After the NSX, what is the "LOGICAL" upgrade next car?

If you have like $25k to play with, what about twincharging your nsx? SOS supercharger and a turbo kit put together

First let me say I LOVE my NSX and it's probably the best money I ever spent for a car in this price range. It's given me almost 3 years of happiness now and is forever part of my family after being used in our wedding last year! :biggrin:

A friend told me a logical upgrade from an nsx would be a CTSC nsx! haha

So I've been looking at Supercharged NSX's but I do admit I have wandering eyes.

Wanted to pose this question to NSX owners and see what are some cars you guys have considered as the next car? I've seen some switch to a Z06 Vette, a Viper, Ferrari, Lambo....etc

I was getting our Lexus SUV serviced the other day and came across another rare unicorn. I'm scheduled to see/drive the car this Friday but so far I love everything about this car except the mileage (04 with 23k miles)

i would find a used lotus .
along with a really good mechanic!

First let me say I LOVE my NSX and it's probably the best money I ever spent for a car in this price range. It's given me almost 3 years of happiness now and is forever part of my family after being used in our wedding last year! :biggrin:

A friend told me a logical upgrade from an nsx would be a CTSC nsx! haha

So I've been looking at Supercharged NSX's but I do admit I have wandering eyes.

Wanted to pose this question to NSX owners and see what are some cars you guys have considered as the next car? I've seen some switch to a Z06 Vette, a Viper, Ferrari, Lambo....etc

I was getting our Lexus SUV serviced the other day and came across another rare unicorn. I'm scheduled to see/drive the car this Friday but so far I love everything about this car except the mileage (04 with 23k miles)

i don't suppose you might consider a tesla?

http://autos.yahoo.com/used-cars/tesla-overview

http://autos.yahoo.com/used-cars/te...stingtype=used&model=&make=tesla&distance=any

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/02/23/2010-tesla-roadster-sport-review/

Last edited:
I'm seriously thinking about a Tesla Model S to purchase within the next year or so.
I've been to Tesla in Seattle (worked with Troy), and test drove the Roadster. It's a fantastic sports car, but with the amount of sports cars I have now, it's almost an impossible buy-in from the wife.
In addition, I have gone to the Tesla dealership in Palo Alto and spoke to Ernie. They didn't have much info about the Model S at the time. Luckily, I attended the grand opening of the Tesla showroom at Santana Row in Santa Clara two weekends ago, and they had some more info on it. They actually had a small fold-up brochure which gave more details of it.
I then was able to convince my wife to come with me two days ago to the Santana Row showroom (ask for Troy, as he is now here from Seattle), and she is now interested in the car. Seating for 5 adults plus 2 children, and double the cargo space of a BMW 7-series? It's quite amazing. The looks of the car are very elegant and beautiful. In some angles, it reminds me of a Maserati.
She said that I should buy one if I sell some of the cars, so now I'm thinking about selling one of the NSX's, and maybe the Cayenne.

I believe it is a $5000 deposit, which is complete refundable.
Don't forget that you also get a $7500 federal tax credit, and for those CA residents, there is also another $5000 credit. The car qualifies for HOV, so that is another perk besides the benefit to the environment, as well as to your pocketbook for the gas you're not going to be purchasing. I was told that it costs about $6 in your electricity bill for every 300 mile range.

In addition, we would also be considering the Fiskar Karma.

Last edited:
R8, 355 or 360 depending on your price range and taste. I thought the 355 drove better than the 360. Never drove an R8 but I am taking offers for those that will let me :biggrin:

R8, 355 or 360 depending on your price range and taste. I thought the 355 drove better than the 360. Never drove an R8 but I am taking offers for those that will let me :biggrin:

Since you're in Sac, if you come down to the Bay Area, I'll let you drive my R8.

Since you're in Sac, if you come down to the Bay Area, I'll let you drive my R8.

Yawwn I was just in Monterey doing skip barber then to SF as I have family there. I should have met up with you and seen your theater (and R8). My brother in law is also looking at a model S, thanks for the comments on it. Isn't Tesla some place between SF and San Jose? I drove by a huge factory that said "Tesla" on it.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WjmtsKdrtkU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That just looks like an awesome car...

Matt can you go into more detail for everyone please as to why you bought and sold a GT-R and decided to keep the NSX?

S4play, for me the CTSC makes all the difference in the world.

That just looks like an awesome car...

Matt can you go into more detail for everyone please as to why you bought and sold a GT-R and decided to keep the NSX?

S4play, for me the CTSC makes all the difference in the world.

Thanks ~ I've been debating the supercharger but right now that's just not in my budget with a newborn daughter and other expenses. I would love to ride in a supercharged NSX one of these days.

Yawwn graciously let me drive his R-tronic R8 and it's everything the NSX should be but isn't. Makes my NSX feel slow for sure but it was fun caravaning with him that day. You really get to appreciate the R8's lines on the highway!

Tesla is in Fremont, CA as they took over the old Toyota Nummi plant. I live 10 minutes from there. Tesla's old office was in Palo Alto near Stanford but they recently opened up a retail store at Santana Row (ritzy shopping area in San Jose).

Dave

I didn't sell the gtr yet. But I do know when the time comes to sell a car, the gtr will go before the nsx. My reason for this is because I get more emotion with the nsx than the gtr. Also, I feel like an nsx is a car I can keep forever because it doesn't have all of the electronic doodas. However, I just got the gtr tuned on friday and the car is insane right now.

But I do want to be like yawwwn and have an r8 to go with my nsx. And a bad movie theater in my house. And a vineyard. And....well, you get the idea :)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
What do youguys think of the porsche cayman?
It's a bit slower than a NSX(~1/2 a second in 1/4), but it looks really nice.

1582855-9.jpg

Last edited:
I have my heart set on a 997 GT3RS, but then I remind myself I could get another NSX and build a 400hp n/a stroker and be just as fast (in an arguably better looking car) for less.

Thanks ~ I've been debating the supercharger but right now that's just not in my budget with a newborn daughter and other expenses. I would love to ride in a supercharged NSX one of these days.

Yawwn graciously let me drive his R-tronic R8 and it's everything the NSX should be but isn't. Makes my NSX feel slow for sure but it was fun caravaning with him that day. You really get to appreciate the R8's lines on the highway!

Tesla is in Fremont, CA as they took over the old Toyota Nummi plant. I live 10 minutes from there. Tesla's old office was in Palo Alto near Stanford but they recently opened up a retail store at Santana Row (ritzy shopping area in San Jose).

Grab a used CTSC when they come up. It transforms the car. I really don't like being in NA NSX's anymore. LOL

What do youguys think of the porsche cayman?
It's a bit slower than a NSX(~1/2 a second in 1/4), but it looks really nice.

1582855-9.jpg

I think it's better than a 911 and an awesome car. But I still prefer the NSX for a number of reasons.

Dave

I didn't sell the gtr yet. But I do know when the time comes to sell a car, the gtr will go before the nsx. My reason for this is because I get more emotion with the nsx than the gtr. Also, I feel like an nsx is a car I can keep forever because it doesn't have all of the electronic doodas. However, I just got the gtr tuned on friday and the car is insane right now.

But I do want to be like yawwwn and have an r8 to go with my nsx. And a bad movie theater in my house. And a vineyard. And....well, you get the idea :)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

What is "tuned"? That's why I didn't buy the GTR! I got back in my NSX and I was thinking "this car is more fun!". I may not have thought that if I didn't have a CTSC, a manual, and a top that was off on a summer day.

Yawwn I was just in Monterey doing skip barber then to SF as I have family there. I should have met up with you and seen your theater (and R8). My brother in law is also looking at a model S, thanks for the comments on it. Isn't Tesla some place between SF and San Jose? I drove by a huge factory that said "Tesla" on it.

Hi TURBO2GO,
Shoot! I wish we could have met up. It would have been great to finally meet you in person D. Please PM or email me the next time you're planning to be in the area.
As for your brother, if he wants to communicate with someone from Tesla, have him contact me and I'll introduce him to one the of managers, Troy.

S4Play is correct in that the factory is located in Fremont (it was the old NUMMI plant that was a coop with Toyota and GM to produce like the Matrix).
They also have dealerships in Palo Alto and Santa Clara.

Thanks for the kinds words S4Play, Xetronic, and Matt.

I have my heart set on a 997 GT3RS, but then I remind myself I could get another NSX and build a 400hp n/a stroker and be just as fast (in an arguably better looking car) for less.

A GT3RS is arguably a different price point of a car and unless you plan to track I don't think it's that special. After a while it will just be another P-car with crazy graphics and you will want something else.

As for the Cayman, we did some work on a friend's Cayman S and granted it's a nice car but certainly not all that special. I would rather have my s2000 and supercharge it frankly...

Guess I will keep my eyes open for NSX superchargers but for now I'm content on modifying my s2000.

here's a picture of my buddy's Cayman sitting on KWV3 and Work wheels:

IMG_2901.jpg

A GT3RS is arguably a different price point of a car and unless you plan to track I don't think it's that special. After a while it will just be another P-car with crazy graphics and you will want something else.

Oh trust me it would see plenty of track time. ;)

I won't be able to afford anything like that for many many years anyways, which is why I mentioned a bored/stroked NSX would be just as fast and cheaper. :)

Last edited:
the sound you get from the CTSC is worth the price in itself

I assume you are referring to the s2000? I had a CTSC in my 05 rio s2000 and doing a SOS supercharger in my 09 GPW this time around.

It's the NSX supercharger I have not really experienced :biggrin:

P.S. type-j, I find it funny we have the exact opposite color cars before I got rid of my 05 Rio...haha

IMG_1609.jpg

As for the Cayman, we did some work on a friend's Cayman S and granted it's a nice car but certainly not all that special. I would rather have my s2000 and supercharge it frankly...

Guess I will keep my eyes open for NSX superchargers but for now I'm content on modifying my s2000.

here's a picture of my buddy's Cayman sitting on KWV3 and Work wheels:

IMG_2901.jpg

i have heard that there is not enough insulation between the cayman engine and passenger seats, so in the summer your feet freeze from the AC while your back sweats.

i have heard that there is not enough insulation between the cayman engine and passenger seats, so in the summer your feet freeze from the AC while your back sweats.

Never believe everything you read - I've driven this car in hot summer days and NEVER had that issue. Sounds totally false as the seats have great ventilation and their interior carpet is quite thick and plush.

This is a luxury car not like the early Vipers with the exhaust manifold heating up the legs due to the exhaust running down the sides of the car.

the Mclaren MP4-12c seems to be the logical successor to me. Both rear wheel drive, over engineered, understated, direct Ferrari competitors.

Audi R8 comes in a close second.

I would also say the Porsche 911, it's just that the looks have always been a major let down for me. A 911 is a 911 and nothing else. it is good looking but you wouldn't mistake it for a batmobilesque like the NSX or a Ferrari or any other supercar.

I love Lotus but it too seems to be its own car with nothing to compare it with. For me personally , I look at lotus as the mini Ferrari normal people can realistically dream of owning. I just can't wait to see their new products in 2013. If they hold true to their claim of Porsche rivaling build quality, then that might be on my list of supercar to pick up.

Back