BBSC 0-60 mph ect at 5 pounds

Hi guys..I was doing some research and came across an old thread on the BBSC 0-60 mph times....

Ive been using mt bell tronics FX2 timer for years on many differant vehicles always at the same location...As well I used the FX2 timer at the drag strip to confirm it's accuraccy numerous times...The 60 ft and 1/6 mph ET and mph are always within a 10th and mph ( very acurate) the 1/4 mile et/mph is within 1.5 tenths and 1.5 mph ( again pretty acurate unit....I would simply do a run and compare the FX2 time to my actual time slip

-My 2003 SRT10 Viper w/ 470 rwhp did 3.9 0-60 and 11.8 at 122 mph on its best of 40runs

-My 1999 RT10 viper w/ 450 rwhp went 4.1 0-60 mph and 12.2 at 121 mph on it's best of 75 runs

-My 2004 C5 ( auto )w/378 rwhp went 4.3 0-60 and 12.6 at 113 mph in it's best of 75 runs

-My supercharged 1998 V6 camaro went 0-60 in 5.8 and14.9 at 95 mph in it's best of 100 runs

Im pretty interested to see what my 1991 BBSC NSX at 5 pounds of boost will run...SS box..

dyno coming soon as well

One thing I would HIGHLY recommend you do before to much playing around and dynoing vehicle is the check which version of the SS box you have. You might just save yourself a big headache and get a different engine management system.

Well...So far Im a lildissapointed but thetre's still hope...

For comparisons sake my friends 100% bone stock 2005 manual NSX ran a 1.9 60 ft and 0-60 in 4.9 and 13.2 at 106 mph 1/4 mile with us both in the car at the same exact lacation and same testing FX2 timer as all the above cars on his third pass...We figured without my 220 pounds of lard he would have clicked a 4.8 0-60 mph and 13.0 at 108 mph 1/4 mile without me in the car but never got around to that test....

5 minutes ago with only me in the car I clicked off a 0-60 mph of 5.3 seconds and a 1/4 mile of 13.5 at 109 mph..60 ft was a 2.15...Dissapointing..YES..But have no fear as my first pass with my 2003 Viper was a 12.7 at 113 mph and with a lil practice I was running 11.8 at 122..So theirs still hope...

BTW..Yes a AEM and pully is on my list but not till I see what the current set up can do on the dyno and with good driving in the 1/4 mile..More times to come soon

OK...Heres the official 1991 NSX 5 pound BBSC/SS box results after 10 more runs...

-60 ft....2.1 ( best I could do trying many differant launching techniques)
-0-60 mph...5.0 seconds
-1/4 mile 13.2 at 112 mph

I had a little over 3/4 of a tank of gas so with a lil under a 1/4 tank of gas Im sure I could get an 13.1 at 113 mph out of her...Then with a 1.9-2.0 60 ft a 12.8-13.0 at 111-113 mph is defiently possible...

Honestly compared to my other cars..Well she's pretty slow...But Im thinking she's only around 330 rwhp right now based on the numbers/weight/gearing...With an AEM and 8 pound pully 400 rwhp is defiently possible and I think she'll get close to 120 mph trapps. Just not sure if I even want her much faster when she's so fun to drive

If I look at this
For comparisons sake my friends 100% bone stock 2005 manual NSX ran a 1.9 60 ft and 0-60 in 4.9 and 13.2 at 106 mph 1/4 mile
and this
OK...Heres the official 1991 NSX 5 pound BBSC/SS box results after 10 more runs...
-60 ft....2.1 ( best I could do trying many differant launching techniques)
-0-60 mph...5.0 seconds
-1/4 mile 13.2 at 112 mph

Then I think you would need to practice a little more :smile:

A BONE STOCK 2005 is NOT making anywhere near 330 RWHP.
In fact, I would be surprised if that 2005 NSX is making 280 RWHP at all.
So I think that with a little practice your BBSC-NSX should be able to undercut that 4.9 seconds quite easily.

So I think that with a little practice your BBSC-NSX should be able to undercut that 4.9 seconds quite easily.

I don't. The BBSC by nature doesn't make peak HP till the top part of the rev band and by then it is time to shift again.
Don't expect to much out of the car down low because of all the extra weight you are carrying.
I CAN'T stress it enough to get a solid, RELIABLE engine management system. You can't risk that big of an investment(engine) by cheaping out on that. You are playing with fire my friend.
BTW, what pulley were you refering to? The pulley on the end of the s/c charger to create more boost?

"OK...Heres the official 1991 NSX 5 pound BBSC/SS box results after 10 more runs..."

Correction "YOUR RESULTS" on YOUR car. With you driving.

Paxton is a great set up. Time proven etc.
But as others have mentioned, there were a few bugs with that set up on an NSX.
AEM seems to be the cure.

Most NSX owners are not really into super low 0-60 times. Not the #1 reason to own an NSX.
I would call Mark and talk things over with him.

Well...So far Im a lildissapointed but thetre's still hope...

For comparisons sake my friends 100% bone stock 2005 manual NSX ran a 1.9 60 ft and 0-60 in 4.9 and 13.2 at 106 mph 1/4 mile with us both in the car at the same exact lacation and same testing FX2 timer as all the above cars on his third pass...We figured without my 220 pounds of lard he would have clicked a 4.8 0-60 mph and 13.0 at 108 mph 1/4 mile without me in the car but never got around to that test....

5 minutes ago with only me in the car I clicked off a 0-60 mph of 5.3 seconds and a 1/4 mile of 13.5 at 109 mph..60 ft was a 2.15...Dissapointing..YES..But have no fear as my first pass with my 2003 Viper was a 12.7 at 113 mph and with a lil practice I was running 11.8 at 122..So theirs still hope...

BTW..Yes a AEM and pully is on my list but not till I see what the current set up can do on the dyno and with good driving in the 1/4 mile..More times to come soon

read the link i posted. If i had a bbsc(which im considering), i wouldn't install it without changing the ss box.
You should go with another ems and an aftercooler.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=970749&postcount=1

If I look at this

and this

Then I think you would need to practice a little more :smile:

A BONE STOCK 2005 is NOT making anywhere near 330 RWHP.
In fact, I would be surprised if that 2005 NSX is making 280 RWHP at all.

You need to really re read what I wrote....Ive drag raced many differant cars since 2000....

ET dosent mean anything...The fact that my BBSC ran 13.2 and my frinds 2005 ran 13.2 dosent mean that they both have 330 rwhp...It just means that his car car hooked a lot better with it's 1.9 60 ft ( stock rims/tires) VS my 2.1 60 ft...( 19 inch rims/rubber band tires)

His car is getting max performance with that 60 ft while my car still as a lot left on the table..With a 1.9 60 ft I will run a 12.8 as oppossed to my 2.1 60 ft and 13.2...

The real story lies in the mph....He trapped 106 mph..Without me in his car that would be 107-108 mph..

I trapped 112 mph..That means my car trapped 4-6 mph higher than his car... 4-6 mph higher trapps requires a trmendous amount of extra HP...Thats why Im around 330 rwhp and he is around 260 rwhp...

Then think about what I was going up against hear..

-a 1991 NSX runs 13.7 at 102 mph with a great driver in great conditions
-a 2005 NSX runs 13.1 at 109 mph with a great driver in great conditions

So I had to make up 7 mph just to be even with him..I did that and then some..I trapped 4-6 mph higher than him...

Another way to explain it is this...YES my BBSC ran 13.2 and my friends 05 ran 13.2...So a NA1 5 pound BBSC is no faster than a 2005 stock NSX..NO...NO...NO

If we ever street raced ( wich we wont) and both started at 60 mph buy 100 miles per hour the BBSC 5 pound NSX would be 3-4 cars in front of the stock 2005.....My 112 mph trapp speed vrs his 106-108 mph trapp speed dictates the true differance in power between the cars

I don't. The BBSC by nature doesn't make peak HP till the top part of the rev band and by then it is time to shift again.
Don't expect to much out of the car down low because of all the extra weight you are carrying.
I CAN'T stress it enough to get a solid, RELIABLE engine management system. You can't risk that big of an investment(engine) by cheaping out on that. You are playing with fire my friend.
BTW, what pulley were you refering to? The pulley on the end of the s/c charger to create more boost?

Yes I was referring to the supercharger pully to create more boost.Since Im only pushing 5 pounds of boost right now. Their is still a lot left on the table as far as boost goes...6-7-8-9 pounds and an AEM will all make a huge differance...

And I couldnt agree more....The way the BBSC NSX makes power I just dont see tremedous results in the 0-60 mph area...It dosent seem like I make boost till the 6000 rpm range....Granted I did hit a 5.0 0-60 ( wich seems pretty stout for a 1991) I think with an 8 pound pulley and AEM I can get that down to the 4.6 range..Still nonthing spectacular...

But in Third gear the BBSC pulls very strong and is why I think I was able to muster the 112 mph trap speed..I only trapped 83 mph in the 1/8 mile....So 3rd gear is where she's at

get some short gears....your on an island, and you like to drag race...with the BBSC it will be ALL the differance:cool: ....you will be amazed at how much your 0-60 time increase.....

FWIW i have one for sale in the market, with Cryo'd guts....

marc

and dont you have a wide 1/2 body :) J/K

You need to really re read what I wrote....Ive drag raced many differant cars since 2000....

ET dosent mean anything...The fact that my BBSC ran 13.2 and my frinds 2005 ran 13.2 dosent mean that they both have 330 rwhp...It just means that his car car hooked a lot better with it's 1.9 60 ft ( stock rims/tires) VS my 2.1 60 ft...( 19 inch rims/rubber band tires)

His car is getting max performance with that 60 ft while my car still as a lot left on the table..With a 1.9 60 ft I will run a 12.8 as oppossed to my 2.1 60 ft and 13.2...

The real story lies in the mph....He trapped 106 mph..Without me in his car that would be 107-108 mph..

I trapped 112 mph..That means my car trapped 4-6 mph higher than his car... 4-6 mph higher trapps requires a trmendous amount of extra HP...Thats why Im around 330 rwhp and he is around 260 rwhp...

Then think about what I was going up against hear..

-a 1991 NSX runs 13.7 at 102 mph with a great driver in great conditions
-a 2005 NSX runs 13.1 at 109 mph with a great driver in great conditions

So I had to make up 7 mph just to be even with him..I did that and then some..I trapped 4-6 mph higher than him...

Another way to explain it is this...YES my BBSC ran 13.2 and my friends 05 ran 13.2...So a NA1 5 pound BBSC is no faster than a 2005 stock NSX..NO...NO...NO

If we ever street raced ( wich we wont) and both started at 60 mph buy 100 miles per hour the BBSC 5 pound NSX would be 3-4 cars in front of the stock 2005.....My 112 mph trapp speed vrs his 106-108 mph trapp speed dictates the true differance in power between the cars

You said you had 19' rims on there and he had stock OEM rims. I bet that has a little to do with it also. I know when I put my stocks on and take the 19' wheels off its a different car feels so much better.

Man, I'm really surprised. He's racing it already. :rolleyes:

Hey now...Im not racing anyone or street racing...

Im going to a pre determined area at 1 AM in the morning where I can see a 1/2 mile in one direction and 3/4's of a mile in another direction..

Im doing single timed events from 0-115 mph...

Ive literally got around 500 runs at this spot and have never had any safety issues...

When I used to "race" it was against 350-800 rwhp cars on the freeway from 70-160 mph...This is what ill never do again....1/4 mile runs....Well I gotta do that man....Cut me just a little slack here..

You said you had 19' rims on there and he had stock OEM rims. I bet that has a little to do with it also. I know when I put my stocks on and take the 19' wheels off its a different car feels so much better.

Yes I agree as well..

With a 1/4 tank vs a full tank I would have ran a 13.1 at 113..

Then with the stock rims a 13.0 at 114

Thyen with a perfect 1.9 launch a 12.7-12.9 is very possible..

But from my perspective thats still slow..

Im currently on the fence as of what direction to take...How much is an AEM/pully/water to air interkooler or air to air interkooler system gonna run me??

Im thinking the car would look awesome with the hood duct and NSX-R wing and a Lambo green paint scheme...I may opt for that before adding more power as taxes are just around the corner

get some short gears....your on an island, and you like to drag race...with the BBSC it will be ALL the differance:cool: ....you will be amazed at how much your 0-60 time increase.....

FWIW i have one for sale in the market, with Cryo'd guts....

marc

and dont you have a wide 1/2 body :) J/K

Yes you are correct...Only the front is the wide body..Ill change my sig If I have enough space

The first thing no mater what is pull the SS box off and put the FIC on.
15,000 later That is what I did. Dont be stupid like me.
was 6PSI 375 at wheels.
wes

The first thing no mater what is pull the SS box off and put the FIC on.
15,000 later That is what I did. Dont be stupid like me.
was 6PSI 375 at wheels.
wes

WOW...Thanks for the info..I didnt realize that engines were blowing with only 6 psi..I thought it was 7 psi and above that blew engines with the SS box and that with only 5 psi I would be safe...

So whats an AEM for an NSX run.....Im scared to even ask because it cost me 2600 for the AEM on my 1999 Viper

"12.7-12.9 is very possible.."

But from my perspective thats still slow..

:rolleyes:

BTW..Im not trying to be a dick with that statement...

But you can literraly buy a 2003 SRT10 Viper for 48K right now that will run 12.1 at 121 dead stock or a 2006 C6Z06 for 54K that will run 11.8 at 124 dead stock...Even a 45K 2008 mustang that will run 12.5 at 115 dead stock these days...

The point is that a high 12 just isnt what it used to be just 4 years ago when their are so may CHEAP high 11 to low 12 cars that can be purchased for less than 55K...

Of course none of them look as exotic as the NSX or handle as well...

How about livestock?

ha ha ha...Sorry..I picke up that term from another site..As to some people stock means no FI/NOS..and to others it means factory stock. So we said dead stock to mean the way it came from the factory..

BTW..The 45K "mustang" is actually considered "livestock"

Back