Are Prime Members Ferrari Lurkers?

I am a member of LotusTalk and will be buying an Exige S240 or an Evora in (I hope) 2011.

what's your username over there? I had briefly considered the Evora as well when the '04 NSX I bought showed up. It will be alot more user-friendly as a DD than the Elise/Exige. It will be in a very similar niche as the NSX: 300 hp, 3000 lbs, ME V6, except w/ 2 tiny jump seats in the back. I'm anxious to see (and drive) one. The S240 isn't street legal, for the money the 2-11 is a faster track-only car.

I will NEVER sell my NSX, unless some financial tragedy looms, and if so, it'll be the last thing to go. :rolleyes:

Id say its safe to say that if you are not selling it now that you should be good for a lifetime!

Same as here - 9doors. (boring, I know. :wink:)

As for the Evora, They just announced EU pricing and options yesterday. Including a 2+0 configuration.

There's a bit of info on the awaited SC version here which is what I'd be waiting for.

As for the Exige. The 240 is street legal. (so is the 260). The Cup 255 and (as you mention) the 2-eleven are track cars.

Evora pics, FYI:

Attachments

• 2008 07 22 - London - Lotus Evora 200.jpg
    2008 07 22 - London - Lotus Evora 200.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 69
  • 2008 07 22 - London - Lotus Evora 144.jpg
    2008 07 22 - London - Lotus Evora 144.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 65
  • 2008 07 22 - London - Lotus Evora 324.jpg
    2008 07 22 - London - Lotus Evora 324.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 40
  • 2008 07 22 - London - Lotus Evora 399.jpg
    2008 07 22 - London - Lotus Evora 399.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 73
Id say its safe to say that if you are not selling it now that you should be good for a lifetime!

Yes, I'm quite lucky right now. The company I work for is privately held and is still a strong performer in this economy (thus far). Even better the recent income from my farm has allowed be to buy a Type-S shifter, a Type-R shift boot, and the extended thread shift stalk from SOS this week. :biggrin:

Lol sounded like you were calling F-chat lurkers bushwackers.:tongue: BTW ,I think there are more non F-car owners blabbering on F-Chat than non nsx owners on prime.I think the owners/non owners/dreamers coexist better on prime than over at F-Chat:wink:

I'm an NSX Prime lurker, but I also lurk on other websites as well. Just to see what's going on around the communities.

I lust for a lot of cars... because I can't afford to own 20 at one time. I see no problem with lurking... as long as you're not doing it for trolling reasons. :biggrin:

I'm a lurker on almost every site there is.. haha. It started off with honda-tech which got me interested in S2000's then it was S2ki.com. After selling the S2K I started lurking all the corvette forums, caymanclub, 6speed, evo's, Sti's, and now I'm on nsxprime.

I love cars and when my time and money allows me to afford "exotics" I'll be over there lurking their forums. But for now I'm excited as hell to get my first nsx.

Always dream of owning a F40 or a F50; but after currently owning two flawless NSX, i'd changed my mind. Why buy a Fcar when you can have the $$$ well spent. Would like to set in one, like i did before, but will not purchase one tho.

I'm on F-chat as well as a dozen or so other sites! I've owned many cars but never a Ferrari...would love to before I die of course like all guys but just not the right time in this current state of economy.

Would I sell my nsx for one, probably not - would make a good edition to the NSX one day.

I firmly believe you need at least 4 cars +1 bike in your stable:

Daily Driver - Bike
Convertible - s2000
SUV - ML
4-seater sedan - Sold my m3 so looking right now...
Exotic - NSX

Guess I can add one more category...hee
Superexotic one day - ? haha

Nothing wrong with lurking, that's how you learn about a car. I also agree there's probably more nsx lurkers than nsx owners on this site but who cares! I was a lurker for a long time here b4 I bought mine :)

rick

I tend to enjoy things that have a long shelf life...like my NSX and my horses - say what you want about Ferraris and Lamborghinis...they end up in the shop...do not take to having loads of miles put on them - and are very expensive to take care of:frown: - The only North American equivalent to a Ferrari and a Lamborghini is a Cadillac...they are always in the shop and are somewhat expensive to take care of (because the faults in the car are mind blowing...lol)...but at least you can put a couple of hundred thousand miles on them...lol. My point to all of this - is that a great deal of NSX owners could care less if they ever own another exotic sports car...for they are quite refined in their tastes and the car is quite refined in its abilities.

Dam :cool:

I also don't like the term 'lurker' ... but I use to be a poser!

I owned a beautiful Daytona replica (not a McBurnie Miami Vice kit), so I've enjoyed watching my neighbors freak out at the site of that car. Most weren't educated enough to identify it as a replica...

I sold that car and used the proceeds to purchase my NSX = couldn't be happier!

Would I buy a real Ferrari? I like 'em, but I won't drink the red koolaid

Attachments

• ferrari_365_daytona_v5_cropped_web.jpg
    ferrari_365_daytona_v5_cropped_web.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
A buddy of mine told me that an individual on Ferrarichat.com stated that a great deal of Nsxprime members are Ferrari lurkers...I for one find the word "lurker" offensive. Am I the only one who hodls a great loyalty to the NSX? I realize that people do move on to other vehicles...but to assert that us members would rather have a Ferrari than an NSX is wrong. I for one would never own one...if I had the extra capital to openly afford one...I would spend it on a number of other interests and loves...the NSX fullfills my exotic car needs...especially the modded ones! :redface:

Here in Calgary, my car is actually more rare than any Ferrari...lol...way too funny.

Dam:cool:

I love my nsx and I can never argue the memories Ive had with it, the reliability or the ease of ownership but I will always love Ferrari. Soon enough, Ill have a stable for both of them.

Re: mutual admiration...

+1
I am on Fchat, 6spd online, viperalley, supraforums, ZO6vette , lambo-power, honda-tech, e46fanatics blah blah I like cars regardless of Make. Not all the owners on each forum are tools but there are on each forum including PRIME. In many ways prime, is the slowest forums site I participate in. I have met diff forum members in different parts of the world and they are more or the same as many NSX owners>>> CAR PEOPLE

-g-

I agree with Gil here and YES I am on F-chat, but mostly 90% of time in the Lambo section as that will prolly be my next car.

I think the owners/non owners/dreamers coexist better on prime than over at F-Chat:wink:

just my .02, opinions are like aholes, everyone has one... but my experience on Ferrari boards has never been short of excellent. Prime is an awesome site and an extremely resourceful place for information and research but many times I see bashing on this site that I would only expect to hear and see from children, not adults.

I have an account there also that I subscribed to. Theres a lot of nice people there and just like any other forum there are snobs or jerks. I have not been on F chat in a long time and my membership expired already.

Oh snap!

I own a Ferrari 01 360 Spider and just sold my cream puff 91 NSX.
Humm. I am the same person regardless of which car I have.

My babies...

attachment.php

I've been to F-chat a few times... usually through links posted here or on other forums. I've never actually gone to the site primarily.

I've got way too many other hobbies, forums, and blogs that already take up more of my free time (and money) than I have.

AVSforum, MartinLogan owners, TimeZone, Watchgeeks, Acura-Legend, etc...

i think it is funny how they complain about nsx cabin layout yet when you look at that comparo now, the lotus and ferrari interiors have aged badly, very 80's. honda retains that neutral tone.

i think it is funny how they complain about nsx cabin layout yet when you look at that comparo now, the lotus and ferrari interiors have aged badly, very 80's. honda retains that neutral tone.

funny, I was thinking exactly the same thing...(my friend has a turbo 4 Esprit)

Back