Anyone near Denver available to check out an NSX

I got a lead on a NSX that sounds about what I'm looking for. I would appreciate opinions, and am looking for someone that can check out the car before I fly out there. Here's the details:

'91 Black/Black 37k miles asking $30k
JH4NA115XMT000660

-Not in snap ring range.

-He claims the car had a 60k service right before he bought it, but he doesn't have service records from previous owner.

-A/C works fine according to owner - no maintenance

-No window fix-its, claims they work fine

-No accidents/paint work

-Stereo works fine - no maintenance

This owner either maintains his NSX poorly, or doesn't know anything about maintaining his NSX (which is basically the same thing).

Windows operating properly is no indication of anything. They will need upgrading.

The 60K service should have been done three times on any '91, since it consists of services that are recommended for every 60K miles or 4 years, whichever comes first.

No indication of the timing belt and water pump being replaced, either.

Buyer beware.

Thanks for the response nsxtasy. This is basically what I knew was true, just needed someone else to say the same thing. He says he's had the car since '99 and has only done oil changes. When I asked about timing belt/water pump, he said that it was done during the 60k maintenance (previous owner), which he doesn't have service records for (and it's not normally included in a 60k).

But, as far as the window regulators go, if they are currently working properly the only fix required are the cheap fix-it thingys, correct?

Dave5 said:
He says he's had the car since '99 and has only done oil changes.
So the car has brake fluid, transmission fluid, and coolant that are five years old, or more? :eek:

Dave5 said:
as far as the window regulators go, if they are currently working properly the only fix required are the cheap fix-it thingys, correct?
That's correct.

Just wondering if the owner's name is Brad? If so, a member was nice enough to look at it for me and I can PM you the details.

Back