Anyone regret removing their windshield wiper setup?

I am thinking about doing it, just wanted to get some affirmation.

I don't drive the car in the rain as it is, and I figure that Rain-X should be more than adequate should I come across some unexpected water/rain.

Thoughts/experiences?

Thanks.

You can remove the wipers, but hold onto them. Any time you want, you can put them back on in about one minute. If you want to keep them in the trunk for emergencies, just keep a small 17 mm ratchet in the car.

Well, the STMPO front strut tower brace requires you to remove the wiper motors...
Oh! Well, does it allow you to replace them when you are done installing the brace?

To answer your actual question, I had my wipers (not the motors, just the wiper arms) removed for years. When I was going anywhere that I might need the wipers, I kept the driver side one in the trunk, and the previously-mentioned ratchet in the glove box. I had to put them on once or twice, not a lot, but occasionally, and on those occasions I would have regreted it had I left them home. I also always keep a good coat of Rain-X on the windshield, which helps but not so much when it's coming down in buckets.

I removed my wipers just for aesthetics, not the motors though. I do have Rain-X on the windshield and keep the wipers in the trunk. I do regret it a little when I was out on a group drive a couple of months ago and got caught in a armageddon monsoon. :biggrin:

Stmpo offers a front strut tower brace that retains the driver side wiper. And I've heard that's adequate.

On mine, I never re-installed the washer nozzels in the aftermarket NSXR hood - I thought they were tacky and I never used them. I kept the wipers, even though I don't drive in the rain, I often times got caught in the rain unexpectedly and was glad I had them.

Personally, I would leave them on.

On mine, I never re-installed the washer nozzels in the aftermarket NSXR hood - I thought they were tacky and I never used them. I kept the wipers, even though I don't drive in the rain, I often times got caught in the rain unexpectedly and was glad I had them.

Personally, I would leave them on.

Same here - I haven't had squirters for 10+ years and never missed them. I've been lucky that when it does rain, its plenty to not dry out the window. My cross country trips have all seen nothing but pristine weather...luck I guess.

Of the 8 years of ownership here in Seattle, I have never used my wipers as the complete setup has been removed due to weight reduction. Furthermore, those arms look horrible on our car tacky to say the least. Get rid of them.

Stmpo offers a front strut tower brace that retains the driver side wiper. And I've heard that's adequate.

I have the stmpo bar that allows you to keep the driver side wiper arm. I keep the arm in the trunk for an emergency, which I have had to reinstall it once and was glad I had it. When I installed the R hood I had the nozzle holes filled and haven't missed them since. Looks a lot cleaner without them:

WP_000288.jpg

Back