Bay Area Christmas Dinner Post #2

I've been around, seen a good amount of your other BFF's. Btw, I think its against the rules to have more than 2 BFF's so choose wisely.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Hey you've been MIA! if you were BFF I'd see you more or at least hear from you! so start showing up! :biggrin:

:biggrin:Thanks Mike for setting this one up.

Carlos for collecting my $$$.

James for distributing the "goods".

and most importantly Yolanda for stepping up to a LSx power plant with her C6 vette.

:tongue:

d_265%5B1%5D.jpg

d_267%5B1%5D.jpg

I want to thank all of you who attended our first Bay Area Chapter Christmas Dinner and your support for the Toys for Tots campaign. I know trhat there will be many children who will have a smile on their face on Christmas morning.

I hope everyone had a great time, I know I did :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Thanks to the following NSX partners for their generous donations which made our Toys for Tots campaifgn a success.

Science of Speed
Driving Ambition
MODE4
Detailing Dynamics
NSX GT
KHrant Enterprises
DownForce
MACH III

Finally, I would like to Thank my partners in crime, Yolanda, Carlos and James for their help in making last nights event a success.

Mike

Last edited:
I would like to thank Mike for pulling this all together. His dedication to this dinner was amazing. From making the arrangements with the restaurant, to working with the vendors to donate the prizes for the raffle, to putting together the gift bags with the help of Yolanda, and even having the thoughtfulness of getting Yolanda the toy 'Vettes to go along with her shiny new real 'Vette. Just be careful, Mike. Everyone knows that the reward for a job well done is more work!

I think, as usual for any event our chapter has held thus far, Yolanda also deserves some props. She and Mike came up with the idea for the gift bags, what to put in them, and then get them all marked up with our logos. She's a true asset to our chapter and a lot of what she does goes unnoticed. Thank you, Yo.

Lastly, and certainly not least, I would like to give thanks to someone who, being a Marine, is probably used to being forgotten for what he does for others. And that man is Bill Barnes. He coordinated with the Marine Corps (reserve?) to get a representative to the restaurant to collect our toy donations to Toys for Tots.

Unfortunately, he arrived a few minutes too late for us to take pictures with him. Dress Blues is, in my opinion, the best looking uniform in the armed forces and we missed a really good photo opportunity: all the toys, the Marine, us and an NSX. We'll have to make sure we get that next time! Yes, there will certainly be a 2nd annual Christmas dinner!

And of course, thanks to everyone who took the time to come out to the dinner. It's always good to see the good friends that I made by just owning such an amazing car. Thanks, everyone.

Merry Christmas (or whatever holiday you celebrate),

J

I've been around, seen a good amount of your other BFF's. Btw, I think its against the rules to have more than 2 BFF's so choose wisely.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I think the one BFF limit still only applies in China.

Last edited:
Need some help guys. Sorry for using this thread but I'm not a very sophisticated user and I didn't know where eles to get some help.

Problem - I cant get a TEST ONLY SMOG shop in the Fremont to figure out how to SMOG test my 95 NSX (Midnight Pearl).
Went to two TEST ONLY stations last week and met some incompetant tecks.

So give me some advise - it must be a TEST ONLY station however.

Thanks

Hands down the best meet that I've been to. Special thanks go out to the entire NorCal Chapter. Hope to see you guys at later events. Now I've got to spread the word that NorCal is better than SoCal (for the first time in history :wink:)... Thanks all.

P.S. Still won't forget about the dinner conversations :biggrin:

Need some help guys. Sorry for using this thread but I'm not a very sophisticated user and I didn't know where eles to get some help.

Problem - I cant get a TEST ONLY SMOG shop in the Fremont to figure out how to SMOG test my 95 NSX (Midnight Pearl).

Thanks

just do a simple search on the norcal threads and you would have found this...

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97898

:biggrin:

Thanks

If u need ur smog test to be "taken" care of PM me I may still have some "connections."

Lastly, and certainly not least, I would like to give thanks to someone who, being a Marine, is probably used to being forgotten for what he does for others. And that man is Bill Barnes. He coordinated with the Marine Corps (reserve?) to get a representative to the restaurant to collect our toy donations to Toys for Tots.

Unfortunately, he arrived a few minutes too late for us to take pictures with him. Dress Blues is, in my opinion, the best looking uniform in the armed forces and we missed a really good photo opportunity: all the toys, the Marine, us and an NSX. We'll have to make sure we get that next time! Yes, there will certainly be a 2nd annual Christmas dinner!

J

+1 and Bill, I am so sorry for not making this acknowledgement at the Christmas Dinner.

Thanks,

Mike

I know I thanked everyone who attended the Christmas dinner in my previous post, but I did not mention the fact that the Marines filled up three big bags of toys. They were many that donated more than one and some even brought in three, four and five toys. Your generosity was overwhelming and exceeded my expectations.

Now you know we have to do this again and make it a tradition for the Bay Area Chapter. So, for the "First Annual NSXCA Bay Area Chapter Christmas Dinner" I would like to see us exceed our accomplishment in 2008 at the Christmas Dinner in 2009.

Happy Holidays to everyone in the Bay Area.

Mike

I would appreciate it if the raffle winners could send me an e-mail letting me know the prize that you won. My e-mail address is [email protected]

Thanks,

Mike

You planning on informing the IRS? :frown:

I wasn't planning on it... do you have something to hide? :biggrin::eek::biggrin:

Back