ASCC "broken" leaving DET Auto Show!?

I went to the Chicago Auto Show yesterday and anxiously made my way to the Acuras to see the ASCC - but I didn't see it anywhere. I asked an Acura rep where it was and he told me that it was damaged leaving the Detroit show due to the cold weather and the clay structure! :eek: I didn't know if he was kidding or not so while chatting a bit I made him aware that I was an NSX owner - but he didn't recant the story! Has anyone heard anything about this?

He also said that the value of NSXs has gone up 15% :biggrin:

I went to the Chicago Auto Show yesterday and anxiously made my way to the Acuras to see the ASCC - but I didn't see it anywhere. I asked an Acura rep where it was and he told me that it was damaged leaving the Detroit show due to the cold weather and the clay structure! :eek: I didn't know if he was kidding or not so while chatting a bit I made him aware that I was an NSX owner - but he didn't recant the story! Has anyone heard anything about this?

He also said that the value of NSXs has gone up 15% :biggrin:

I haven't heard anything like that and if it was clay they did an excellent job disguising it. It seemed like metal to me:confused:

I haven't heard anything like that and if it was clay they did an excellent job disguising it. It seemed like metal to me:confused:

It's amazing isn't it? I've seen it done on discovery channel or somewhere. They lay a thin sheet of something over the entire surface and paint it normally. That's why the windows are usually black too. I can imagine the ASCC just crumbling into little clay pieces all over the floor. Hey Acura - that could be a sign! :tongue:

opt1171831106v.jpg

Its probably Honda's way of saving face so they never have to show that piece of crap ever again.-- Joe

lol very nice, i hope next time they show something better, much better and with MR layout. they had a poll on ASCC page i hope most people said no to ASCC.

Its probably Honda's way of saving face so they never have to show that piece of crap ever again.

-- Joe

I agree. They should just donate the clay to a kindergarten class and let those kids design a car. Heck, even the Flinstone's car looked better than the ASs Clown Car.

Back