Advice for a first time visit to Tokyo

Hello all,

Not sure if this is the proper forum to ask, but I'm looking for some advice for a first time visit for a car enthusiast. I plan to be in Tokyo in for the first week of October (next week). It doesn't need to be NSX focused, just a fan of JDM cars in general. However, I would love to look for parts for the NSX or my FD RX7 if I can. Here is my short list:

-I plan to visit at least 1 of the Up Garage stores. Are there any similar that sell new/used parts? Which is the best one?
-I also heard of the Daikoku car meet - what is the best day to attend this? Can I get to this by train?
-Car auction houses - I'm not looking to buy, but would love to check it out (for potential future purchases). I heard it was closed to the public now, is that true?

Any other suggestions or advice would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Bill

pm track addict

I plan to visit at least 1 of the Up Garage stores. Are there any similar that sell new/used parts? Which is the best one?

There's only one in Tokyo that's relatively accessible by train. It's the one in Nerimatakanodai station. Close to Spoon and us.

-I also heard of the Daikoku car meet - what is the best day to attend this? Can I get to this by train?

Daikoku is in a PA. Train is impossible to use to get here. Please don't use a taxi to go here. You will get stranded and cannot exit. Friday and Saturday nights are the time to go but it has been heavily watered down since 2018's police enforcement.

-Car auction houses - I'm not looking to buy, but would love to check it out (for potential future purchases). I heard it was closed to the public now, is that true?

Most likely. You'll need to be a registered member from what I was told.

I'm coming in November, can't wait.

Back