Any one know this car in the DFW area?

Looking at a 2000 NSX Spa Yellow approx 12,000 miles, at Goodson in Irving. Just wondering if the previous owner was a forum member or if anyone knows anything about this car.

Thanks,
Steve

I had a problem with the car "shuddering" while taking off, had to raise the rpm's a little to smooth out my launch. Is this normal?

We took the car back to service and I met Susan Tableman. She was very helpful and had a tech come and drive the car to check out the clutch. Seemed ok to him. The Gooodson dealership seems to be very NSX friendly.

NetViper - Yep, own those plus the wife has a few boring cars that I do not list (the wife and I do not normally agree on rides).
A few years ago she asked me: "Why do you have to trade cars every 3 to 6 months?" So I quite trading and just kept them!:D

Steve, I am working on my own business projects and I am 28. By age 33 I will be a millionaire, but can I get in on what you are doing so I can have that many cars too???

Jason

Steve T - is the car you are inquiring about supercharged? Does it have HRE wheels? If so, private me.....if it is the car I am thinking of, I know it fairly well.

Regarding the clutch issue, it is probably "normal". I have driven another NSXer's NSX immediately after he had a clutch installed. It shuddered just a tad as you are leaving from a stop. To me it was normal but to him it wasn't, because his 911 didn't do it. Well, you really can't compare the two cars. Mine shudders a bit but clamps just fine - even after two years of daily supercharged driving. The clutch is currently transmitting 435 FWHP to the tranny, so I'm not even the least bit concerned about a little take-off shudder.

When installing an NSX clutch something that all Acura techs must do to a factory clutch is a step called "initializing" the clutch. There are three buttoms on the clutch assembly at 120° apart from each other. The service manual clearly outlines this step. Another step that is not alwayss done, but I think it a good idea is after the tranny is bolted up, loosen the two engine mounts and the two tranny mounts. With the car up in the air the tech "rocks" the engine-tranny assembly with his hands so that everything is resting in the mounts without binding. Then tighten the four mounts. It is not absolutely necessary, but it may help.

Having said all that, it the clutch is shuddering as you take off from a dead stop, it will probably do it until it is replaced again. As it was explained to me, once the clutch "learns" the wear surface and wear pattern of the friction material, it is there to stay.

I suspect what you are experiencing is normal behavior and that you can avoid shudder when engaging the clutch by blipping the throttle and let the clutch out as the revs are falling. That's the proper technique for the NSX.

Back