• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ben Roethlisberger - in a motorcycle accident :(

Re: concussions add up over the years...

H-carWizKid said:
That was after I left Pa. for the Great State of Texas. I withdraw my assertion that breaking the law is a bad example for Ben to set, and now just go with.

Well... I have to renew my dismay that Ben set a poor example for the youth.

The latest news is that he was riding on an expired permit- He had not completed the required safety course, or the riding test (in PA. it is one or the other from what I understand)

The rule of the PA. permit Ben had is that you have to wear a helmet- over 21 or not.

Big Bens PA. Permit expired in March- he will be ticketed.

Oops.

I am a HUGE Steelers fan, and as a fan my blood boils with anger when I think about this whole event. I can't imagine how the coach, and the organization are feeling.

I heard on the news this morning that they expect him to be out of the hospital by this weekend and will definitely be playing this season.:smile:

Even though he's a Super Bowl winning quaterback, he's still a 24yo punk who thinks he is invincible. Riding a Busa without a license and helmet is just the beginning of his stupidity. All things considered, he's lucky he only broke his jaw and nose. Maybe now he'll realize how fortunate he is to be making millions of dollars and not be a wise ass to his coach anymore.

I have been in a motorcycle accident about 7 years ago and was wearing a helmet. I was flown to Shock Trauma in a helicopter, the only thing that saved my life was the fact I was not only wearing a helmet, but a full leather race suit. I would never, never ride without a full race suit. It makes no sense to put yourself in danger when you don't have to.

Big Ben releases Statement...

Ben Roethlisberger said:
"In the past few days, I have gained new perspective on life. By the grace of God, I am fortunate to be alive, surrounded by loved ones and lifted by the prayers and support of so many. I am sorry for any anxiety and concern my actions have caused others, specifically my family, the Steelers organization, my teammates and our fans.

"I recognize that I have a responsibility to safeguard my health in the offseason so I can continue to lead our team effectively. I never meant any harm to others nor to break any laws. I was confident in my ability to ride a motorcycle and simply believed such an accident would not happen to me. If I ever ride again, it certainly will be with a helmet.

"My deepest appreciation goes out to the Steelers organization and my teammates for the compassion they have shown me. The physicians and support staff at Mercy Hospital were simply amazing, and I will forever be grateful for their caring treatment.

"I want to assure everyone I am committed to a complete and timely recovery. I look forward to being at training camp in Latrobe and to winning football games this season."

Looks like a lesson learned.

Glad he will be ok

Re: No helmet

Soichiro said:
>>No helmet.

= MORON!

The morons are the PA law makers who passed the law not requiring helmets on motorcycles. The worse morons are the motorcycle riders pushing the law makers to pass the no helmet law.

Re: No helmet

fannsx said:
The morons are the PA law makers who passed the law not requiring helmets on motorcycles. The worse morons are the motorcycle riders pushing the law makers to pass the no helmet law.

That is funny, the state requires seat belts in a car, but you don't have to wear a helmet on a motorcycle????? Doesn't make much sense to me. I live close to the PA line, when I ride at the PA line, I usually see motorcycles pulled over on the side of the road taking off their helmets putting them away. Stupid

Back