Anyone own rental property?

I am thinking of buying some rental property. I am looking at some things at the beach. Condo type property, two bedroom, two bathroom, ocean front. I know it will be trashed every year, but I am looking for some income as well as depreciation on the property -- as well as some tax advantages.

I've had single family home rentals in the past and that was a nice arrangement. I've never gone into the beach rental, or vacation type rental however.

Anyone had any experience with this type of rental? Pro and con would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Doug

I dont know about the west coast but here properties appreciate, also dont think about the places getting trashed unless you are buying i a low income area.

Armando

Actually, I am thinking about beach property in North Carolina. What I am considering is having a management company and renting it during season on a weekly basis. Weekly vacation property = trashed.

I've run numbers, and so far they look good. I wanted to see if anyone has actual experience. Renting, not trashing.

Back