dyno attached

this car is violently fast

THANKS WIL!!

Attachments

• Dyno_NSX.jpg
    Dyno_NSX.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 836
Last edited:
Awesome Job!! The kit sounds amazing. I cant wait to get mine.

thanks
Blaine Waddell

Nice numbers, what turbo did you go with and are you using any meth-injection?

Thanks,

I am using Angus's (wil's) custom turbo- I am using Meth and an air to air intercooler.

Rich

Hum, I like it.

I am a fan of straight boost only and always pump gas, just less things to go wrong and less things to worry about.
I wonder how much power would it made without the alcohol, I only want 450RWHP NET, So no AEM? thats even better!!

I am liking this kit, Angus do you offer your kit with a 40R?

-MSR

Last edited:
Hum, I like it.

I am a fan of straight boost only and always pump gas, just less things to go wrong and less things to worry about.
I wonder how much power would it made without the alcohol, I only want 450RWHP NET, So no AEM? thats even better!!

-MSR

This is a 3.2L engine, it has 7% more capacity than your 3.0L engine, and will produce more power as a result of this increased capacity. With the methanol injection system, the tuner can also be more aggressive with timing.

For a pump gas tune on a stock engine, 450whp is going to be difficult to attain, especially without methanol.

If you have an NA nsx producing 265whp at 1.0 ATM, and you boost that nsx with 9psi (0.61atm), you can theoretically produce 1.61 * 265 = 426.65whp with a similar level of timing. If you're more aggressive with the tune, run higher octane fuel, or meth injection, you can be more aggressive without knock. If you don't want to run these systems, you need to flow more cfm of boost through the engine, higher boost, or a different compressor.

Hum, I like it.

-MSR

It will be more difficult / risky to try getting 450 wheel on a stock motor , meth offers higher octane AND lower charge temps . This turbo is capable of 700 plus hp - your stock motor is not , but remember , you can make a lot more power without breaking if you don't detonate.

I could offer a GT40 as an option , but it would not give the seamless power that you will th the turbo in my kit , I spent a lot of dyno time to come up with this turbo , it is perfectly matched to the NSX motor.

Last edited:
Hum, I like it.

-MSR

i'm making 380 whp with under 6psi, no meth just pwr water to air intercooler and aem ems

Yes, but a big GT40 will make the same power with less boost, less heat, but at a higher RPM (and more lag).

And if that is what he would like , then I am more than happy to supply it!

I have driven both extensively , very different animal.

Just what a Viper needs, more torque down low! or was it a ProCharger setup either way sounds crazy. Most Vipers around here need gears and really sticky tires to be quick, but on the highway they are FAST!

Hey Angus, looking at his dyno, what would it take to get the peak torque down to 4k RPM, and what would you give up on the top?

Here is what I am thinking about you tell me what would be best.

Stock 3.2l (not opposed to head gasket and studs, just do not want to do any internals for now), water to air intercooler, VVIS removed, all other supporting fuel mods and FIC. Can I get to and safely track the car with 400RWHP and 325lb Torque at 4k RPMs with out Meth on 93 pump, or do I need to back things down a little?

Dave

Stock 3.2l (not opposed to head gasket and studs, just do not want to do any internals for now), water to air intercooler, VVIS removed, all other supporting fuel mods and FIC. Can I get to and safely track the car with 400RWHP and 325lb Torque at 4k RPMs with out Meth on 93 pump, or do I need to back things down a little?

Dave
How advanced is your driving and how hard are you going to push the car?

An oil temp and pressure gauge as well as a baffled pan would be very good insurance for a tracked car.

How advanced is your driving and how hard are you going to push the car?

An oil temp and pressure gauge as well as a baffled pan would be very good insurance for a tracked car.

I have a little time in at the track, my current setup is not as extensive of a build as you guys are use to seeing but for a streetable NSX I think my car is fairly well prepped.

As far as my skills, I am always looking to improve myself first, and I know enough to know when the car is driving me and when I am driving the car.

I have been in autocross and DE events for many years, long before i got a NSX. With my first NSX I started with a mild track setup (swaybars, rotors, pads, tires) on a otherwise stock 92 and worked on my skills and setup, then after a few years and a few thousand track miles, I felt I got all I could get out of that setup without investing another 25k in an otherwise perfect almost all original low mileage '92. I moved onto a heavily modded '91 with lots of go-fast and go-slow parts including a CTSC HiBoost, BBK, Accusump, Short Gears, 4.23 RP, harnesses, and all the supporting suspension mods to take an otherwise fun street car and turn it into a really fun track car.

Without being a professional driver all I have to compare and rate my skills are the other guys in similar skill groups and similar cars as I have at the track. I do not feel my driving skills have reached the level of this car yet, and may never. The point of my post was really on my future plans, I am thinking of getting another NSX mainly for street use but I know I will track it at least a little. I also know that after having the Tq and HP of the CTSC I will not be happy with a N/A NSX, so I am looking at options that may suit my goals. I am also looking for a more civilized street car than what I currently have setup my '91 to be.

Depending on the dollars and how much since I have I may keep them both or just look at something completly different for the date night car. If I look at something different like a Vantage V8 I may not be tempted to mod it like I would another newer NSX, but if I move to the Vantage I will have to sell the '91 to raise the funds for the V8V.

Maybe more info than you wanted or needed, but you asked. I do have a great respect for what you guys are doing and your skills at the track, I also know I do not have the skills or the budget to hang with you guys.

Dave

Just what a Viper needs, more torque down low! or was it a ProCharger setup either way sounds crazy. Most Vipers around here need gears and really sticky tires to be quick, but on the highway they are FAST!

Hey Angus, looking at his dyno, what would it take to get the peak torque down to 4k RPM, and what would you give up on the top?

Dave

Dave , sorry for the late reply , pm me for faster response.

My turbocharger is a custom built unit for the NSX , I have tried to match the stock power curve as much as possible , I think I have succeded .

If you wanted to get a turbo that will come on sooner , I could change to a smaller A/R on the turbine side , you probably would not lose much up top . The only issue I could see would be possibly adding stress to driveline components (engine included) .

I think you would love the setup just the way it is - dyno sheets don't really tell the tale accurately.

A note on reliability , my own car is making 422 whp , and I drive it like I stole it , it will take whatever I can throw at it.

You can easily achieve 400whp on 93 octane and be reliable , I would do the studs (your car has metal head gaskets) I would just change the bolts out without even taking the heads off ( I have done this in other motors without issue).

I would personally stick to air/air (especially at 400whp) it is just so much more simple , one less thing to break or leak.

As far as the viper is concerned , it was a 99 GTS with a paxton setup , it was a beast.
Any other questions just ask

Wil

Last edited:
Dave , sorry for the late reply , pm me for faster response.
Wil

We will soon find out about the driveline stresses most of the big blower cars are making arround 300lbs of Tq at 3000 rpm and climbing fast from there.

Thanks, let me get my stuff together and I will call or PM you.

Dave

Last edited:
Supercharged viper and turbo nsx eh? How do the two compare?

Totaly different

depends on my mood which i drive-

the Viper takes a lot more energy to drive but can be very rewarding- big block high torque- low reving slow shifting

the NSX- much more polished high reving fun-

no noticable lag- the power builds smotthly until redline just as stock but you have to recalibrate your brain for the additional power (speed)

Rich

Totaly different

depends on my mood which i drive-

the Viper takes a lot more energy to drive but can be very rewarding- big block high torque- low reving slow shifting

the NSX- much more polished high reving fun-

no noticable lag- the power builds smotthly until redline just as stock but you have to recalibrate your brain for the additional power (speed)

Rich

So are you saying that it's rather linear in power? Lol @ recalibrating brain comment

If I look at something different like a Vantage V8 I may not be tempted to mod it like I would another newer NSX, but if I move to the Vantage I will have to sell the '91 to raise the funds for the V8V.

There is a big untapped market for a turbo/SC Vantage kit.
The V-12 Vantage is not coming to the US but everyone that has driven it claims it to be awesome. Some say the best AM ever produced.

Dave; you still say an FIC on a OBD1 is the hot set up ?
Almost everyone except yourself says stand alone is the way to go.
Caveat; with a tuner that knows his head from his.....
(one tuner in my area has been "outed" for his crap work)

Last edited:
Back