Austin NSX Meet

Hello fellow Texans!

After last Saturday's meet, we talked about getting together again. Here's the plan:

Date: Saturday, October 25, 2003
Time: Noon
Place: missnsx's place in Round Rock*

*missnsx: Does this still work for you? If so, we'll bring food and drinks; Just let us know if you have any suggestions.

Also, who has suggestions for a drive afterwards?

EDIT: Updated time.

Last edited:
Tentatively pencil me in, if work dies down a bit I ought to be able to make it then. As for a drive, what's the goal? Hill country, lake views, etc? We could take 620 down to Travis, then cruise around the north side of the lake - could also come down 1431 and hit Lago Vista/Jonestown.

hey guys- Sat 10/25 @ noon sounds great.
I couldnt find my grill the other day when I was searching the garage, apparantly my ex decided to take it with him back to Iowa. I might just go ahead & buy another cheapo grill or could prob. borrow the neighbors if need to. Let me get back to you on lunch, as far as drives...anywhere is fine with me. I finally got new tires so I'm ready to go!

I've never been on it, but I've heard 2769/Lime Creek Road is THE road. So, 620 to 2769/Lime Creek Road to 1431 to Jonestown or Lago Vista (as burbel suggested) looks good. Something like this...

Attachments

• nsx-drive-lime-creek-suggestion.gif
    nsx-drive-lime-creek-suggestion.gif
    54.6 KB · Views: 771
Last edited:
Hey guys, make sure and save some energy for the TWS on Nov. 16th. We are trying to get the Houston guys together for a group drive out there and then a meet with fellow NSXer's. :)

Just want to put one comment in on 2769 - I don't know how strong your stomachs are, and what the tolerance is for a windy road drive. :)

When I went down that road with a friend in my LeBaron convertible, we were fine. When we went down it in my Trans-Am, she got sick at the end.

When I went down it myself in my NSX, I got sick in the middle. 8P

Admittedly, we don't need to push it or anything, but for anyone with aftermarket suspension, it'll get to ya!

Lime Creek Road is definitely the one to do. I can't get tired of that one. Another fun road is Spicewood Springs road between 360 and 183 but it's pretty short. And there are many choices other than 183/620 in between.

Hopefully I'll be able to make it that weekend, sounds like it's going to be fun!

I've never been on lime creek road, I've only heard stories. At any rate, I'm ready to see it for myself :). Should be lots of fun on the Teins.

-Terry

That'll be cool; I thought I was the only one in Austin with the TEINs. Looking forward to it, hopefully I can drag a few other folks along with us.

I really like Spicewood Springs Road north of 360, as well. Another shorty, but goodie is City Park Road from 2222 to Emma Long Park. I think you can see Michael Dell's house (appropriately located on top of a big hill) from that road. At least I've been told that's his house.

NSX FoYoAss, don't worry... No chance we'll run out of energy :) Just keep us up-to-date regarding your plans for that weekend.

burbel and ghewgill: You guys have to make it... 3 silver NSXs would be so sweet. :D

EDIT: Bad spelling.

Last edited:
That spicewood springs road is pretty decent... i live rite around there. The only probably mite be for lowered vehicles, i think at even moderate speeds u'll bottom out on some of the dips and bumps, maybe even the stock cars mite bottom out. Lime creek is definately THE road to take. From what i remember i think some parts of it got great views.

oooh yea also... burbel u have to make it out... i'm really curious how those teins ride cuz i think i'm interested in buying a set. Are u happy with them ?

man sorry bout posting so many times... but would u guys mind if I brought a couple friends? I haven't seen both in a while and they are both car nuts... one owns an integra that used to be turboed ( he was on lime creek with me a couple yrs back) and the other has a crazy built turbo integra but i heard he just bought David's comptech widebody turbo nsx. I haven't been able to reach him yet but HENRY if your on this board message me or call me!!!!!!!

RON

Since no one's objected yet... I think it would be fine to bring your friends along. Especially if one of them is the owner of this beast!

So far we have: missnsx, NSX ATX, switched, Ojas
Maybe/probably: burbel, ghewgill

I'm in for meeting, but I'm going to have to decline the road trip. I don't mind anybody else showing up. The more the merrier!

Wish I could make it...next time, have a wedding to attend.

Lime Creek is a fun road, have only driven it towing a boat but always wanted to take the NSX out there.

it's so wierd how i've been running into owners left and right. I was at sam's and i saw another black on black 91-93 model with fikse wheels, cross drilled rotors, and comptech? exhaust. i waited for him in the parking lot because i knew he couldn't have been buying a lot of stuff with that car there. When he finally came out i talked to him and found out that he's not a member of prime (yet) and he lives in my neighborhood! haha anyways, I invited him out to our little meeting and prime and he said he would check out this forum and possibly meet us up. He's also the owner of Hanover's in pflugerville, it's a bar with live music and bbq, he invited us to come by anytime and possibly make it a little hang out. possibly a next meet over there?? ah well just wanted to let you guys know.....

missnsx, can we get directions to your place?

As far as food goes, let's sign-up here so we don't bring duplicates (sorry, I meant to post this earlier):

I'll bring the soda pop and chips, dip, salsa, etc.

Location and directions

switched, burbel, ghewgill: I just sent you an email with location and directions.

NSX ATX, PorknBeanz: I just sent you a PM with location and directions.

See you tomorrow!

I'll plan on hitting HEB and picking up some hamburgers on the way (probably an 8 pack or so) - I might also get some hotdogs and buns.

What else is needed?

Brian, if you take care of the burgers, I'll get the hot dogs and hot dog buns. Otherwise I'm not sure we need anything else.

I'm guessing that the grill will have charcoal or be gas. If not I'll get a bag of charcoal if that's needed.

Back