Any Southbay nsxers want to meet locally?

dynomike said:
Hi this Mike @ Autowave, If you guys would like we could have a meet at my shop sometime. Well have an open house and the dyno running. Just an idea
But would like to host a meet sometime in the near future.

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your invitation.....we will definitely consider a meet sometime in the future at your shop.

eddie :smile:

Ok update everyone

We are going to have to stick around the Torrance area. The park that I researched does not have restrooms and do not allow bbq's. So Torrance it is.......looks like we will have to do 190th and prarie but I will cruise by the other parks to make sure before it is set in stone........

eddie

So far my schedule looks open for that day. Hope we can find a place. If the park doesnt allow BBQs, then we can still modify what we bring...sandwiches, etc. Or, everyone for himself - bring food for yourself. Then some people can swap lunches, or just drool over what everyone else has while hes eating his McDonalds. :biggrin:

Thats right we can just have potluck! You better go jon! =)

ok guys here is a aerial map of Columbia park on 190th and prairie.
As you will see the picnic area is not too far from on the madrona side where it holds up to 115 spaces.......it has many things you can do....here are some pics

Attachments

• colum.gif
    colum.gif
    59 KB · Views: 311
  • volleyball.jpg
    volleyball.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 330
  • sign.jpg
    sign.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 323
  • picnic_area.jpg
    picnic_area.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 327
  • play_area.jpg
    play_area.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 323
Here are more pics

Attachments

• fire_engine.jpg
    fire_engine.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 329
  • COLUMBIA_SOCCER2.jpg
    COLUMBIA_SOCCER2.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 320
  • walkway1.jpg
    walkway1.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 305
  • walkway2.jpg
    walkway2.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 314
  • grass_field.jpg
    grass_field.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 308
heres the last few pics

Attachments

• garden.jpg
    garden.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 322
  • kiddie_area.jpg
    kiddie_area.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 313
so as you see guys it has something for everyone almost......the parking is a good sized flat lot........make sure you park near the picnic area off the prairie side..........so is everyone good to go on this?

Columbia Park seems fine (it's closer to where I live and has freeway access)

ok now we have to start delegating the food since we can have potluck please start chiming in what you guys are going to bring. I will start off first.
Categories remember are appetizers, fruits, salads, desserts, snacks, alcohol, non alcohol, if we bbq meats like hot dogs, hamburger meat, buns, dressings, etc.

ediddynsx- I am bringing at least 4 trays of fried rice or as many as I need to feed two dozen people at least and some sodas( sprite and cokes).

ok people start chiming in!

next person here maybe bring a few large pizzas? like 4-6?
next person can bring 4-6 plates of fruit trays??
next person can bring 4-6 cakes, pies, etc etc

also are the s2k guys coming? chime in and let me know.......I will start pming people if I don't see any responses..... :cool:

Last edited:
Okay, my wife is volunteering to make a Chinese Chicken Salad, but wonders why we should each bring enough for two dozen people. If that's the total number of people we're expecting at the picnic, she's concerned that we may end up with WAY TOO MUCH FOOD...and this is coming from someone who tends to make more food than necessary when she hosts dinner parties.

akira3d said:
Okay, my wife is volunteering to make a Chinese Chicken Salad, but wonders why we should each bring enough for two dozen people. If that's the total number of people we're expecting at the picnic, she's concerned that we may end up with WAY TOO MUCH FOOD...and this is coming from someone who tends to make more food than necessary when she hosts dinner parties.

Bring whatever you feel is needed I am just trying to be safe than sorry........remember the s2k guys may come also so bring whatever you feel will be enough.......at least when you have more you can always bring it home...........so just bring one big bowl of chicken salad and drinks.........next person chime in please........if we want to bbq we will need a permit so if you guys still want to bbq let me know........otherwise just bring whatevers........

Just a friendly reminder the meet is on Nov 6th Sunday at 11am till whenevers.......so its not this Sunday.......please refer to the post if you forget....thanks

Last edited:
of course you guys are welcome we will have two very special nsxers attending the meet and they are Jon. Kuryama Director of HKS and Jon Martin Service Manager and NSX guru and many other cars of South Bay Acura will be there so if you guys have any questions about cars FI, N/A, suspension, tires, anything just talk to them both are einsteins about cars and building cars.......... those are the two guys to talk about any cars that you have s2000, nsx, rsx, supra, rx7, skyline, porsche, datsun, itr.......... :smile:

oh by the way sorry for being on the same day as an s2000 bbq I did not know.......just tell them to come over to ours :tongue:

Last edited:
This is around the block from my gf's place. I may be able to swing by that day. :smile:

ok good morning people here is the updated list of people who will be attending. So far it looks like this - + 1 person (assuming)
eddie aka (ediddynsx),
jon m. aka (nsx genius and car guru)
frank c. aka (watchmaster)
danny y. aka (airplane on wheels)
akira3d aka (video game master designer)
andrew aka (filipino elvis)
jon k aka ( Turbo Genius, Fastrax CEO, and now Director of HKS)
jagtiger aka (speedfreak)
enesexdreamer aka(rico suave)
david aka (bamboo man)
RyRy210 aka(game master and artist)
mike_san (mystery man)
s2000 guys

maybe's
darkcyd

Last edited:
ok good morning people here is the updated list of people who will be attending. So far it looks like this - + 1 person (assuming)
eddie aka (ediddynsx),
jon m. aka (Mr.Southbay Acura, nsx genius and car guru)
frank c. aka ( the watchmaster)
danny y. aka (airplane on wheels)
akira3d aka (video game master designer)
andrew aka (filipino elvis)
jon k aka (Turbo Genius, Fastrax CEO, Mr.HKS and a local Gardena buddy!)
jagtiger aka (speedfreak)
enesexdreamer aka(rico suave)
david aka (bamboo man)
RyRy210 aka(game master and artist)
mike_san aka (mystery man)
Dexter 98 NSX aka (Super Firefighter of LA county)
Kieth 98 NSX aka (Pimpdaddy1)
Eugene 99 NSX aka (Pimpdaddy2)
Carl 91 NSX aka (pimpdaddy3)
s2000 guys!-AP2suzuka and friends

maybe's-boo! you better come!
darkcyd
SKB NSX

Last edited:
Speedfreak????WTH? hahaha :biggrin:

I will have to "BEG" my wife to cook some Korean BBQ for us...otherwise we have to settle for some eggroll and 'pancit'....so it depends on the outcome... :biggrin: :biggrin:

PANCIT!!!!!!!!! w/ shrimp!!! yum yum.....Unfortunately, I won't be able to join you guys:( I already have my schedule to visit our prime members in Thailand :biggrin:

jagtiger said:
Speedfreak????WTH? hahaha :biggrin:

I will have to "BEG" my wife to cook some Korean BBQ for us...otherwise we have to settle for some eggroll and 'pancit'....so it depends on the outcome... :biggrin: :biggrin:

Bring anything......don't stress the wifey about the bbq bring whatever you can....that is fine........I don't want any drama or stress for anyone..... :biggrin: as long as we have food and drinks everything will be fine :tongue:

Back