Apple doctors photo evidence of lawsuit against Samsung

That could be said for any phone. That is the natural direction of progression in technology. Again, apple is discouraging innovation through competition. What would you want your touch screen phone to look like? A triangle maybe?

It's very hard to create new and innovative design when the technology inside these devices drives size and form factor. In all markets, whether it be mobile devices, tablets/slates, televisions...the biggest selling points are size/clarity of screens and size! Thin is in, and with form following function, there's not much room for design differentiation.

Apple just happens to introduce competitive products before other companies. If Samsung, HTC and Motorola want to be competitive, they have to use similar internal components.

Apple seems to always think they "own" innovation. I'm starting to get sick of it :mad:

Natural progression? Too difficult to be innovative? Are you guys serious? Apple innovates far more than Google. Just look at Google's 3rd attempt into social networking with Google+. It's a direct copy of Facebook. Competition is great but not when you are plainly stealing the intellectual property of those who have spent millions of dollars & hours doing R&D on new products. Why else do you think counterfeit Nike's get pulled off the market?

Aside from their search, maps, and email, Google hasn't innovated anything in a while.

Natural progression? Too difficult to be innovative? Are you guys serious? Apple innovates far more than Google. Just look at Google's 3rd attempt into social networking with Google+. It's a direct copy of Facebook. Competition is great but not when you are plainly stealing the intellectual property of those who have spent millions of dollars & hours doing R&D on new products. Why else do you think counterfeit Nike's get pulled off the market?

Aside from their search, maps, and email, Google hasn't innovated anything in a while.

Don't get me wrong...Apple is an amazing innovator. All other companies strive to create designs as successfully executed as Apple's devices. From a design perspective, nothing compares to Apple's attention to detail.

I'm saying, now that the size of components are driving design...it's hard to differentiate physically.

Don't get me wrong...Apple is an amazing innovator. All other companies strive to create designs as successfully executed as Apple's devices. From a design perspective, nothing compares to Apple's attention to detail.

I'm saying, now that the size of components are driving design...it's hard to differentiate physically.

Apple isn't suing due to similarities in size. The OS, packaging, and UI is a direct copy of the iPhone & iPad. Just look @ the drastic transformation their previous gen phones and tablets undertook.

Yeah, but copying is copying. Microsoft Win 7 phone uses similar components and is a similar size to the iPhone. But Microsoft didn't feel the urge to copy Apple's intellectual property. Same with webOS. Apple is suing Samsung because the copying was too close - otherwise known as infringement. If Palm and Microsoft could find a way to innovate without stealing from Apple why couldn't Google and Samsung? Heck, Google even stole from Oracle too. So much for "do no evil".

http://macdailynews.com/2011/08/23/...ovie-as-prior-art-against-ipad-design-patent/

Whew. Samsung is really desparate. So, following their logic Gene Roddenberry holds the prior art patent for cell-phone communicators, Arthur C Clarke owns satellites and Flash Gordon owns rocket ships.

Hey Samsung... Prior art has to be real products for sale. Not imaginary science fiction.

Furthermore, the monitors that the 2001 astronauts were watching weren't necessarily computers, these were just showing video content from Earth.

SMH, even I think that is a lame defense.

I knew you would post that jack. You know a lot of the patents that apple got are pure bs, and some of them was around before apple even patented it. I honestly did not read through the whole thing, but the one thing that stood out was the photo gallery. So wait? Google is not allowed to have thumbnails in the gallary app so I can choose which photo I want to see? That is pure BS, even digital cameras use this method. Apparently palm pre and palm treo had this before the iphone did, and for the large central home button, the lg parada had it back in 2006.

Apple is definitely out of control. With Jobs gone, Apple will not stand a chance.

I knew you would post that jack. You know a lot of the patents that apple got are pure bs, and some of them was around before apple even patented it. I honestly did not read through the whole thing, but the one thing that stood out was the photo gallery. So wait? Google is not allowed to have thumbnails in the gallary app so I can choose which photo I want to see? That is pure BS, even digital cameras use this method. Apparently palm pre and palm treo had this before the iphone did, and for the large central home button, the lg parada had it back in 2006.

Apple is definitely out of control. With Jobs gone, Apple will not stand a chance.

No they aren't. If you are the first to incorporate swipe gestures or the layout of your OS, then you should be given a patent on that. Especially when its more intuitive than whatever the next guy is attempt to put out. If WP7 could be different from iOS, why couldn't Google/Android? I'm not going to support laziness and a lack of innovation.

Last edited:
38-e477672bb5.jpg

39-3a9d9f9f57.png

Sorry but thats pretty blatant on Samsung's part.

I guess it was a good thing HP failed with the Touchpad or else they would've been next.... notice the rectangular box and the simple packaging.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 188
  • photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    22 KB · Views: 188
Samsung would never copy Apple....right?

http://www.reddit.com/tb/kr14a

http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/12/apple-granted-injunction-against-samsung-in-australia-no-galaxy/

Among the many battlegrounds in the legal spat between Samsung and Apple, the case filed down under has had some of the most action. Just over a week ago, Apple wanted nothing to do with Samsung's attempt to settle the suit. Today, the crowd in Cupertino is glad that they rebuffed Sammy's overtures, because the Federal Court in Australia granted Apple's injunction barring the Galaxy Tab 10.1 from appearing in Aussie stores. That means that Sammy's svelte slate will not be for sale (legally, anyway) in Australia unless it can convince the court that its tablet doesn't infringe Apple's patents at trial. You've won this battle, Apple, time will tell if you win the war.

I gotta give it to you, based on those links, the similarities are definitely shocking. I wonder why Samsung has to resort to this type of strategy? They make awesome hardware and honeycomb is nothing like IOS to be honest with you.

I think part of it must be culture--maybe it's completely fine and acceptable to copy your competitors in some parts of the world. Kind of like the clone Apple stores in China. Even when the copying is super blatant, they probably don't see what's wrong with it (other than the fact that people seem to be holding it against them). But when a company is global, local and global cultures can clash. What's unfortunate is the Samsung designers probably just did what their bosses wanted--even though they are fully capable to making pretty awesome designs on their own.

I gotta give it to you, based on those links, the similarities are definitely shocking. I wonder why Samsung has to resort to this type of strategy? They make awesome hardware and honeycomb is nothing like IOS to be honest with you.
Some of the gestures are the same but generally it is different (Honeycomb vs iOS). What I find funny is how Google touted their Honeycomb OS as the only OS for tablets, since it was specifically designed for tabs yet now have ditched that design and will be releasing Ice Cream Sandwich which is the same concept as iOS (one operating system for both smartphone & tablet).
I think part of it must be culture--maybe it's completely fine and acceptable to copy your competitors in some parts of the world. Kind of like the clone Apple stores in China. Even when the copying is super blatant, they probably don't see what's wrong with it (other than the fact that people seem to be holding it against them). But when a company is global, local and global cultures can clash. What's unfortunate is the Samsung designers probably just did what their bosses wanted--even though they are fully capable to making pretty awesome designs on their own.
This but I also think there was blatant disregard for patent laws & an attitude of invincibility that allowed top management to make such horrible moves.

This but I also think there was blatant disregard for patent laws & an attitude of invincibility that allowed top management to make such horrible moves.

:biggrin:you think like an american. In asia, its call "fast-track to profit", a smart way to make billions so why invent when you can copy. They do not enforce this kinds of law. Google Foxconn factory, this is one of many examples. If you drop out of school (ie, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs...etc), the society will tell you are not smart so you'll be selling noodles for the rest of your life.(not that is anything wrong with it) Do not think outside the box or you'll embarrass your boss when you fail the first time.
Its a culture thing. What has the Chinese invent since paper, gunpowder, and printing? Pretty soon they are buying us out.

ITC judge rules that Apple does not infringe on HTC patents

http://www.bgr.com/2011/10/17/judge-apple-does-not-infringe-on-htc-patents/

A judge with the United States International Trade Commission has ruled that Apple is not infringing on four of HTC’s patents related to phone dialing and battery power management, Reuters said Monday. HTC originally filed the lawsuit in May of last year when it sought a ban on the import of Apple’s iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. The final ruling in the case will occur in February when the verdict of a full commission is revealed. Apple and HTC have been locked in a number of legal battles. Apple first sued HTC in March and a U.S. ITC judge found HTC guilty of infringing on two of Apple’s patents in July. HTC has said it will appeal that ruling.

lol...another blow to Android.

Re: ITC judge rules that Apple does not infringe on HTC patents

Its obvious that the judge was a apple fanboi. Its hard to believe that the Iphone 4 S ( S for suckers ) sold over 4 million units already. It really does show how blind the apple fan bois are. In most head to head comparisons the Galaxy S 2 was still the faster phone, and the camera that they brag so much about is on the same level as the galaxy S 2's which is 6 month old hardware by now.

Last edited:

Its obvious that the judge was a apple fanboi. Its hard to believe that the Iphone 4 S ( S for suckers ) sold over 4 million units already. It really does show how blind the apple fan bois are. In most head to head comparisons the Galaxy S 2 was still the faster phone, and the camera that they brag so much about is on the same level as the galaxy S 2's which is 6 month old hardware by now.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Calling the judge a fanboi? iPhone 4S (S for suckers)? You hate on what you have become, the only difference is you side with Android.

Most comparison test have the GS4 ahead of the iPhone 4S?

I guess all of these guys are wrong:

http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/11/benchmarks-clock-iphone-4s-a5-cpu-at-800mhz-show-major-gpu-upg/

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/iphone-4s-benchmark-tests-prove-its-faster-than-galaxy-s2-50005683/

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2394725,00.asp#fbid=-QKiXaLk7o4

http://www.extremetech.com/computin...twice-as-fast-as-the-galaxy-s-ii-droid-bionic

http://appadvice.com/appnn/2011/10/the-iphone-4s-benchmark-scores-are-in

Comparing specs to specs does not give you the whole picture when Apple products are being compared. It's the user experience that matters but the funny part of all of this is the iPhone 4S is better or on par with even the new Android crop of phones. The 4S's camera may have the same megapixels as the GS2 but its miles ahead, just like the iPhone 4's camera was the best available in a smartphone last summer.

Find me anything that looks even this good shot on a GS2:
http://vimeo.com/30578363

Don't let your irrational hatred for Apple blind you. Oh and the Nexus Prime isn't looking like a killer either:

http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/18/galaxy-nexus-images-specs-and-benchmarks-apparently-leaked/

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Calling the judge a fanboi? iPhone 4S (S for suckers)? You hate on what you have become, the only difference is you side with Android.ly-leaked/[/url]

Hey Jack,

No offense or anything, but why are you on these forums? You don't have a NSX. I never see you post about a NSX. All you do its talk about Apple. Aren't there apple forums you can post on?

I mean, it's fine if you want to do that of course, but I would think there are better places to discuss Apple products than this.

Last edited:

Hey Jack,

No offense or anything, but why are you on these forums? You don't have a NSX. I never see you post about a NSX. All you do its talk about Apple. Aren't there apple forums you can post on?

I mean, it's fine if you want to do that of course, but I would think there are better places to discuss Apple products than this.

Still searching for the right NSX. I want a white one but can't figure out if it should be an 02+ or find a NA1 I could upgrade. I also post in the Forced Induction section looking for turbo info, and F1 thread's. Wasn't this a question worthy of being asked via PM? Maybe even a search of the threads I've started would have yielded an answer to your question without derailing the topic at hand.

http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128785

So are you not allowed to post on Prime without having an NSX?

So are you not allowed to post on Prime without having an NSX?
I'm pretty sure I said you can post whenever you want.

Good luck in your search. White cars are very hard to find especially a na2. I will keep an eye out for you if I see one.

“The Galaxy Nexus smartphone, the first handset built using a new version of the Android system called ‘ice cream sandwich,’ is designed to bypass potential legal attacks from Apple Inc., the mobile chief of Samsung Electronics Co. said,” Lee Youkyung reports for Yonhap.

“‘Now we will avoid everything we can and take patents very seriously,’ Shin told reporters Tuesday on the eve of the Galaxy Nexus launch.

Just an unbelievable admission by the mobile chief of Samsung. Now all of a sudden they will take patents seriously?!?! :eek:

Jack for all the comparisons that you linked that shows the Iphone 4S winning, I can post the same amount with the baby jesus.. I mean iphone 4s losing.

Here is a camera comparison

http://www.pcworld.com/article/241955-2/smartphone_camera_battle_iphone_4s_vs_the_android_elite.html

Here is a side by side comparison is app and browser speeds along with features

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp0HlX1ySGg&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1EBlCWBHHs&feature=relmfu

Here is the comparison for the 1080p videos back to back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwq9ZwVOSUc&feature=relmfu

I guess having only 512 megs of ram really hurt it

Here is your precious fragile quality piece of equipment in a durability test

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elKxgsrJFhw

Weight does not = durability.

You also claim that apple knows what they are doing by offering only 512 megs of ram to save battery and to save the cost of the phone, than why does apple rape their customers with the 64 gig model costing $849, and the 16 gig costing $649? 48 gigs of storage sure as hell don't cost $200. We can just get a class 10 32gig card for $57 dollars to add on top of the already built in 16 gig flash memory. But the battery on the Iphone 4S is not so great either. My friends phone is getting 30 + hours per charge, if you call bs I can have him send me his screenshot of his battery usage. So the battery argument is a wash.

Mean while IOS5 still cannot truly multitask which is why it can get away with such a pathetic amount of ram.

Also I did the same speed comparisons in real life with a friends Iphone 4S with a epic 4g touch ( Galaxy S II ) and even with the 3d live wall paper running, with 7 apps running in the back ground with the Iphone 4s's "background" apps cleared the galaxy S II was just as fast. Even from the speeds the camera opens and everything.

Sorry I don't drink Job's coolaid like most people do, nor am I paid to rigged these test up because I have no special interest in Apple on my biased websites.

Back