• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

AP-X NSX turbo system (angus turbo kit)

Re: DIY Turbo kit

Next kit to go out will be to md23vtec! Thanks Roger, can't wait to see your install!

Hey Wil my mate just ordered a kit from you on my advice, fingers crossed his tuner is worth a w... in which case I will be ordering one too in the near future! :)

Next kit in line is going out to prime member "Myaddiction"

Thanks Gary!

Hey Wil my mate just ordered a kit from you on my advice, fingers crossed his tuner is worth a w... in which case I will be ordering one too in the near future! :)

Yes, I just got the order from amo! You two should get them together to save shipping!

Yes, I just got the order from amo! You two should get them together to save shipping!

I know it makes sense, just want to make sure his new tuner is up to scratch first. :)

Hey Will,
Who in the Bay Area would you recommend to install and tune your turbo kit? Also is the Type S Zanardi rear sway bar compatiable or does it need to be changed?

Hey Will,
Who in the Bay Area would you recommend to install and tune your turbo kit? Also is the Type S Zanardi rear sway bar compatiable or does it need to be changed?

Yes, I also have the Zanardi bar - any 95-uip bar will work -

BTW - Zanardi bar is $89 brand new from the dealer.

I also have zanardi rear sway bar on my car too. You can get it from allnsxparts for $85.47 with free shipping

Last edited:

Yeah, I allready have the Zanardi rear sway bar, just making sure it will work with it.

Who in the Bay Area would you recommend to install and or tune your turbo kit? Or In California any shops you recommend that done this kit before or can install it for me?

Yeah, I allready have the Zanardi rear sway bar, just making sure it will work with it.

Who in the Bay Area would you recommend to install and or tune your turbo kit? Or In California any shops you recommend that done this kit before or can install it for me?

Sonny, part of the beauty of this kit is that anyone with mild mechanical knowledge can install it successfully, just look at rthe range of people who have completed the install on their own, frank spano, Richm, doctai, yoojeankim - just to name a few -

I am sure a few phone calls will turn up more than a few good shops in your area.

Check out the AEM forums, or call them and ask for a tuner in your city.

Good Idea, I will cheak AEM forums and call them Monday to see who thier local tuner is. I am a wussy when it comes to let other than profesionals work on my car. So I will call some local mechanics see who can do the install for me or atleast help me with it. Wil if you have anyone who allready bought your kit from California can you send me thier screen name so I can see if I can get some install help or pay them to help me.

If you can point out One shop in the Northern California who can do this install. I will go ahead and pull the trigger on this Wonderfull turbo kit. I know its fairly easy install from what you said but I am very carefull on who i let work on my car from previos experiences. I just dont want to get the kit and not have a place to have it installed. Plus shops around here seem to be scared to work on nsxs for some reason. Do you have Any Recommendations at all to anyone in Cali? I am not mechanically inclined at all. I wish I was closer to you and I can have you install it.

Last edited:

If you can point out One shop in the Northern California who can do this install. I will go ahead and pull the trigger on this Wonderfull turbo kit. I know its fairly easy install from what you said but I am very carefull on who i let work on my car from previos experiences. I just dont want to get the kit and not have a place to have it installed. Plus shops around here seem to be scared to work on nsxs for some reason. Do you have Any Recommendations at all to anyone in Cali? I am not mechanically inclined at all. I wish I was closer to you and I can have you install it.

Well...who works on your car now?

I was hoping driving ambition but I am waiting for call back about it. So I wanted to see if any other places anyone can recommend in California. I will travel anywhere in California to get it done by someone comfortable to install this kit. It's really easy from what Wil said but i don't know of many performance shops. If Yout Shop does it and wants my business please pm me.

Nice:wink: having your friend as a guinea pig. Isn't that what a friend is for anyway? :biggrin:

Oh come on Dan , you make it sound like my kit is not already well proven!!!

BTW - if anyone else is "on the fence" I am going to be putting together another discounted kit soon!

Anyone who is interested please feel free to PM me for details

BTW - if anyone else is "on the fence" I am going to be putting together another discounted kit soon!

haha, I was more mocking on AR really:eek:
I don't need to point out the fact that your kit is one of the more rounded ones, everyone knows that or should know that!:biggrin:

discounted... thats sounds good. :)

It may not sound as good - exhaust is not same and still worth it. plus bump.

Huh? I think you may have misunderstood, the discounted kit will have the same magnaflow exhaust that is standard in the kit, only it is slightly used.

The biggest problem with Angus's turbo is the miles I am racking up on my NSX

the viper barely gets out of the garage!!

rich

I have a question. Do you have a turbo timer on the kit or do you have to leave the car running for a while before you turn it off?

Back