Advan RS & Stoptech - a go!

hi guys --

We test fit a set of Advan RS (17x8.0 18x10.0) and were able to verify that the wheel with the high pad (shown below) fits Stoptech brakes with out spacers! The wheels look incredible with the deeply concaved rear spokes. Despite being 17/18, the wheels look much larger due to the spokes extending to the outer perimeter of the barrel.

This wheel is available in Silver, Gold, Dark Gun Metallic (shown below), and Bright Chrome. These wheels are very similar to the RZ, with the difference of the spokes being evenly distributed (where the RZ's spokes are paired together). The wheel has a slightly flatter face in contrast to the deep concaved spokes in the rear. This accentuates the NSX's mid engined body lines by carrying the visual lines from the front to the rear of the car.

The wheels are very light - comparable to other forged wheels. They weigh 15.5 lbs front and 18.75 lbs rear (the front wheel for example is even lighter that the factory 2002+ wheel - despite being wider).

We have RS sets incoming and Stoptech brakes in stock.

Advan RS Wheels:
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/exterior_performance_products/NSX/Advan/RS/

Stoptech Big Brakes:
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/braking_performance_parts/NSX/Stoptech/big_brake_system/

take care,
-- Chris

frontfitted.jpg

pair.jpg

pair2.jpg

06.jpg

20.jpg

nsx_adavan_3[1].jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
Last edited:
I was referred to this post when I had a similar question re C28N high pad - though not CE28ns:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=488727&postcount=68

and the picture in this post - though this doesn't specify if a spacer was used:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1063677&postcount=2

hi Hrant --

We test fit this today for you to confirm:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113137

We have Stoptech in stock if you're interested - would be great to set you up.

Cheers,
-- Chris

CHris, you state you have several coming in? Any chance of 18/19 in gunmetal?

Am i right to guess a "low pad" rear would have even deeper concave? (might not clear BBK on rear though).

Sorry, no 18/19s, we can order them though.

We have 2 sets of 17/18 in Gun Metallic coming in (1 set sold) coming in about 6 weeks.

Cheers,
-- Chris

Sorry folks - I should have posted this in this thread: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1078877#post1078877

Moderator, please move the the post as appropriate. Thank you.

-----------------

Finally, Stoptech with 02+ OEM wheels with 15mm H&R spacers on both the front and rear. Plenty of clearance :tongue:

The first two pics are the front - so is the fifth; the second two are the rear. Very stealth ...... :cool:

And for those who want more flash ...... see the last two when we were testing it on another car; the clearance actually turned out to be even more :wink:

As for performance, I am on Bobcat street pads now and finally enjoying clean rims after drives :smile: But I am making an adjustment from driving for a year on XP8 (track) pads with OEM calipers even on streets. Tomorrow might be a different; we are at the track and may use the XP10 like the big boys do :eek::biggrin:

Last edited:
Chris, can you post all wheels and colors you currently have in stock at the moment. That would be great. Thank's:smile:

I love those wheels. I hate that they are cast wheels though. If they were forged it would be sick. I love the concave look of them.

Chris, can you post all wheels and colors you currently have in stock at the moment. That would be great. Thank's:smile:

RZ 17/18 Hyper Silver - 1 set in stock ($100.00 off the set we have in stock
RZ 17/18 Gun Metallic - 1 set in stock ($100.00 off the set we have in stock

Cheers,
-- Chris

I love those wheels. I hate that they are cast wheels though. If they were forged it would be sick. I love the concave look of them.

The casting process used on these wheels ensures a very lightweight and high strength design. The Advan RS and RZ are very lightweight wheels. They are similar in weight to forged wheels, like Volk CE28N.

Cheers,
-- Chris

chris,
from what i can tell in pics, the rear wheels' offset is a fairly low number (sticks out beyond the fender)- are other offsets available in either rs or rz?
i would not want to having to resort to stretching the tires.
thx

Chris,

Can you share the offsets on the gun metallic Advan RS's you have in stock, and could you confirm any experience with tire sizes and lack of rubbing with them?

Example - Advan RS (17x8.0 18x10.0) front 215/40 - 17 (w/what offset?) and 275/40-18 (w/what offset?) or maybe 285/40 - 18's?

How about handling and ride? Any effect on speedo?
Still $100 off the sets in stock?

Thanks for sharing?

Charlie

Chris,

Can you share the offsets on the gun metallic Advan RS's you have in stock, and could you confirm any experience with tire sizes and lack of rubbing with them?

Example - Advan RS (17x8.0 18x10.0) front 215/40 - 17 (w/what offset?) and 275/40-18 (w/what offset?) or maybe 285/40 - 18's?

How about handling and ride? Any effect on speedo?
Still $100 off the sets in stock?

Thanks for sharing?

Charlie

hi Charlie --

We recommend 215/40-17 and 265/35-18 tires. They have about the same outer diameter as stock - so no effect on TCS, ABS, speedo.

We do not have the RS in stock now. However, we have two sets in Gun Metallic on order due in about 6-8 weeks. We have an RZ set in Gun Metallic and Hyper Silver in stock with the $100.00 discount.

If you have any more questions, please contact us.

Cheers,
-- Chris

hi Charlie --

We recommend 215/40-17 and 265/35-18 tires. They have about the same outer diameter as stock - so no effect on TCS, ABS, speedo.

We do not have the RS in stock now. However, we have two sets in Gun Metallic on order due in about 6-8 weeks. We have an RZ set in Gun Metallic and Hyper Silver in stock with the $100.00 discount.

If you have any more questions, please contact us.

Chris,

Thanks for the information. Still am working a couple of ideas before I pull the trigger.

Wish you guys were here in Michigan so I could pull on your experience! I just reviewed your website again and it is first class.

Charlie

hi Charlie --

No problem, just let us know if you have any questions.

regards,
-- Chris

Chris,
Is it safe to assume that any rim that clears a Stoptech caliper on the NSX (front or rear) will definitely clear a Brembo Indy caliper ? Thanks.

Tino,
i'm not chris but i have compared the two calipers with my own testing (indy vs stoptech) and it will fit your indy's no problem. In fact i have a comptech spare wheel for my indy calipers that i bought to share with a friend who has stoptechs (so on nsx drives we woudl both have a spare) and my comptech spare will not fit his calipers.

Tom

Back