Back for round 2. The search begins

Hopefully I can find something like the silver bullet (RIP).

IMG_1653.JPG

Last edited:
That is the picture that sent me looking for the one I bought. I hope you can find another that is just right for you! Best of luck with your search.

That is the picture that sent me looking for the one I bought. I hope you can find another that is just right for you! Best of luck with your search.

Thank you Tom.

Biggest regret was selling that car. Was shocked to see the damage. Such a shame.

So very good to see you back looking! Your NSX has provided much inspiration, not to mention your cheerful + upbeat posts. Hope you have fun looking and a fine time of year to do that! BEST :smile:

Tim i dont like your new avatar put your old one back it may be the last picture of it before its ripped apart. LOL

as for the OP what year are you looking for?

So very good to see you back looking! Your NSX has provided much inspiration, not to mention your cheerful + upbeat posts. Hope you have fun looking and a fine time of year to do that! BEST :smile:

Thanks! I'm looking forward to the new adventures.

Tim i dont like your new avatar put your old one back it may be the last picture of it before its ripped apart. LOL

as for the OP what year are you looking for?

Not quite sure. Have some ideas about years. They all have their benefits. It really boils down to coupe vs T. I'm still on the fence with either.

Thanks! I'm looking forward to the new adventures.

Not quite sure. Have some ideas about years. They all have their benefits. It really boils down to coupe vs T. I'm still on the fence with either.

Jose - after riding in several coupes over this weekend during our meet near you, I actually would say I may prefer them over my T now. Even as a passenger the coupe is noticeably more rigid even in mostly stock form.

Too bad I already sold that steering wheel I bought from you...I could have sold it back to you! :smile: Good Luck on your search.

I vote for the coupe! Something about the early cars (91-93) has always drawn me toward them. I plan to get another once my 3 girls are out of college.

I was always a fan of your original Sebring Silver NSX with the Volks. One amazing looking car.

Thanks! Round 2 is proving to be difficult or maybe I'm just more picky.

I wouldn't call it so much more picky as you are just more seasoned and wise. But as you said to the poster that suggested the 11k early car for 47k - yeah damn right - for that kind of money you should be looking to the 2002 or later or what I refer too as the "NA3". Don't mean to start another semantics debate but it sure is easier to type - NA3 sounds good to me.

That's the best advice you've given yourself - go forward if you can afford it is my advice. If you can go to the "NA3" even if it's had a little body work - a fender replacement or something like that - I wouldn't stray away from it if I could get a good deal! AND of course if there is no frame damage that is. People looking for the pristine, non-wrecked, examples are passing on some good deals imho. That is so typical in other cars that have been around a long time - like some of the older Porsches - body work if done properly is not a concern to the driver and if that provides a bargain then you the buyer ends up ahead!

My buddy here in GA, and I've gotten a huge rash for continuing to use this example, bought a 2004 that had had some body work and it even had a new clutch and had low miles - like between 20 and 30k - for 45K. Now I don't know about you but that's a steal of a deal - sure they don't come along very often - maybe evern rarely but my point should be obvious to a wise old bird like you Austin!

Adios and good luck!

I'm with you! Leaning heavily towards 02+. The pop-ups are still cool with me.

I wouldn't call it so much more picky as you are just more seasoned and wise. But as you said to the poster that suggested the 11k early car for 47k - yeah damn right - for that kind of money you should be looking to the 2002 or later or what I refer too as the "NA3". Don't mean to start another semantics debate but it sure is easier to type - NA3 sounds good to me.

That's the best advice you've given yourself - go forward if you can afford it is my advice. If you can go to the "NA3" even if it's had a little body work - a fender replacement or something like that - I wouldn't stray away from it if I could get a good deal! AND of course if there is no frame damage that is. People looking for the pristine, non-wrecked, examples are passing on some good deals imho. That is so typical in other cars that have been around a long time - like some of the older Porsches - body work if done properly is not a concern to the driver and if that provides a bargain then you the buyer ends up ahead!

My buddy here in GA, and I've gotten a huge rash for continuing to use this example, bought a 2004 that had had some body work and it even had a new clutch and had low miles - like between 20 and 30k - for 45K. Now I don't know about you but that's a steal of a deal - sure they don't come along very often - maybe evern rarely but my point should be obvious to a wise old bird like you Austin!

Adios and good luck!

Back