BBSC 0-60 mph ect at 5 pounds

Marc is right. Out set up is on top end HP. With higher tranny gear like type r, you will hit full boost faster than on longer gear. And I think thats one of the reason why your friend ran faster than you b/c of 6 speed tranny. Also, I dont know if your BBSC has been modified but check on the charged pipe(from SC to TB) That piece is not well engineered and you might have a leak ther thus having just 5 psi instead of 6. And please change your SS box to AEM. :wink:

Last edited:
Man, I'm really surprised. He's racing it already. :rolleyes:

agreed.
He won't be for long since he is more worried about the price of the AEM than he is about the price of a rebuild.:rolleyes:
Snakey, you just DON'T totally grasp how important it is to get that SS box out of there ASAP.:confused:
If you've made so much money buying, wrecking and selling Vipers, take some of that $$ and get the engine management system of your choice(except for SS) and do it right. Why are you risking it?:confused:

ha ha ha...Sorry..I picke up that term from another site..As to some people stock means no FI/NOS..and to others it means factory stock. So we said dead stock to mean the way it came from the factory..

BTW..The 45K "mustang" is actually considered "livestock"

I am almost getting that on my 91 automatic wo NOS Spray....

I noticed you had the chance to get the COMPTECH high BOOST with the MODS you looking to do now...What was so wrong with the CTSC NSX that you were going to buy, that already had some of the mods you have to get now for this setup.....

DId you test drive both and what was your opinion of the two CTSC High Boost vs Low Boost BBSC ? Just curious...

I did what you did and bought one with the MODS in it....Other then a slipping belt at high rpm at times...(fixed now) ,,,,That was my only complaint...

No track...But my Gtech says 0 -60 avg around 4.5 with 19inch tires/18

Automatic avg was around 5.6 with NO SC and 19inch tires---Holding gears manual....with prospeed, headers... weight reduction, etc.......

But that 1.2 sec diff surely feels night and day in both cars....

I thought the auto was fast until I got the SC Manual

I am almost getting that on my 91 automatic wo NOS Spray....

I noticed you had the chance to get the COMPTECH high BOOST with the MODS you looking to do now...What was so wrong with the CTSC NSX that you were going to buy, that already had some of the mods you have to get now for this setup.....

DId you test drive both and what was your opinion of the two CTSC High Boost vs Low Boost BBSC ? Just curious...

I did what you did and bought one with the MODS in it....Other then a slipping belt at high rpm at times...(fixed now) ,,,,That was my only complaint...

No track...But my Gtech says 0 -60 avg around 4.5 with 19inch tires/18

Automatic avg was around 5.6 with NO SC and 19inch tires---Holding gears manual....with prospeed, headers... weight reduction, etc.......

But that 1.2 sec diff surely feels night and day in both cars....

I thought the auto was fast until I got the SC Manual

The Gtech depeding on version is not a very accurate tool...People who have used it at the drags strip have found it to be 3-5 tenths off and 5-10 mph off their actual timeslips...

Their are many much much much more accurate timing gear products available...

Id recommend the FX2 as you can buy them on Ebay now for 40$ ( $300 when new) and it is much more acuurate...

The CTSC 1995 I drove did have more power down low..But I never got to drive it to full boost so I cant really make a great comparison...

I guess the AEM needs to come soon as yhe SS box is a killer...What is the price on the AEM????

Not a salesman nor am I promoting gtech......(the calibration and setup could be off making a faster or slower time)

But for every one person that say its inaccurate its another one that says it is...

Most are only as good as the setup...pitch, weight, wind, road , etc...

I have the latest Gtech Pro...That Got Avg Reviews....

Lets say its off like you say...That means 4.8 - 5.0 times... Thats with out me Launching Hard, going to rev limit....Slip Clutch Or anything.... I am by no means a pro driver....
I have had my share of fast sport cars and bikes, but I consider my self avg....

My opinion of it...Conditions have to be perfect to be accurate...But its the tool I use and go by....for my personal benefit... But I always take an avg of 3 runs....It said my auto ran a 4.9 one time.,.....HEK NO...hahahah

P.S. I live in a rural area that has a private air strip thats closed....

THE NSX SC being able to stick with my m6 nose to nose tells me its fairly accurate.... or leaving the automatic by more then 8 cars or more--give or take a few....

BUt i am not posting to defend my times or debate yours....

I was more curious about the CTSC vs B.... COmp...Since you bought one over the others....

Its been some who have submitted timeslips with NSXes w/O SC near your posted times....

I do have 4.23 gears in my SC and Tq Converter in my automatic.... Both Appeared to make a diff IMO.... (WIth Bigger wheels , I am closer to stock with the gear change)

But I never plan to drag....Just a former BIke Rider....who like to get where I am going safe and quick on my Weekend Excursions...

After all you said it yourself...0 - 60 not as important as 1/4 and trap speed....

I am barely over 80 at times.......and thats when i forget...Let me stop lying..lol....

Last edited:
Science of Speed sells the AEM EMS for about $1700. You might get a few hundred less by shopping around online, but I like them because they are _very_ knowledgeable people.

The AEM F/IC, which is sort of a piggyback that came out pretty recently, is $450 plus the harness- thing is, it was not intended for OBD-I cars. SoS told me they will be testing this unit with an older car to see if they can make it work anyway, and my BBSC will be sitting in a box until they report an answer.

Don't get me wrong, I am willing to pay for quality. I am not willing to pay triple the price for the same quality, for features I probably won't need. If they can make it work, I personally will be ordering an FI/C. If they can't, I'll just shell out the extra cash.

Nick

Take all that money you made wrecking vipers and all and get your self some proper tuning. do a search on all the issues you could have with the SS box.

Take all that money you made wrecking vipers and all and get your self some proper tuning. do a search on all the issues you could have with the SS box.

Ha ha ha...14K isnt a lot of money..LOL..Thats actualy chump change..maybe I could do my floors in my house in a nice wood or tile for 14K...If I was a high roller I wouldnt be driving used NSX's or Vipers..Id be driving a brand new 2008 F430...So the 14K I made went to savings and bills...I wish I could just spend 14K on my car at once...A few people have cash flow like that..Probally the top 10%...Im not one of them...

Yes I am looking into the AEM...1700 is a lot better than the 2600 I paid for the AEM on my Viper....

Not a salesman nor am I promoting gtech......(the calibration and setup could be off making a faster or slower time)

But for every one person that say its accurate its another one that says it is...

Most are only as good as the setup...pitch, weight, wind, road , etc...

I have the latest Gtech Pro...That Got Avg Reviews....

Lets say its off like you say...That means 4.8 - 5.0 times... Thats with out me Launching Hard, going to rev limit....Slip Clutch Or anything.... I am by no means a pro driver....
I have had my share of fast sport cars and bikes, but I consider my self avg....

My opinion of it...Conditions have to be perfect to be accurate...But its the tool I use and go by....for my personal benefit... But I always take an avg of 3 runs....It said my auto ran a 4.9 one time.,.....HEK NO...hahahah

P.S. I live in a rural area that has a private air strip thats closed....

THE NSX SC being able to stick with my m6 nose to nose tells me its fairly accurate.... or leaving the automatic by more then 8 cars or more--give or take a few....

BUt i am not posting to defend my times or debate yours....

I was more curious about the CTSC vs B.... COmp...Since you bought one over the others....

Its been some who have submitted timeslips with NSXes w/O SC near your posted times....

I do have 4.23 gears in my SC and Tq Converter in my automatic.... Both Appeared to make a diff IMO.... (WIth Bigger wheels , I am closer to stock with the gear change)

But I never plan to drag....Just a former BIke Rider....who like to get where I am going safe and quick on my Weekend Excursions...

After all you said it yourself...0 - 60 not as important as 1/4 and trap speed....

I am barely over 80 at times.......and thats when i forget...Let me stop lying..lol....

Sorry I wasnt doubting your times..All the units are pretty reliable to 0-60...It's the 1/8 mile and 1/4 mile where they start getting off..

Your 4.5 is pretty good.....Just makes me wonder how far my car could go if I tune it and add 9 psi with the AEM....Im thinking Ill be mid 4's-low 4's as well... Then I still have that 85 wet shot hooked up and ready to go..Wonder if I could beat my Vipers best of 3.9?????

Wonder what the future will hold...

But atleaste we have the 5 psi SS box BBSC data to compare it to..5.0 to 60 and 13.2 at 112 isnt a horrible start.

Sorry I wasnt doubting your times..All the units are pretty reliable to 0-60...It's the 1/8 mile and 1/4 mile where they start getting off..

Your 4.5 is pretty good.....Just makes me wonder how far my car could go if I tune it and add 9 psi with the AEM....Im thinking Ill be mid 4's-low 4's as well... Then I still have that 85 wet shot hooked up and ready to go..Wonder if I could beat my Vipers best of 3.9?????

Wonder what the future will hold...

But atleaste we have the 5 psi SS box BBSC data to compare it to..5.0 to 60 and 13.2 at 112 isnt a horrible start.

no biggie....wish you well in your pursuit..its addictive..TUNING FOR SPEED

snakey,
do you have a car OTHER than the NSX?

-2001 Lincoln navigator
-2004 Nissan quest
-2005 Jeep...

-2008 F430 ( Ok I wish..LOL)

Please dont say what I think your gonna and tell me not to drive the NSX till I get some alrternate tuning...That thing is FUN

no biggie....wish you well in your pursuit..its addictive..TUNING FOR SPEED

I just talked to the origional owner of my NSX..It seems my NSX has a adjustable TEIN Suspension...

Im gonna make the rear a bit softer for weight transfer and do some more 0-60 mph runs....Ill let off at 70 mph so sorry no more 1/4 mile runs till I get alternate tuning...

Man Im so tempted to open the valve on the throttle operated 85 wet shot I have hooked up and see what she can do 1/4 mile wise...But that would be just asking for engine failure till I get an alternte tuning set up...

One step at a time I suppose..Once I have the BBSC tuned and interkooled at 9 psi..Then Ill start tuning for the 85 shot as well...

That should be all good for 500 rwhp. The problem is...Can these stock blocks handle 500 rwhp????

It never ends........

OK...Heres the official 1991 NSX 5 pound BBSC/SS box results after 10 more runs...

-60 ft....2.1 ( best I could do trying many differant launching techniques)
-0-60 mph...5.0 seconds
-1/4 mile 13.2 at 112 mph

I had a little over 3/4 of a tank of gas so with a lil under a 1/4 tank of gas Im sure I could get an 13.1 at 113 mph out of her...Then with a 1.9-2.0 60 ft a 12.8-13.0 at 111-113 mph is defiently possible...

slow for 5 psi of boost.

my buddies mazda protege at 190 whp put down a 13.5 :biggrin:

he had a response time of the line of 0.01 seconds.:eek:

get that bad boy retuned or work on your launch.

slow for 5 psi of boost.

my buddies mazda protege at 190 whp put down a 13.5 :biggrin:

he had a response time of the line of 0.01 seconds.:eek:

get that bad boy retuned or work on your launch.

Yea I agree....a 112 trapp speed is good for mid to high 12's no problem with traction..I found out from the origional owner that the tein supension is currently set up for road racing/street....

It's a fully adjustable system that seems like it will be easy for me to go ahead and make softer in the rear in a few minutes in order to acheive a better launch..

( i knew somthing had to be up) My buddies 2005 NSX clicked off 4.9-5.1 0-60 and 1.9 60 fts with ease in stock form....So I feel fairly confident that making her a little softer in the rear will help transfer that weight...

I know I shouldnt based on everyones idea of the SS box...But I think Ill just go do some 0-60 mph runs tonight after adjusting the suspension to see were she's at...Ill let off at 70 mph to be somewhat safe..

As well Ive got around a 1/2 tank of gas now...I think I can bust a 4.8

-2001 Lincoln navigator
-2004 Nissan quest
-2005 Jeep...

-2008 F430 ( Ok I wish..LOL)

Please dont say what I think your gonna and tell me not to drive the NSX till I get some alrternate tuning...That thing is FUN

That is exactly what I am going to say. Trust me, just starting the vehicle and taking it down to the grocery store can be fatal or the engine.
PLEASE take the advice and not drive it till you get reliable engine management.
Do you think everyone here that is telling you that is just trying to get you to spend money needlessly??? There is a reason.

That is exactly what I am going to say. Trust me, just starting the vehicle and taking it down to the grocery store can be fatal or the engine.
PLEASE take the advice and not drive it till you get reliable engine management.
Do you think everyone here that is telling you that is just trying to get you to spend money needlessly??? There is a reason.

?????? Why does the BBSC low boost require AEM and the CTSC low doesnt?

Plus, the CTSC doesn't max out the stock injectors, as it delivers its boost down low. The BBSC needs aftermarket injectors, since it delivers its boost up high, and I don't think the stock ECU would handle that on its own.

Nick

OkOkOk...I didnt do any 0-60 mph runs...But I did drive the car and went and got it raised 1.25 inches as the car was scraping every time I hit a decline/incline....

But the cantrell wide body front fenders just dont look good at that height from the profile...So im gonna take her back down a 1/2 inch...Hopefully that will be the best of both worlds.

OkOkOk...I didnt do any 0-60 mph runs...But I did drive the car and went and got it raised 1.25 inches

You do realize that I wasn't stating that you have to be pushing the car hard to experience engine failure right???
Just driving it can lead to disaster.
It doesn't appear that you are to concerned with that though.
BTW, you have really done 290 1/4 mile runs at the track???:eek:

You do realize that I wasn't stating that you have to be pushing the car hard to experience engine failure right???
Just driving it can lead to disaster.
It doesn't appear that you are to concerned with that though.
BTW, you have really done 290 1/4 mile runs at the track???:eek:

Actually a lot more than that....Those are just the runs that I logged with my cars and my FX2 timer...At the actual drag strip that closed down 2 years ago ( only drag strip on our island) I went 1-2 times a week all year long for 5 years..I got 5-10 runs a night...

I dont even wanna guess how many 1320 trips I took down the 1/4 mile in my 1998 camaro or 2004 C5...

This NSX is such a fun car..I just cant stop saying that, no matter how lame it sounds....I cant wait to get the AEM/Headers/pully and go dyno this thing...

400 plus rwhp or broke..Then 500 rwhp with the bottle....Ive never hit 500 rwhp yet ( even in the bolt on vipers)..If I can do it in the 3.0 NSX...Well, I will truly be impressed

Back