Air-Tran airlines

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this airline. I lost my luggage, with them. Well they did(second season of 24, 150+ dollars worth of clothing, electric toothbrush and such, and some other things we needed for our condo) and it was all of my favorite and best stuff that I had. Has anyone heard of this happening to them with this airline or to someone else? I am somewhat greiving over this (have had the same outfit for 4 days now with new pairs of nessesary items). Also, can it be the airport that messed all of this up or the airline?

I do like the airline with it's XM radio in the plane and the nice price for tickets. Hopefully we dont have change airlines becuase of a crappy airline.

TIA
Dan

I'm flying Air Tran next month. I'll let you know.

I haven't yet decided whether to check luggage. I usually don't...

I fly ATA whenever I go see my brother in Indianapolis from Orlando, never had any problems, probably flown ten times over the last five years or so. If that helps.

clr1024 said:
I fly ATA
There are two different low-fare airlines with similar-sounding names.

FL.gif
Air Tran Airways (originally ValuJet) has a hub in Atlanta and a mini-hub in Orlando, which are the origin and/or destination of nearly all its flights. I assume this is the airline mentioned by the original poster in this topic.

TZ.gif
ATA (originally American Trans Air) is currently operating under Chapter 11 (bankruptcy reorganization). It entered into a code-sharing agreement with Southwest Airlines which provided a cash infusion (as well as transferring gates at Midway to Southwest). Most of its flights are to or from its mini-hubs at Chicago Midway, Dallas, Washington National, New York LaGuardia, and San Francisco. It no longer serves its corporate headquarters in Indianapolis, where it formerly had a hub.

new meaning to "lost my shirt"

:biggrin: :biggrin: i gotz two free roundtrippers on "critter", thanx to wendy's:biggrin: :biggrin:
might hop to sun'n'fun/lakeland fl for the weekend...

Re: new meaning to "lost my shirt"

I flew them a few years ago and they were fine. don't remeber being late... pretty unremarkable flight as i recall, whoch is a very good thing. I'm pretty scared when it comes to commercial flying!

On another note... My dad should be heading down to sun n fun from connecticut... he's always had a blast here, been going for years!! enjoy!

I'll be taking Air Tran to Indy to see the US Grand Prix mainly because it was the only direct flight from Tampa. Don't plan on checking in luggage.

Mike

jalnjr said:
:biggrin: :biggrin: i gotz two free roundtrippers on "critter", thanx to wendy's:biggrin: :biggrin:
might hop to sun'n'fun/lakeland fl for the weekend...
Did you find a finger in your soup too? :biggrin:

terrypancake said:
Did you find a finger in your soup too? :biggrin:
how did you know i had a runny nose??:biggrin: :biggrin:
puke.gif

Well I got back last night and still no luck with my luggage. I got me one of those "How did we do" cards from the magazine on the flight. They will deffinetly hear from me. It did in a way ruin part of my vacation. Hopefuly you guys who will be flying Air-Tran will have better luck then me.

A Linksys wireless card was stolen from my checked luggage while flying with Northwest. I filed a claim thinking nothing would come of it. A couple months later I was surprised to find a check for $80 in the mail from them.

File a claim.

I fly airtran from BWI to Tampa every other month. I have never had a problem. I like them for the XM and I always upgrade to business class for an additional $50. I prefer them to Southwest with the caddle herding.

Rob

I fly a ton. I've had 5 Southwest flights this week alone.

Anyway, I try to avoid Air Tran if I can. Air Tran used to be ValueJet, that airline that went south due to the crash in the Everglades.

I've never had luggage lost, because I don't check luggage. I carry on everything.

Being a super frequent traveller, I loathe checking in luggage.

Back