basch service

ALLAN

Suspended
well, just got to arizona, been here 2 days.everything is great, but then something happens with the nsx clutch. so i bring it to mark basch. i see what you guys mean, he seems to be very nice and personable person. he had several nsx's he was working on. i like him already, and will shortly be giving that supercharger of his a try. i swear though, acura is more expensive to run than the lambo! allan

Originally posted by ALLAN:
i swear though, acura is more expensive to run than the lambo! allan

Hmmm... Don't know about that.. but then again, I don't own either
smile.gif

I am interested to see what you think of the NSX with the SC vs the lambo.

------------------
NetViper -= 100% Stock EBP 2000 Civic Si =- Still looking to get an NSX, but at least I can live life at 8,000 RPM!

its true, ive owned them both about the same period of time, and the acura has been in the shop several times while the lambo none.id say that even with the supercharger the lambo would still beat the nsx, and with the nos on it would kill it. 2 totally different cars though, i love the nsx, but the lambo is my baby.

I like this sentence!!! ...I am planning about a Diablo since 1990
smile.gif
and I'll do my best to buy one in the next 4-5 years (will not substitute the nsx, only an additional toy!
biggrin.gif
).

Which year's your SV ('95-'99)? I see 1992-1993 going for as low as 65k$ here... they are sooo tempting but everybody tell me to buy a 1997+ because they are much more worry-free.

well, im on my 3rd lambo now, and honestly, all three have been maintence free, pretty much just oil changes. the first was a 87 countach, 3 years not one problem. 2nd was a 92 diablo, only problem ever, was the thermostat stuck once. now my 98 sv, so far so good. the earlier cars are fine, as long as all the updates have been performed, although the newer ones are quite a bit more refined and easier to drive. i know of several 91-92 diablos that have gone 100,000 miles with just valve adjustments, oil changes and a clutch in there somewhere. the european diablos are extremely quick also, as they do not have all the added weight for the frame and door supports, and they run those babies with open exhaust. very loud. get one, youll be glad you did.

Allan,

I was looking into a Diablo as well. I am very surprised to hear that service is light. How many miles do you have on yours? Are your minimal services typical, or is your car just one of a few? How much can I expect maintenence to be? This is what has scared me away from Ferrari. Thanks.

[This message has been edited by ck (edited 12 March 2002).]

Your mileage can vary pretty dramatically on the Lambo though... There was a guy in my local area with a Diablo a few years back and I specifically remember him saying that the parts were very high.

If something does go wrong, it can cost you a mint. For example, how much does a clutch run on a Diablo?

parts can be very expensive,i believe a clutch is about 5500 bucks. but it all depends if you know how to drive. my friends sv with nos, with a million dragstrips passes, and top speed runs, still has its original clutch. he has about 40,000km on it. my car has 23000km, original clutch. my countach had almost 70,000 km on it and it had the original clutch. the worst thing about ferraris is their timing belt maintenence. lambos have chains. they are really strong cars, much more so than ferraris in my opinion.

That's good to hear about the Lambos Allan... Hmmmm... maybe someday...
wink.gif

no, my cars are u.s. cars. lambo lists mileage in kilometers for some reason though. i think they stopped that in 2001. i dont know why they do that.

I've always wanted a Lambo but the lack of a dealership or shop to maintain one has always kept me from buying one. Not many Lambo dealers in North Dakota! I guess the farmers would rather dump the 250,000 into a new tractor???
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by PUREVIL (edited 13 March 2002).]

Allen,

Quick question for you. Are Monterey edition SV's desirable? How much do you think a 98 Monterey edition w/15k miles in Pearl white is worth?

Thanks,
Chris

a monterey edition diablo is the same thing as a sv. they just made 20 of them specially for running of the bulls. dosnt al burtoni have the pearl white/red one? i have no idea what a 60k mile service is on a diablo. i think burtoni wants like 180 for the pearl white one? im not sure though. id say 155 ? i dont know.

Back