Balancing Exterior Mods

Last year I purchased DF (stacy) side skirts and DF lip which I haven't gotten around to getting installed. I've been contemplating getting a DF diffusor and R-wing as well. What are your thoughts on doing just the skirt and lips? Will the car have a balanced look or do I need to take care of the rear as well? I realize this is objective but I'm kind of torn, especially on the R wing. I love the stock spoiler--one of the things that always appealed to me about the NSX look. But R wing is aggressive and with the rest of the setup, necessary?

I say keep the spoiler if you are in love with it. I would get the diffuser though to balance it all out. I have their CF front lip, R spoiler, diffuser, side vents all in CF. The Stacy's/DF skirts also but painted of course.

Jeff

Since you have the 04, getting a front lip is basically all you need for the front

get the stacy skirts finishes off the sides

as for the rear, you already have the updated rear valence, so getting the df-r rear diffuser (the one with the bigger fins and longer) along with the nsx-r wing will pretty much finish off the rear

depending on how you want to look, classy or racer, you can make your statement with the wheels and interior

Personally, I don't think the spoiler is really necessary to "balance the look." I would however get the diffuser as the stacy skirts appear to be a bit lower then OEM. The DF diffuser helps balance the skirts. Take a look @ Bat's old car for reference. Notice how the bottom of the diffuser (the fins) align almost perfectly to the bottom of the side skirts.

nsx1107j.jpg

Personally, I don't think the spoiler is really necessary to "balance the look." I would however get the diffuser as the stacy skirts appear to be a bit lower then OEM. The DF diffuser helps balance the skirts. Take a look @ Bat's old car for reference. Notice how the bottom of the diffuser (the fins) align almost perfectly to the bottom of the side skirts.

nsx1107j.jpg

I agree with Synth... you need the rear diffusor to carry the lines the length of the car. As far as the wing goes... thats up to you. I know many folks on here have the wing, but personally it doesnt do much for me.

the R spoiler cuts more into your line of site through the rear hatch,this annoys some drivers......

the R spoiler cuts more into your line of site through the rear hatch,this annoys some drivers......

I was wondering about this--especially given the baseline narrow view. Perhaps you get used to it for awhile? It took me awhile to adjust to the small rear view on the NSX as is, but now it's no big deal. (On the other hand, I never got used to it in an FJ Cruiser and thought it was dangerous).

Looks like the diffusor works well with the side skirts. Also realized that the diffusor and R-wing are quite pricey part--at least more than I expected.

the nsx-r spoiler is useful at night when peoples headlights are blinding :biggrin:

^^^ Amen!! The height of the spoiler blocks the headlights perfectly.

I think just the front and the sides looks great. When I get a chance I will upload mine. I just did the stacy skirts and the matching front lip all from downforce on my 02 today. The fitment was near perfect and there wasn't much need for alterations. I though about a diffuser but not to add to the lines of the car, more cause I thought it looked cool. Being that my car is black, you probably coundn't even see the diffuser.

After having parts sitting in my garage, for well over a year I finally installed the front spoiler, side skirts, rear diffusor and shark antenna. It's been raining hard so I haven't gotten any pics, but I think the car looks much better and more aggressive. Wish I had gotten around to getting it done earlier--feel like driving the NSX so much more now.

I noticed a thin yellow line (color of my vehicle) above the diffusor. I think I read that some people paint this black (to match the color of the diffusor) but I don't feel like messing with the OEM paint. What have you guys done? I guess black would look a lot better.

I also listen to the radio/CD more right now as I don't feel self-conscious having a fishing pole destroy the look of such a sweet car.

Last edited:
You could just use black vinyl from a decal shop and just tape it up.

Honestly, painting the strip on the rear valance is not that big of a deal. For any crazy reason you wanted to paint it back, a competent bodyshop can restore it. I'm usually not an advocate of repaint, but because that section is completely independent of other panels, it's not a big deal. Whereas if you had to paint a fender, bumper, etc.. then you really have to make sure the color match is on point.

Back