AWD Talon vs Supercharged C5

I can nether confirm nor deny that Mitsubishis suck A$$ at this time:wink:

Would I personaly buy one???....no way ever in a million years!!.....

Mitsu's in the hole, that's for sure... but their older cars are nice. The old turbo Galants are pretty sweet, and the 1st and 2nd gen Eclipses are easily the cheapest cars to make fast.

And I'd have no problems dragging against his 91 blk/blk. :)

Elite said:
It NEVER ends!!! :eek: :frown: :wink: :biggrin: ... Thats the series of emotion whe you own a DSM.:biggrin:
Do they just live to see this light up on the dash?
rx70va.png

;)

Ryanmcd2 said:
I have a evo 2003 with 38k on it and many mods. The DSM are POS's and you know it.

If I knew it, I wouldn't be driving one.

I don't have any problems with my Talon. How do you figure they're POS' anyways? You have the same engine and drivetrain in your car.. :confused:

I expected the people with inflated egos, and little or no DSM knowledge to post in this thread.

It's a bummer more people can't appreciate a fast car. Then again, the people talking shit here have probably never owned one. Cheers.

Running 10's, not bad. Fun cars to wrench on but those AWD tranny leaks got old. If you want fast here's my buddy in Arizona with his street driven Supra:

8.99@164

Nik

I work on mitsu all the time and they are by far the worst japanese car made.

there is a reason the mitsubishi is regarded as the 60k car by every tech I heve ever met ...even techs that have worked for mitsu.

nik3sgte said:
Running 10's, not bad. Fun cars to wrench on but those AWD tranny leaks got old. If you want fast here's my buddy in Arizona with his street driven Supra:

8.99@164

Nik

Hey I was there that night. The supra is SICK. I was really scared for him though. He almost slammed into the wall. I was was running the Nitrous van that night. Next time you're out there look for a rental car with Nitrous in it and that'll be me.

And to keep this post related to the topic. My friend has a 93 Talon with a EVO engine swap with a turbo and it does 13's. But its ugly as hell and I'd never want to drive one.

Boost Lee said:
I expected the people with inflated egos, and little or no DSM knowledge to post in this thread.

It's a bummer more people can't appreciate a fast car. Then again, the people talking shit here have probably never owned one. Cheers.

Blah...Blah...Blah...I do appreciate a fast car my 91 NSX :wink:.Owned a couple of them DSM's a 92 and a 95 TSI AWD been to a couple DSM Shootouts in Norwalk Ohio saw a handfull of DSM's blow up, break, crash and burn. My 95 ran 12.5's@110mph back in 97 and spent most of the time in the shop. Been to Dave Buscher's shop bought tons of stuff from Hahn Racecraft,Archer Bros Racing and Buscher Racing...know those guys...Bottom line is you can pick one up cheap 2-5 grand slap a big turbo on it turn the boost up and wait for the explosion. :biggrin:

Don't confuse looks with speed. Your NSX was phenominal over a decade ago. Today, it can barely compete with a $20,000 Neon.

"Bottom line is you can pick one up cheap 2-5 grand slap a big turbo on it turn the boost up and wait for the explosion." I think it's safe to assume why your car was always in the shop.

Woons car is a mean bitch. I see he finally came to his senses and bought an Evo.
lolroll5uw.gif

Regards
Brian

jordansx said:
And to keep this post related to the topic. My friend has a 93 Talon with a EVO engine swap with a turbo and it does 13's. But its ugly as hell and I'd never want to drive one.

I find that hard to belive.

EVO 4G63s rotate the opposite way than the 4G63s that are found in DSMs. It would take a ton of work to make it function properly (or you'd have a goofy tranny with 5 reverse and one forward gear :eek: )

13s aren't fast for a modded DSM either. Mine's on stock internals, EVO III Turbo, exhaust mani, o2 housing, 3-inch exhaust, and a front-mounted intercooler. I just need bigger injectors to be able to turn the boost up and should have no problems running low 12s, high 11s.

If you run 25 pounds of boost in these things, you have to support it. Fuel and air mods are essential. You shouldn't just crank the boost and "wait for the explosion"... :wink:

95EagleAWD said:
If you run 25 pounds of boost in these things, you have to support it. :

yeah But why would you want to?..after you do all this work you still have a POS Mitsubishi...:rolleyes:

If It looks like a POS and It feels like a POS then....well you know the rest...

There is a good reason they have to give these cars away with 0$ down,0% interest financing....and no payments for 28 years.....

zahntech said:
yeah But why would you want to?..after you do all this work you still have a POS Mitsubishi...:rolleyes:

If It looks like a POS and It feels like a POS then....well you know the rest...

There is a good reason they have to give these cars away with 0$ down,0% interest financing....and no payments for 28 years.....

My POS Mitsubishi will rape anything else on four wheels at the drag strip running 25 pounds of boost. :rolleyes:

you guys aren't going to convince people who have way nicer cars that the DSM is worth it...

if you like em, then keep driving and fixing them. Each person here who has an NSX can also afford to spend 5,000 on a used GSX and throw $20,000 in mods to make it faster than hell...

but they chose not to... their decision is made. so is yours...

this thread sucks

I remember going to torrance for Acura training and my rental car was a 95 or 96 Eclipse spyder...man what a pile...the turning radius was so big that you had to make a 6 point turn to pull into a driveway...pathetic Automobile...

zahntech said:
I remember going to torrance for Acura training and my rental car was a 95 or 96 Eclipse spyder...man what a pile...the turning radius was so big that you had to make a 6 point turn to pull into a driveway...pathetic Automobile...

6 point turn into a driveway?

Surely you exaggerate.

If you have to make a 6 point turn anywhere... maybe you just need to learn how to drive. I drive 18 ton armoured trucks for a living, and have never had to pull a 6 point turn.

Eclipse Spyder? It's FWD. You need an AWD DSM to appreciate them (IMO) If you find yourself in a tight spot, rev it and dump the clutch. That'll spin you around on the spot... :wink:

rickysals said:
you guys aren't going to convince people who have way nicer cars that the DSM is worth it...

That's not my point... All I'm trying to say is you can make a DSM mad-fast...

Looks like a POS?

I don't think so... here's a couple badass lookin' cars...

DSC00525.jpg

profrontside1.jpg

The silver one on the bottom dyon'd 593 AWHP and 507 ft-lb at 23 psi and no nitrous... and runs 10.8-10.9 at 138 mph. Not bad for a POS, eh? Street legal, too, I might add.

95EagleAWD said:
6 point turn into a driveway?

Surely you exaggerate.

If you have to make a 6 point turn anywhere... maybe you just need to learn how to drive. I drive 18 ton armoured trucks for a living, and have never had to pull a 6 point turn.

Eclipse Spyder? It's FWD. You need an AWD DSM to appreciate them (IMO) If you find yourself in a tight spot, rev it and dump the clutch. That'll spin you around on the spot... :wink:

you're judging DSM's based on 5% of a certain model. Manual GSX's are very rare.

now, i'm not biased, as I have loved eclipses (97-99) for a very long time.

however, on this stage I wouldn't talk about how nice they are with NSX's around... ya kno?

and yea they're fast dude. thats great... but all u need for speed is money and a tech. it's not that big of a deal.

enjoy the DSM...

Back