Anyone want to start a NSXFLO

Seems like we have a lot of NSX here, and NSXPO is too far away for a lot of us to drive.

Why not have a mini-NSXPO in Florida? Maybe Orlando would be good since it is kind of the middle. Seems like TX does this a couple times a year.

What do you guys think?

sounds good...just make sure to do it by November bc Ill be moving to GA. If we really tried, I know we could get a strong turn out...I know around 20 or soo in my area, locally.

The Idea sounds great and was actually something I've thought of a few times!! I'm sure between me and Oscar we can get a good crowd organized from here in SF. An event like this is something that I'm sure would have great success.

Careful. When some California owners tried the VERY same idea a couple years ago, owners from everywhere (nsxca) threw a fit. Seriously caused a shit storm. Some sort of elitist prestige thing. I believe something about how it takes away from the ballers nsxpo event.

The Idea sounds great and was actually something I've thought of a few times!! I'm sure between me and Oscar we can get a good crowd organized from here in SF. An event like this is something that I'm sure would have great success.

Careful. When some California owners tried the VERY same idea a couple years ago, owners from everywhere (nsxca) threw a fit. Seriously caused a shit storm. Some sort of elitist prestige thing. I believe something about how it takes away from the ballers nsxpo event.

lets start planning, how about sometime in late October or first wk of November? We're just plan an nsx event. Wont take away form the nsxpo. just an all out nsx event...drive, lunch/dinner, etc...

Sounds like a great idea. I hope it won't be during the time of NSXPO (that's late Oct. - early Nov.) since I'll be flying to Vegas then.

No, I don't want to complete with NSXPO. This will be like NSTEXPO and those type of things. Just a Local NSX gathering. Maybe 20-30 cars?

I wonder if wei-shen could get us a good deal on a day at Sebring to go along with the event. Maybe we can get an airstrip and do a 0-150 run... or 1/4 stuff... something fun with the cars without worry from the PO PO. Dunno.

I am thinking this is a 2-3 day event max. I want to do it when it is not 100 degrees outside. November might be great.

Maybe Fri afternoon-Sun afternoon. If no track event, maybe a go-kart outing. Couple nice meals, nice NSX cruise somewhere we can have a little fun.

Any other thoughts?

Last edited:
No, I don't want to complete with NSXPO. This will be like NSTEXPO and those type of things. Just a Local NSX gathering. Maybe 20-30 cars?

I wonder if wei-shen could get us a good deal on a day at Sebring to go along with the event. Maybe we can get an airstrip and do a 0-150 run... or 1/4 stuff... something fun with the cars without worry from the PO PO. Dunno.

I am thinking this is a 2-3 day event max. I want to do it when it is not 100 degrees outside. November might be great.

Maybe Fri afternoon-Sun afternoon. If no track event, maybe a go-kart outing. Couple nice meals, nice NSX cruise somewhere we can have a little fun.

Any other thoughts?

sounds good to me...id probably prefer a 1 day deal but im certainly open to the majority vote...lets start throwing ideas out, spread the word and see what bites.

We've actually done this multiple times in the past, however it was held in April and we used to invite the S2000s. We called it NSXcapades. Had up to 50 NSXs just 7 years ago. However, overall interest in the event has waned and I stopped doing it about 5 years ago. There are photos at www.nsxflorida.com.

We could certainly do something in early November, but I would suggest early December only because it won't compete with two big NSX events already planned for this year....NSXPO in Vegas Oct.28-31 and NSX Fiesta in Japan 11/15-11/23.

Chin Motorsports does have the Sebring track on Dec.11-12 so we could do something around that event such as parade laps, photos on the track, go karting etc. Not sure if 0-150-0 is a good idea....there isn't a straight long enough to get there and back unless you have 600+ hp. The weekend before or after is also good if being at the track is not crucial. We usually do our NSX holiday gathering at that time. Kill two birds with one stone!

I'm a member and can book the Bella Collina clubhouse for the event (we were there in May) and we could even do a golf outing, country drive, car show. www.bellacollina.com. The roads around there are great for driving.

Let me know what all of you would like. We'll need to delegate responsibilities pretty soon if we want to do this in 2010.

Wei-Shen
407-832-0176

OK, So after talking with Wei-Sehn, I think we are going to aim for the first weekend in December.

What are people interested in doing and spending?

I think a 1/4 mile event would be fun and should be doable. Private rental to the NSX.

A Car show at Wei-Shens club would be great.

Go Karts would also be fun.

So guys, what would you like to do?

Next is cost. I think we have to do a 2 day event, maybe some will want to come Friday night.

So what kind of budget does everyone have in mind?

Under $200?
$200-$300?
$300-$400?

Let me know.

Also, we need something for the wives/gf. Spa event? Shopping Tour.

Last edited:
hope this gets off and proves to be a successful event. Ill be moving early November so I doubt ill make it but ill keep an eye on it.

Please keep me posted, ill be happy to spread the word to nsx crowd I know.

Talk to your local dealers too. They might be willing to provide lunch or dinner in exchange for the publicity we would bring to their dealership. Also, if we can arrange a good hotel deal (somewhere nice) with security for our Xs, that would be awesome. I hope this happens.

Talk to your local dealers too. They might be willing to provide lunch or dinner in exchange for the publicity we would bring to their dealership. Also, if we can arrange a good hotel deal (somewhere nice) with security for our Xs, that would be awesome. I hope this happens.

Good ideas. I am thinking maybe the Single Creek Lodge. I have stayed there a few times and it is excellent.

Back