Olde Union Oyster House (strongly recommend you go and sit at the Oyster Bar...great experience!)

Definitely check out Harvard Square, but remember Harvard is in Cambridge....not Boston.

For the love of Pete make sure you get some Seafood while you are in town!

Wow, thanks for the quick reply. I know it's not going to be cheap $30 tickets but wanted to know if there was a better source than stub hub :-)
Most importantly, wanted to know if it's better to sit in the monsta or in say your box seat area. We are leaning to sit in the monsta. There is about a $50/ticket difference to sit in row 1 vs. row 3...both in the monsta. Bro wants to sit in row 1 @ $150/seat x 4 seats..about $680 after stubhub fees/shipping. Oh, and thanks for the seafood advice. We will definitely hit the oyster bar! Will do more homework on Harvard.

Jeff

Last edited:
That's pretty sweet you are going to watch the marathon. My coach is running it. I want to go, but don't think I can.
Thx

Jeff

I prefer the box seats and if you get the correct seats (a few rows back, you are covered in the event of a rain storm). I've always had a good amount of home run balls in that area as well, and you're close enough to yell at J.D. Drew. If I was going to sit in the Monster seats, first row without a doubt. You are paying the premium regardless. Don't think of the ticket cost...think of it as what would you be willing to pay for the "experience"....at least thats what I do to justify those tickets. $150 is pretty cheap per ticket for Monster seats by the way...be CAREFUL some seats in that location are not seats at all (standing room only). Don't try to save money on tickets, buy them from Stub Hubb (seriously, there are a LOT of people selling fake tickets). The Stub Hubb office is right around the corner from Fenway so you can pick them up in person if you need to at the last minute.

I prefer the box seats and if you get the correct seats (a few rows back, you are covered in the event of a rain storm). I've always had a good amount of home run balls in that area as well, and you're close enough to yell at J.D. Drew. If I was going to sit in the Monster seats, first row without a doubt. You are paying the premium regardless. Don't think of the ticket cost...think of it as what would you be willing to pay for the "experience"....at least thats what I do to justify those tickets. $150 is pretty cheap per ticket for Monster seats by the way...be CAREFUL some seats in that location are not seats at all (standing room only). Don't try to save money on tickets, buy them from Stub Hubb (seriously, there are a LOT of people selling fake tickets). The Stub Hubb office is right around the corner from Fenway so you can pick them up in person if you need to at the last minute.

Good call!! I didn't even think about standing room only. That's why it says SRO!! I can't stand the entire game! Will get them from stub hub for sure....will look into the seats that you recommended. Thanks!!

Jeff

At Fenway: The best seats are defintely at a bar watching the Yankee's play....:biggrin:

(I had to do it, I don't even watch baseball but the whole red sox nation things drives me nuts...)

True story: Last time I was at a Red Sox game I got beat up in the parking lot. I was in town on business and apparently had a rental car with a NY state plate. I didn't notice until it was much too late. Many stitches later, I realize these fans are a bit too extreme for me.

I'll stick to watching baseball games at Wrigley. :cool:

ElectricChair.jpg
...:biggrin:

Field box seat worked out beautifully!! It was a perfect day for a baseball game...great weather for the northeast at least!! Buy tickets on the first base side as the sun (if any that day) is on that side. Thanks guys for the advice.

Jeff

Back