Any Southbay nsxers want to meet locally?

Backside of Alondra Park.... the El Camino College side. I don't think the patrons there are the greatest but the lot is plenty big. Go to Yukon and Redondo Beach Blvd. There's also one on 182nd and Firmona It's across from the backside of the Galleria been there twice in 25 years. I recall the size of the park is big. Not sure of the parking lot size or Inglewood and 182nd. That one has a one way driveway. I think the lot is too small. Wilson Park is big but I don't want to go there. I work down the street. Pick a nice quiet JR high or middle school in Redondo or Torrance. Chances are better of finding good size and function. South Torrance High has a huge parking lot.

Danny Yee, Red SR-71 :smile: :biggrin:

Last edited:
Alondra is big but ghetto....if we are going to have a meet I suggest west torrance or south torrance........somewhere where its close to the bbq area where we park......wilson is big but the parking lot is too far from picnic area.....it is a good place to park in the lot and hangout there but thats it.......ok here I found some parks to narrow it down and I will do a drive by of some of these parks......

Walteria Park in South Torrance
de portola park in South Torrance- looks good from pictures
Rocketship Park in South Torrance
Entredero Park in West Torrance
SunnyGlen Park in West Torrance
Paradise Park in West Torrance
Victor Park in West Torrance
El retiro Park in South Torrance
Miramar Park in South Torrance/Redondo Beach literally
Riviera Park in South Torrance
Sur La Brea in Torrance
Alta Loma Park in Torrance

These all look decent from the pictures some are probably small and some maybe the parking may be only street parking like lago seco park........so if any of you southbay guys live near some of these parks please help me out and check some of them out and give me some feedback..........preferrably we want a lot to park side by side and be near the picnic area..........so danny if you have sometime drive by the ones in west torrance since you are over there and I will drive by the ones in torrance by torrance high.........or around south high..........ok laters guys stay dry =)

eddie

Rocketship park? The one by Riviera Elementary School? When I attended school there, there was no parking lot for the park (unless you count the elementary school's small lot). I don't recall seeing a lot there last time I drove by.

El Retiro's park has a smallish lot...used to spend a lot of time there when I was growing up (and my dad still plays tennis there regularly). Could be crowded on weekends.

I don't remember any parking lot at Lago Seco. I played Little League at the nearby baseball field and don't remember a lot there either.

De Portola definitely was street parking.

I remember Alta Vista Park having decent parking.

I went to South High...plenty of parking there, but no place to have a bbq.

Attachments

• prime nsx shs.jpg
    prime nsx shs.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 455
Last edited:
akira3d said:
Rocketship park? The one by Riviera Elementary School? When I attended school there, there was no parking lot for the park (unless you count the elementary school's small lot). I don't recall seeing a lot there last time I drove by.

El Retiro's park has a smallish lot...used to spend a lot of time there when I was growing up (and my dad still plays tennis there regularly). Could be crowded on weekends.

De Portola definitely was street parking.

I remember Alta Vista Park having decent parking.

I went to South High...plenty of parking there, but no place to have a bbq. Likewise with West High.

Thanks akira now we can eliminate some of these places so I will edit the list now so here it is after akiras input.....keep them coming if you guys drive by any of these parks scope it out for me and let me know thanks. Oh yeah by the way did you mean alta loma park? because alta vista is not a Torrance park or not on the list of parks.....is that in redondo beach?

In the meantime drive by any of these thanks:
Walteria Park in South Torrance
Entredero Park in West Torrance
SunnyGlen Park in West Torrance
Paradise Park in West Torrance
Victor Park in West Torrance
Miramar Park in South Torrance/Redondo Beach literally
Riviera Park in South Torrance
Sur La Brea in Torrance
Alta Loma Park in Torrance

I wouldn't totally rule El Retiro out because it DOES have a parking lot...just not a big one.

How many NSXs do you think would be showing up?

Have you looked to see if you'd need a permit or to pay anything to use these parks picnic facilities?

akira3d said:
I wouldn't totally rule El Retiro out because it DOES have a parking lot...just not a big one.

How many NSXs do you think would be showing up?

well I anticipate around lets say a dozen of us or so, remember I am asking southbay guys but other nsxers are welcome ........but you guys better let me know so we anticipate food and drinks....

So far its looks like this-eddie (ediddynsx), john m, frank c, danny, akira3d, andrew, jon k(fastrax), jagtiger, enesexdreamer, david, and maybe RyRy210 if he wants to come.....also anticipate + 1 person with each car........I also will be inviting some other fellow nsxers so maybe 3 more. (dex, johnathan, khan)

Have you looked to see if you'd need a permit or to pay anything to use these parks picnic facilities?

I will find out soon enough when I find out which park we will use.

This is some general rules for anyone coming:
No freeloaders, shady people, or cheap asses will be welcome or tolerated.
I don't want to name anyone on here but unfortunately I have heard of some shady nsx owners...so if you are one of them then you are not welcome!... :cool:

Also please do not do anything to get the police to come give us a hard time.

So here is the rule of thumb everyone should bring enough food and drinks to anticipate 2 dozen people or so. So you are looking at $25-30 minimum of food and drinks each. We will break it down so we don't end up buying too much of the same thing.

I am not trying to make this a big meet but anyone who owns an nsx is welcome and please bring the nsx and your share of food and drinks......

The rule of bringing food and drinks applies ........we will break down the categories ......main entrees(meats for bbq) , fruits, salads, appetizers, drinks (water,sodas, coffee,alcohol, juices), desserts, snacks, plates, utensils, etc......) so its kind of like potluck style with bbq added to it.

Also if we have any good photographers here with some nice photography skills and video cameras come down and give us some good shots...I will be bringing my sony cybershot 3.3mp......and I'll ask my friend with the slr to come snap some shots...........

If you guys also have frisbees, footballs, basketballs, etc bring it.

Hopefully the weather will permit this to happen. Check back from time to time guys.

Last edited:
hybridnsx said:
What do you say we invite our lil' bros from the S2000 board? just an idea. I know they would love to have a NSX + S2k meet.

Sorry bro I am not trying to make this a huge meet and its starting to turn that way already but if I find a park big enough, safe, clean and run it by a few other nsxers with approval then maybe it can happen until then your going to have to assume no for now.

ok good morning people here is the updated list of people who will be attending. So far it looks like this - + 1 person (assuming)
eddie (ediddynsx),
john m,
frank c,
danny,
akira3d,
andrew,
jon k(fastrax),
jagtiger,
enesexdreamer,
david,
awsomr1,
RyRy210

I will not be able to see any parks until it stops raining. So until then if any southbay nsxers want to go just add your name.

ediddynsx said:
Sorry bro I am not trying to make this a huge meet and its starting to turn that way already but if I find a park big enough, safe, clean and run it by a few other nsxers with approval then maybe it can happen until then your going to have to assume no for now.

ok good morning people here is the updated list of people who will be attending. So far it looks like this - + 1 person (assuming)
eddie (ediddynsx),
john m,
frank c,
danny,
akira3d,
andrew,
jon k(fastrax),
jagtiger,
enesexdreamer,
david,
awsomr1,
RyRy210

I will not be able to see any parks until it stops raining. So until then if any southbay nsxers want to go just add your name.

NP I totally understand, just thought I would throw it out as an extra option. Looks like we'll have an awesome turn out! I live in San Fernando Valley so not too far please.

I'm an O.C. guy, but I would like to attend. Regarding suggestions, there's a park in Palos Verdes, up the hill from Torrance, that is nice and private. It has fantastic views, decent parking lot,shade trees etc.. however, I'm not sure if it has BBQs. Anyway, I'm in...

1993 Blk on blk

Are you talking about Ernie Howlett park off of Hawthorne in Rolling Hills Estates? I forgot about that one...haven't been there in years. Last time I was up there, I remember their parking lot to be gravel. Lots of space and good views, but would anyone have issues parking their NSX on a gravel lot?

The name escapes me right now. I'll have to check a map to get the name, but no, it does not have a gravel lot. It's in a residential area at the top of a hill in P.V. ( I think it's off Hawthorne )-- it's not down by the water.

FuryNSX said:
I would like to make it up there, but what day are you trying for? I don't think that was ever made clear.

Randy, I'm not sure which day either. Eddie?

ok guys sorry for the delay I was thinking so we give everyone a few weeks notice....i am shooting for:

Sunday on Nov 6th at 11am till whenever.........is that ok for everyone?

I need people to be on time so we can set up the food by noon...........no hawaiian, chinese, filipino time excuses here ok...... :cool:

Second I want to take a vote here from you guys.......Do you guys want to invite the s2k guys? I talked to two nsxers and they said it was ok so I want to run it by you guys too but they need to bring food and drinks too........so let me know yay or nay?

Lastly we I have an idea suggested by a fellow nsxer of which park to go..........so I will get back to you guys after I verify it when I find out from him.

Remember everyone I rather have more food than not enough food.....but if it runs out because we have too many people then oh wells...... :tongue:

Here is the updated list of attendees:

So far it looks like this - + 1 person (assuming gf's,fiances, wife, kids, etc).

eddie (ediddynsx),
john m,
frank c,
danny,
akira3d,
andrew,
jon k(fastrax),
jagtiger,
enesexdreamer,
david,
awsomr1,
RyRy210
Mike-san
Furynsx
plus possibly the s2k guys if you want?
The M5 guy is welcome also.

Remember to bring cards, chess, checkers, frisbees, footballs, basketballs (if they have a court), and any other amusing toys (rc cars, helicopters, planes) just make sure they don't land on the cars! maybe someone can bring twister too ;) :biggrin: and I guess one radio for music( make sure you have batteries that last!)......whoever has one let us know.

ok so everyone get back to me about question 1 and 2.

eddie

Last edited:
Ahhhhh....sounds FUN!!!Nov 6 it is!!! :biggrin: I'm new in the area so I'll let the old guys decide which park to go.. :biggrin: . :rolleyes:

hahahaha! thats right them old people that can afford nsxes :cool: you old people you! :tongue:

The parks that I know of are the larger ones. I'm thinking lot size for 15-20 cars then 20-30 people. In Redondo, there's a park on Vail. The lot is pretty big, the park is ok. The problem (I think) is there's been trouble in the past. Young people hang there. Other than that it's nice, off the main drag, and has parking. The parks in Manhattan, Hermosa, and Redondo is a parking lot for cars. Polliwog Park is great but you gotta park on the street. Marine and Aviation is really good. Lot size small tho.I'm running out of ideas guys, we can pick Dockweiler Beach between Imperial Hwy and Rosecrans Ave all the way to the end of the 105(west).

Danny Yee, Red SR-71 :biggrin: :smile:

ediddynsx said:
Remember to bring cards, chess, checkers, frisbees, footballs, basketballs (if they have a court), and any other amusing toys (rc cars, helicopters, planes) just make sure they don't land on the cars! maybe someone can bring twister too ;) :biggrin: and I guess one radio for music( make sure you have batteries that last!)......whoever has one let us know.
I'm sure akira3d will bring his PSP. :) I can bring mine too. :D And my r/c cars & trucks. :D

-Randy

dyee said:
The parks that I know of are the larger ones. I'm thinking lot size for 15-20 cars then 20-30 people. In Redondo, there's a park on Vail. The lot is pretty big, the park is ok. The problem (I think) is there's been trouble in the past. Young people hang there. Other than that it's nice, off the main drag, and has parking. The parks in Manhattan, Hermosa, and Redondo is a parking lot for cars. Polliwog Park is great but you gotta park on the street. Marine and Aviation is really good. Lot size small tho.I'm running out of ideas guys, we can pick Dockweiler Beach between Imperial Hwy and Rosecrans Ave all the way to the end of the 105(west).

Danny Yee, Red SR-71 :biggrin: :smile:

Danny,
Don't worry about the park I have a feeling its going to be settled by tommorrow

Randy bring the toys! I want to see some badass rc cars and trucks! planes, helicopters welcome too!

jagtiger said:
How about a short cruise arround town? That would be a lot of fun!!! :wink:

haha you know how bad traffic in the Southbay is? Well lets get to the park and plan that later....... :biggrin: I need a consenus on question 1 and 2.......then we will try to delegate the food and drinks........ :smile:

Back