AWD Talon vs Supercharged C5

95EagleAWD said:
Mitsu's in the hole, that's for sure... but their older cars are nice. The old turbo Galants are pretty sweet, and the 1st and 2nd gen Eclipses are easily the cheapest cars to make fast.

And I'd have no problems dragging against his 91 blk/blk. :)

I had a Galant VR4-, personally its the uglyest car in the world. Going next to some hot rod in a 4 door 300+hp sleeper and the look on his face when I pulled 1-2 cars on him, priceless. Ive only had a few run in's like this.

Major pain in the ass: Transmissions are garbage/Crank problems is a issue for 4g63's... AWD launch is nasty tho!

1gen eclipses are so much better than the 2nd gens, if i do recall.

95EagleAWD said:
6 point turn into a driveway?

Surely you exaggerate.

If you have to make a 6 point turn anywhere... maybe you just need to learn how to drive. I drive 18 ton armoured trucks for a living, and have never had to pull a 6 point turn.

Eclipse Spyder? It's FWD. You need an AWD DSM to appreciate them (IMO) If you find yourself in a tight spot, rev it and dump the clutch. That'll spin you around on the spot... :wink:

Yes I was "exaggerating" however the car did have a vary large turning radius that made the car a pain to drive....

and "dumping the clutch" to maneuver your car sounds like something a cop would love to give you a ticket for.

95EagleAWD said:
The silver one on the bottom dyon'd 593 AWHP and 507 ft-lb at 23 psi and no nitrous... and runs 10.8-10.9 at 138 mph. .

For now it does...only until you hear the "boom"! and then its all over....untill you spend more money and time to build another engine...:wink:

rickysals said:
you're judging DSM's based on 5% of a certain model. Manual GSX's are very rare.

now, i'm not biased, as I have loved eclipses (97-99) for a very long time.

however, on this stage I wouldn't talk about how nice they are with NSX's around... ya kno?

and yea they're fast dude. thats great... but all u need for speed is money and a tech. it's not that big of a deal.

enjoy the DSM...

I'd never compare a DSM to an NSX. Completely different cars. I'm selling my DSM for an NSX, so that's how I feel about them..

Money and a tech? Bah. Tech = waste of money. With DSMs anyways. I maintain and tune my DSM all be myself.

And yes, Manual, AWD DSMs, in my opinion, are the only one's that count. :cool:

95EagleAWD said:
It's been running those numbers for a while now...

How long is "a while"?

Speed is only one factor to judge a car by ...the Ford Taurus SHO is faster than a lexus GS 300...does that make it a "better" car?..no it just makes it faster....if speed were all that mattered many cars would have been far more successful IE, DeTomaso pantera,Ford contour SVT,Lotus esprit turbo..and so on, all these cars are "fast" but still junk as far as reliability and quality of construction.

If speed is all that is important and you do not have big $ to spend than obviously you have the right car with the DSM.

Back