Bear Mt area run this Saturday morning if anyone is interested

Guys,

It was great meeting all of you. Thanks for all your concern. I appreciate it very much. I spent the afternoon ripping off the bumper. Everything behind the bumper is intact. The bumper beam itself is slight dented when the passenger side bracket bolts on. The bracket where the passenger side headlights mounts on buckle up about quarter of an inch, which I wacked it back down straight. I already contacted joe and send him 2 pics. He can do a further inspection and see if I need anything else. So far, I think I am lucky to get away with just a bumper cover.

Car parts can be replace. I am just glad no one got hurt especially that lady.

Other than this "in/accident", I did have a great time. Thanks guys. I am off to Milwaukee for training from the 14th-17th. I will try to get the car to Joe so he can take care of it while I am gone.

Glad to hear that Joe can "buff it out"!! Safe travels!!!

Guys,

It was great meeting all of you. Thanks for all your concern. I appreciate it very much. I spent the afternoon ripping off the bumper. Everything behind the bumper is intact. The bumper beam itself is slight dented when the passenger side bracket bolts on. The bracket where the passenger side headlights mounts on buckle up about quarter of an inch, which I wacked it back down straight. I already contacted joe and send him 2 pics. He can do a further inspection and see if I need anything else. So far, I think I am lucky to get away with just a bumper cover.

Car parts can be replace. I am just glad no one got hurt especially that lady.

Other than this "in/accident", I did have a great time. Thanks guys. I am off to Milwaukee for training from the 14th-17th. I will try to get the car to Joe so he can take care of it while I am gone.

Hey glad to hear everyone was fine but I was just wondering what exactly happened that caused you to damage your front bumper. From the looks of it seems like you lost traction from dirt on the road, spun out, and side swiped your bumper on that cliff wall.

raven,

I believed I hit a patch of wet area on the road that was a result from water leaking down the mountain. I spun out one way, but over-corrected, then spun the other way, try to correct again, but was not able to. the nose of the car went almost perpendicular into the mountain. Good thing is by that time, most of my momentum was lost from spinning. It did not hit the mountain hard enough to cause severe damage.

Anyone have any video footage from yesterday? I would love to see some. I have about 3 minutes of us coming down 218 after we all made the turn around on the gravel road (not fun). It's exremely hard to watch as the camera is not mounted and Karen is getting severely beaten up my my car. In the video I even captured that silver TSX going up the hill opposite us. This is that's car stopped in the road near Bernard in Dave's photo.

506078097_RQeq6-L-1.jpg

506067699_Ci5ES-XL-2.jpg

506095148_e4d3M-XL-2.jpg

506094555_fvfT9-XL-2.jpg

506101250_JbSAj-XL-2.jpg

506109786_k3jAH-XL-2.jpg

506122170_5ho3m-XL-2.jpg

506127126_Pr44e-XL-2.jpg

506132545_hFLrq-XL-2.jpg

506140878_7t3eu-XL-2.jpg

506151838_WhPn3-XL-1.jpg

506151652_Ze6Zd-XL-1.jpg

This thread is getting me all warm and fuzzy!!! Nice turnout btw.

Some pictures of our brief trouble with the law...

cheers

Attachments

• Picture 561.jpg
    Picture 561.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 66
  • Picture 562.jpg
    Picture 562.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 35
  • Picture 563.jpg
    Picture 563.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 34
  • Picture 564.jpg
    Picture 564.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 41
  • Picture 565.jpg
    Picture 565.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 34
  • Picture 566.jpg
    Picture 566.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 33
  • Picture 567.jpg
    Picture 567.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 34
  • Picture 568.jpg
    Picture 568.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 52
  • Picture 569.jpg
    Picture 569.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 37
  • Picture 570.jpg
    Picture 570.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 53
  • Picture 573.jpg
    Picture 573.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 38
  • Picture 576.jpg
    Picture 576.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 28
  • Picture 579.jpg
    Picture 579.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 29
  • Picture 526.jpg
    Picture 526.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 50
  • Picture 528.jpg
    Picture 528.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 54
Man...ya'll do this the week AFTER my car gets shipped??!!! GRRRR...

At least I'm getting a tan over here in SoCal! Woohoo!

Hey, I didn't have my SLR but Karen had her little Elph. Picture quality obviously isn't the best but some of the photos were fun.......

IMG_6588.JPG

IMG_6601.JPG

Through the mirror, not bad

IMG_6611.JPG

John explaining how there wouldn't be an NSX if it wasn't for the CRX!! .. Bailey doesn't look convinced.

IMG_6599.JPG

IMG_6644.jpg

IMG_6650.jpg

The rest of the photos here!!

Last edited:
Guys,

I spoke with Joe. He sent down a flatbed to pick up my car. Its on the way to his shop to check for the damages. I didnt drive it up bcoz I already took the front bumper off. I am crossing my fingers.

Guys,

I spoke with Joe. He sent down a flatbed to pick up my car. Its on the way to his shop to check for the damages. I didnt drive it up bcoz I already took the front bumper off. I am crossing my fingers.
No need to cross your fingers, the car will look minty when Joe's finished with it. Are you having him do the 02+ front conversion?

Oh how I wish I would have joined you guys instead of doing quads with my buddies in P.A. Apparently I underestimated a steep hill and came down hard. Fracturing my humerous. I had surgery and should be fine within 3 weeks. Don't know when Ill be able to whip the nsx again but will hope to be at the next meet. In the meantime these percaseds are GREAT.

RPM, I havent decided if I would go with the 02+ conversion or not. I still have to speak with Joe. I also have some renovation project that's coming up. I may have to go with NA1 nose for now. Plus I just put on the jdm/edm fog lights and my NA1 type-R hood, which survive the accident without a scratch.

Dynamic, sorry to hear about your humerous. Hope you get better soon.

It seems like i'll be getting back into another nsx in the near future gents. i've got that warm fuzzy feeling in my stomach. hope everyone is well.
Des

Back