After the NSX, what is the "LOGICAL" upgrade next car?

Wow you sure are quick to make a judgment. I didn't even say anything and only posted the emoticon yet your sure I have made some judgment. Exactly how did you figure out whether my judgment was negative or positive?

FYI - I wasn't actually making a judgment but just shocked by what I had read. I dont see how anyone could read the whole thread and the links to others and not be shocked.

If you want to chastise Primers for posting emoticons or providing opinions why not start another thread and do so.

:eek:

:biggrin::tongue:

Wow you sure are quick to make a judgment. I didn't even say anything and only posted the emoticon yet your sure I have made some judgment. Exactly how did you figure out whether my judgment was negative or positive?

FYI - I wasn't actually making a judgment but just shocked by what I had read. I dont see how anyone could read the whole thread and the links to others and not be shocked.

If you want to chastise Primers for posting emoticons or providing opinions why not start another thread and do so.

lol.

All this talk of R8's??

This would be my upgrade.. One of my favorite Ferraris:

wyo550a.jpg

ditto!

Hmmm,

Maybe actually "owning" the other cars you've said you've had?

The fun starts at post 47 and keeps going and going....
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/automobiles-sale/102421-feeler-2008-white-audi-r8-4.html#post1418109

So you're the Nick of 6speedonline... I just happened to stumble upon that thread since I'm also looking at a used V8 R8.

Ouch.

Dave

I went over and read the thread at 6-speed, and while a lot of assumption was running rampant over there regarding orders, and the status of orders, or the intentions behind orders- what I see is a guy who likes cool cars, and wants to be a part of owning them. If he decides to flip them in a brokerage type manor than more power to him for figuring out a way to buy cars he wants to drive, and then resell them for $$$.

I'm guessing the idea is to buy the car, take delivery and drive it a little bit, then sell it off to a buyer who is waiting in the wings. Where it starts to go wrong is when people start drawing conclusions like that Rick is waiting until he has a buyer before placing the order ect.

What I REALLY see over there is animosity. People trying to put their thumb on a guy because he doesn't fit their definition of a "baller", and trying to tear him down as some sort of poseur. News flash folks: there are a lot of posed "ballers" out here on the internet. I don't think it is an excuse to tear this guy apart- especially if he hasn't stolen anyone's money or committed any sort of crime.

My question to those guys is- Who gives a f@#$? From the write ups this guy Rick (who I honestly don't know) has never stolen anyone's money, or done anything but try to help connect prospective buyers with the cars of their dreams while making some money, and enjoying the cars himself.

Call me crazy, but as long as everyone gets what they want, I don't see a problem with that.

P

Last edited:
I am a rear side guy :wink: so R8 it is!

I agree face does not match the auss on R8. Park it reverse (depends how you park nsx) and lights off!!

chappelle-player-haters-ball.jpg

....and the playa hater of the year award goes to....

For me(ko-nsx) it would be the McLaren MP4-12c. I really like the engineering that went into it. They didn't go in to the parts bin and make it.
:biggrin:

Attachments

• McLaren-MP4-12C.jpg
    McLaren-MP4-12C.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
"no offence to anyone or myself, doesnt really matter what you did or who won, hes driving a timeless classic ferrari, and we are driving goats (nothing wrong with that, just cant really compare)."

To OP, if your looking to blend in with everyone get a 911 or Vette. If you want people following you around and taking pictures then get a Ferrari, Lambo, Viper, or GTR. Now there will be lots of lying about this statement but we all know its true

+1. I am thinking of placing a deposit on one.

Ritesh, so you changed your mind? Thought that you would have a deposit down for a 4.0LE 997.2GT3RS ;).

Seriously I am still waiting for the dealership to open here in the SF Bay Area to be able to actuallly test drive the car.

BTW: The fact that the car does not have a mechanical LSD or even an E-Diff is a big turn-off.

McLaren can try to talk their way out of that one, but it is an overisight that is turning off many potential buyers of the car, so hopefully they will reconsider.

Not sure how I feel about having a version of Windows as part of the electronics package on the car.

I am coming from a Viper ACR. Many people who love the things about the NSX will not find a lot of enjoyment in a Viper of any year.

The Viper and NSX are polar opposites in the way they conduct business. But I don't see many people upgrading towards one from an NSX. However they are both a blast to drive.

For my personally, I agree with the R8 as being a nice choice. Very much like I would imagine the NSX would be today if it had been redesigned.

Im easy, just want a 2002-2003 911 Turbo. Need a 6 speed, 100% mechanically stock, and under $45k. :biggrin: Easy enough you would think :confused: I must have looked at over 50 so far, but I'm just waiting till I find "the one". Guess Im too picky.

Im easy, just want a 2002-2003 911 Turbo. Need a 6 speed, 100% mechanically stock, and under $45k. :biggrin: Easy enough you would think :confused: I must have looked at over 50 so far, but I'm just waiting till I find "the one". Guess Im too picky.

what issues do 50 used cars have thats turning you off? any common themes?

Yeah, I'm having a blast with my 997 Turbo... Have you checked the 6speedonline classifieds? I see 996's occasionally.

I think a "logical" upgrade to the NSX is a Ferrari, especially now that they're more practical.

The new Loti look good too.. the McLaren seems a tad pricey.... the R8 in any guise is also a great move except the AWD may ruin some of the "feel" an NSX driver is used to.

Then there's rumors of the NSX being re-born... and that honestly might be what some will want to wait for, because nothing drives/feels like a Japanese car, and some of these other cars will disappoint some enthusiasts for various reasons.

For me however, 997 Turbo Cab... I'm in heaven!
009.jpg

Ritesh, so you changed your mind? Thought that you would have a deposit down for a 4.0LE 997.2GT3RS ;).

BTW: The fact that the car does not have a mechanical LSD or even an E-Diff is a big turn-off.

McLaren can try to talk their way out of that one, but it is an overisight that is turning off many potential buyers of the car, so hopefully they will reconsider.

Not sure how I feel about having a version of Windows as part of the electronics package on the car.

Ken,

-I love my GT3. I am keeping it. However I can't stand the thought of Porsche "whoring" themselves out and making 19 variations of the same model. It is probably 20+ variations.

-My concern isn't the lack of LSD(the car compensates for it with brake steer). My concern is the lack of established heritage. I.E. - you buy a Ferrari you know you are part of the mafia with multiple past and future products at various price tags that are available. Will McLaren stick around long term or is this just an "exercise" for Dennis's big ego? My other concern is the driving experience. I don't necessarily want a copy of a Ferrari but I don't want a video game either. Hopefully the driver/car interface has been sorted out. All the mag articles are out and Chris Harris's video is quite informative.

what issues do 50 used cars have thats turning you off? any common themes?

Nothing really common, just not 100% what I'm looking for. Tan interiors, aftermarket sound systems, lack of service records, poor condition, high miles, and since I kept my last NSX for 7 years and I plan on keeping this car for the same length on time, just want something perfect! Its weird how many Turbo's came with wood interior :confused:

I've searched Ebay, Manheim, Autotrader/Cars.com, 6speedonline, and every sight under the sun. Sloan has some nice stuff but much dinero :smile:

Why do I get a feeling of deja vu here, this topic has been discussed before.

My logical answer, being a Japanese car guy first and foremost, would be the new GTR. It looks like a warthog and it goes like stink. The 2012 model basically thumbs its nose at anything from Europe in its price range and even $100K over it.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WjmtsKdrtkU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I also would love to have a 550 maranello. I love the styling and the FR layout. It harkens back to great Ferrari GTs of the past.

EDIT: I did not have the time to read through the crap posted about the other forum but if there's any question of your integrity Rick, and you don't have the time or energy to defend/explain, just retire the handle. I'm always amazed at how people get so attached to their whimsical usernames. LOL

Last edited:
I guess the rich bash on the poor and the poor bash on the rich? Yeah shit happens lol

i posted on honda tech, which consists mostly of civic and integra owners on whether i should paint my top black and all i got is hatred. I bet if i asked as a civic owner, the answers would be more civilized.....

as far as answers go, a supercharger or turbo would make a nice upgrade. If you have more money to spend, a used gallardo or r8 would make a nice upgrade then the sky is the limit from there

Back